The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A winger, a striker and an lb for me.

A CB would be good too.

We tend to play a 4-3-3. So a genuine left attacking mid would be good. We will probably land Targett on a perm but some back up wouldn’t hurt given injuries. Can’t believe how much Krafth has improved.

Definitely need a striker. Wood has been OK but he’s more a CF. Not enough goals. Wilson 30 now. A top quality CB along side Burn would be ideal. Schar has been very good but it’s slim pickings after that.

Midfield looks pretty good, one more wouldn’t hurt. I don’t think they have to spend huge to be challenging that 5-10 spot next year. Maybe the year after is when the spending can go up a notch

So what are we thinking in terms of transfers?

I’m thinking to begin:

1x high quality centre back
1x creative forward type
1x reserve keeper

Then ID some of the best young talent in England to bring through to make sure we’re locked in with the European rules in a few years.

My view is the best thing the ownership can do is get the training grounds upgraded and invest in the academy anyway. There’s also the question about what happens to SJP long-term, given that my understanding is it’s impossible to expand the Gallowgate/East Stands.

Get Pickford after Everton is relegated 😜

We tend to play a 4-3-3. So a genuine left attacking mid would be good. We will probably land Targett on a perm but some back up wouldn’t hurt given injuries. Can’t believe how much Krafth has improved.

Definitely need a striker. Wood has been OK but he’s more a CF. Not enough goals. Wilson 30 now. A top quality CB along side Burn would be ideal. Schar has been very good but it’s slim pickings after that.

Midfield looks pretty good, one more wouldn’t hurt. I don’t think they have to spend huge to be challenging that 5-10 spot next year. Maybe the year after is when the spending can go up a notch
Think we have to be a bit wary of FFP too. The fat heck barely spending anything helps but we don’t want to go too hard until the sponsorships are sorted.

Think we have to be a bit wary of FFP too. The fat fu** barely spending anything helps but we don’t want to go too hard until the sponsorships are sorted.

It’s the one good outcome of his entire stewardship of the club and it was completely unintentional.

Going to be a pretty interesting season next year to see Howe with some money to spend. Dan Ashworth will also be at the club then. Pieces falling into place very nicely.

Hopefully either a striker or winger to finish it off I think. Looks like everyone is trying to push us on FFP and we’re having none of it.

Should have been 4-0+ against Forest but a win is a win.

Injury crisis, who cares. I will be disappointed if we don’t get a point tonight. Win and we are top 4. And we still have such a long way to go…

On form will be genuinely disappointed if we don’t take 4 points minimum from the two remaining before the WC break.

Miggy for PotM.

Yep. Just amazing.

Bit worried about midfield depth for the rest of the season with Jonjo going but maybe we see more of big Joe in the middle of the park and Gordon on the left instead.

Win the Carabao though and I just don’t care even if we don’t make CL this season. Project clearly on the way and we are going to look a shitload more appealing to players in the summer.

A bummer that we couldn't get up this morning. They just took their chances and we were so lackluster, just dribbling and dribbiling with nobody willing to take a shot. Murphy almost scored the goal of his life, if we had actually had a go more often it could have been different.

Still a great run to reach a cup final so soon into the new ownership.

A trophy is on the horizon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Transfer Wishlist:

Starting quality at these 3 positions -

Fast CB
LB
CM

Love Schar but I think teams have slowly figured out you can get us with through balls causing a pretty leaky defence of late.

Burn has been immense but we need a fullback that’s accomplished on the ball.

Re CM - Madison has been heavily linked, he’d be a good signing and probably relatively cheap too. I reckon another young holding mid might be needed too for depth.

Transfer Wishlist:

Fast CB
LB
CM

Love Schar but I think teams have slowly figured out you can get us with through balls causing a pretty leaky defence of late.

Re CM - Madison has been heavily linked, he’d be a good signing and probably relatively cheap too. I reckon another young holding mid might be needed too for depth.
I'd like a decent winger too that can contribute 20 goals/assists as well.

Our finishing really hurt us at times this year. Some games we only lost or drew where we should've won. Turn them into wins and we would've had the CL spot wrapped up a month ago.

Go the Toon...🤍🖤🤍🖤

Righty-o. Up and about with 20 minutes before kickoff.

Longstaff back is a surprise while both James Maddison and Harvey Barnes being left out to start for Leicester.

Sean Longstaff coming back in is big and welcome news.

Transfer Wishlist:

Fast CB
LB
CM

Good shouts all 3. Maddison has been linked for ages, think we have to wait for Leicester to go down and he’ll force his way out.

Wouldn’t mind having a look at JWP too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back