Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

2007 Honda Jazz on my end, I like the whole "oh s**t a gust of wind" movement with a small car, and it takes corners very well.

Main thing I like is that it doesn’t have too many computers in it. * all these new touch screens and whatever - how is it safe to have to look down to swipe the screen? And just more s**t to go wrong in your car.

Main thing I like is that it doesn’t have too many computers in it. * all these new touch screens and whatever - how is it safe to have to look down to swipe the screen? And just more s**t to go wrong in your car.

Non-tactile controls should never have been permitted.
And while gullible consumers think its an upgrade..".hey its technology ...like your phone".
Its a costdown on the behalf of the car makers.

Plenty of visual displays on the newest fighter jets, but the actual controls are still made for big ham fisted pilots.

Non-tactile controls should never have been permitted.
And while gullible consumers think its an upgrade..".hey its technology ...like your phone".
Its a costdown on the behalf of the car makers.

Plenty of visual displays on the newest fighter jets, but the actual controls are still made for big ham fisted pilots.
Buy an EV if you'd like to be locked inside a chemical furnace after an otherwise negligible fender-bender on any given Sunday.

Hey, you're helping the planet by increasing the prospect of an unextinguishable flame in your immediate area by a ten-fold or so.

Failing that, you can move to Canada and be euthanised for financial hardship / depression.

Last edited:

Buy an EV if you'd like to be locked inside a chemical furnace after an otherwise negligible fender-bender on any given Sunday.

Hey, you're helping the planet by increasing the prospect of an unextinguishable flame in your immediate area by a ten-fold or so.

Failing that, you can move to Canada and be euthanised for financial hardship / depression.

Not sure that's a big risk.
Its a bigger worry that it will burn your house down while its parked in the garage overnight.
I think ( not sure ) they are less likely to burst into flames during an accident than a petrol engine is.
( Even that was exaggerated , Australia had plenty of small cars that had a similar fuel tank scenario to the famous American "Pinto " ).

Not sure that's a big risk.
Its a bigger worry that it will burn your house down while its parked in the garage overnight.
I think ( not sure ) they are less likely to burst into flames during an accident than a petrol engine is.
( Even that was exaggerated , Australia had plenty of small cars that had a similar fuel tank scenario to the famous American "Pinto " ).
The chance of an initial fire is doubtfully not higher in an electric car vs a car that is literally being propelled by small explosions - but the difficulties in extinguishing the batteries with current fire fighting techniques is definitely going to be a problem as they become more prolific.

Not an unfixable one though with changes to what we equip fire fighters, which will no doubt only happen after a catastrophic fire in a tunnel. (This is also why musks loop idea was ******* suicidal)

Whatever ******* idiot at Tesla though decided that rear doors on some models can only open electronically with no mechanical override should be taken out the back and shot.

Of course people can and do get trapped in a normal car with damage to mechanical doors it happens literally every day - but to add another layer of failure by being trapped if there is a power failure is crazy.

The chance of an initial fire is doubtfully not higher in an electric car vs a car that is literally being propelled by small explosions - but the difficulties in extinguishing the batteries with current fire fighting techniques is definitely going to be a problem as they become more prolific.

Not an unfixable one though with changes to what we equip fire fighters, which will no doubt only happen after a catastrophic fire in a tunnel. (This is also why musks loop idea was ******* suicidal)

Whatever ******* idiot at Tesla though decided that rear doors on some models can only open electronically with no mechanical override should be taken out the back and shot.

Of course people can and do get trapped in a normal car with damage to mechanical doors it happens literally every day - but to add another layer of failure by being trapped if there is a power failure is crazy.

Contention, but most rest on 80-20 for combustion being more "OMG my car is now on fire" percentages v EV.

Just look at your smart phone and things like AA and AAA batteries and "get" those cells are TIGHT, bestest of bros to ever exist and they want to PAR-TAY. Batteries are the fuel, depending on how "stupid" the systems are, literally everything can plug in and failures can be of the cascade variety, but, as they are TIGHT, it's not their fault people gatecrashed that party by breaking the door down and everyone around them was stupid and let the bear out to start mauling people.

So, whilst combustion is more a "I'm exploding in this bucket and it now has a hole" sort of thing, battery is "I'm giving it my best, but that controller is mentally unstable and going to kill me" sort of things.

Like how everyone ignores the battery light in the the car and then go "huh?" when it dies and people start saying "it's probably the alternator" as they dunno that's always recharging the battery to keep it excited to load that aircon control in summer.

