Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 30, 2005
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle United, SA Spurs
Wasn't he BOG in that game i think it was vs chelsea?

Hard to see how he goes from that to not rated in a few months, especially since his always had a fair bit of hype around him.

Hopefully once were secure we can get some games into him, ranger, ferguson and see if they've got much go about them.

He wasn't BOG, but he was decent enough.

It's a big transition from reserves to first team (and lets face it, the league cup is reserve football) and the coaching staff obviously don't think he's ready for it.

• Banned
So, premier league again this weekend.

Barton should be fit, Ireland is definitely out (good signing that one - fortunately we only have to pay his wages if he actually plays), Enrique is out and Jonas is doubtful.

Pardew has indicated that we'll be playing a different style to combat the threat that Stoke have from set pieces - for me that means that we'll be playing with 3 central defenders.

---------------------- Harper ----------------------
------- S. Taylor --- Williamson --- Coloccini --------
Simpson ------------------------------------ Ferguson
--------- - Barton ---- Tiote ----- Nolan ------------
---------------- Ameobi ---- Best -------------------

Would take a draw tbh.
I ****ing hate Stoke, especially away

• Banned
Harper; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Campbell, Enrique; Barton, Nolan, Tiote; Ameobi, Lovenkrands

Krul, Taylor, Guthrie, Ferguson, Jonas, Ranger, Kuqi

Didn't watch the game (obviously, being awake at 8am), how bad were we?

It would probably be nice to get a few points so as to, ya know, stay up! Especially after the other results overnight.

Didn't watch the game (obviously, being awake at 8am), how bad were we?

It would probably be nice to get a few points so as to, ya know, stay up! Especially after the other results overnight.
Just got up.

We were absolutely s**t. Barton was really pissing me off at the amount of corner and freekick he butchered. Tiote got his yellow and is now out for 2 weeks.

Shocking performance

• Banned
Tiote has been s**t since he got his new contract.

Other results ended up going our way - still an important match against Wolves.

Krul
Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Enrique
Jonas - Barton - Nolan - Ferguson
Ameobi - Best

(hopefully)

Why didn't Best play against Stoke?

One of Harper's worst games... I had the game on but wasn't really watching it. Saw the stats at half time 1 shot on target for Stoke compared to our 4. They were pretty lucky to be ahead and I thought we were a big chance of getting a point. Then two pieces of awful goal keeping and it was game over.

Really need to win against Wolves or else we might have to hit the panic button.

Why didn't Best play against Stoke?

Ankle injury picked up in training.

Wasn't serious enough to stop him from hitting the piss on Friday night though.... :rolleyes:

We need to be unbeaten in our next 3 games (Wolves home, Villa away, Blackpool away). A win and two draws at a minimum.

^ Damn straight.

Hope everyone has Europe out of their heads now.
I agree.

To be honest I was never thinking it.

We were always one or two injuries away from having a competitive side to one that will struggle given our lack of depth.

The loaning out of Routledge must go down as one of the most stupid loanings of all time. I understand they wanted to cash in but after receiving 35 million from the Carroll signing :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long time no visit.

Got my ticket for Wolves, u guys mad?

inb4 going to england to watch us get relegated

Leave on Tuesday. Nah not yet, going to wing it when I get there.

haha, although we only lost 2-1 to Stoke when I was there not 4-0, so maybe it was actually a good performance. Let us hope not.

Will hopefully be going to all the games for the rest of this season. :O

Even the away games?

The away trips a right laugh, especially if you go with the supporters groups that set htem up.

Yes, will be going to Blackpool, Liverpool and Villa.

First two in particular should be an absolute massive weekend.

Few good little pubs in Blackpool - and fortunately it will be happening at a decent time of the year.

I went to Blackpool in December - the most dreary place there is at that time of the year :D

In April the weather is better so it'll be a bit busier, sure you'll have a ball.

Few good little pubs in Blackpool - and fortunately it will be happening at a decent time of the year.

I went to Blackpool in December - the most dreary place there is at that time of the year :D

In April the weather is better so it'll be a bit busier, sure you'll have a ball.

Nice women to...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back