So, I just decided to do my dish washing which is done by hand as no dishwasher here, noticed during that there was a drip coming from a tap I was not using at all, so, after I was done with said washing and trying to shut things off, noticed it was yep a drip, yep from problem tap, turned that tap on and it shuddered like a boss, so, pipes are probably on the way outta here.

Anywho...

Went out to shut the water off to have a looksee and noticed; that the old man screwed me over and put a damned succulent over the meter, so I had to duck back inside, get a torch sop I can see where the frig the meter is under all that growth, hack at it, find the handle just to turn the water off. So now I have two hands covered in dirt and s**t from tearing at a succulent over a water meter, to try and fix a tap with no water running.

Suffice to say, wiped hands, grabbed pliers, yanked to my hearts content and out popped the washer sans flange, ah, right, then had to remember where the frig I stuck them in rearranging cabinets, found them, walked back out, fitted it, turned water back on, shat myself as there was random explosions around me as people apparently decided just as I turned the water back on to let out some fireworks at 1am, and here I am now after cleaning my hands to regale you all about how;

I
Hate
Succulents over water meters as they're filled with goddamn ants and worms and s**t.
So
I
Am
Going to grab my sledgehammer behind me and beat the ever loving crap outta that succulent on Sunday so help me...

So, I just decided to do my dish washing which is done by hand as no dishwasher here, noticed during that there was a drip coming from a tap I was not using at all, so, after I was done with said washing and trying to shut things off, noticed it was yep a drip, yep from problem tap, turned that tap on and it shuddered like a boss, so, pipes are probably on the way outta here.

Anywho...

Went out to shut the water off to have a looksee and noticed; that the old man screwed me over and put a damned succulent over the meter, so I had to duck back inside, get a torch sop I can see where the frig the meter is under all that growth, hack at it, find the handle just to turn the water off. So now I have two hands covered in dirt and s**t from tearing at a succulent over a water meter, to try and fix a tap with no water running.

Suffice to say, wiped hands, grabbed pliers, yanked to my hearts content and out popped the washer sans flange, ah, right, then had to remember where the frig I stuck them in rearranging cabinets, found them, walked back out, fitted it, turned water back on, shat myself as there was random explosions around me as people apparently decided just as I turned the water back on to let out some fireworks at 1am, and here I am now after cleaning my hands to regale you all about how;

I
Hate
Succulents over water meters as they're filled with goddamn ants and worms and s**t.
So
I
Am
Going to grab my sledgehammer behind me and beat the ever loving crap outta that succulent on Sunday so help me...
High times out beyond the ring road...

Anywho...

I
Hate
So
I
Am
Gotta say, as someone who is not an enthusiast in the garden, I like your techniques........

******* ads on this site are infuriating

happy shocked GIF by South Park

So, I have now seen all Star Wars movies at theatres having just returned from 4-6 about 5 mins ago from leaving at midday today.

There's just something about hearing the waffle from people trying to explain space opera to people who have NFI that you just miss watching at home. Also, New Hope still is best lead in though I am disappointed they didn't add Rogue One for the lead in as that just meshes oh so well with New Hope.

So, I have now seen all Star Wars movies at theatres having just returned from 4-6 about 5 mins ago from leaving at midday today.

There's just something about hearing the waffle from people trying to explain space opera to people who have NFI that you just miss watching at home. Also, New Hope still is best lead in though I am disappointed they didn't add Rogue One for the lead in as that just meshes oh so well with New Hope.
The CGI tech jump for Rouge One might make it feel a bit funny. Pity they didn't do it in full retro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The CGI tech jump for Rouge One might make it feel a bit funny. Pity they didn't do it in full retro.

That and the obvious deleted scenes at the end that got spliced together, but yeah, just the whole "we'll they're dead now" into Leia all "I'm a senator bitch, I dunno what plans" later.

THINGS THAT ARE BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH
*Smoking
*Sugar
*Lack of Sleep
*Being a Boeing whistleblower

At least in the future, when it's freezing cold, and the wind hasn't blown for a week. When the batteries go flat , and there is no heating, we'll be able to go out into the street and warm ourselves standing around a nice burning Tesla.

At least in the future, when it's freezing cold, and the wind hasn't blown for a week. When the batteries go flat , and there is no heating, we'll be able to go out into the street and warm ourselves standing around a nice burning Tesla.
Screenshot 2024-05-07 143859.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back