Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year the umpires let the game flow in finals and don't pay wishy-washy technical free kicks, and every year everyone asks why they don't umpire like that in the regular season. And the next year, without fail, the umpires pay enormous numbers of wishy-washy technical frees in the regular season. Absolutely shambollic.

That's how they keep their job (the wishy washy frees). The more they pay, the more it indicates to their coaches and their selection panel that they're "on the ball"... it irritates me too.

Enjoying the game and impressed with the braves so far, against my instincts.
They spread and handball so much better than us, it's extraordinarily noticeable.
Such a damning comment as well. We've become worse at both of those things over the last few years.

Having a snifter of port each time I hear the word brave and another for each mention of Dr Garry Zimmerman. Should have bought a cask.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting game. The Eagles looked like they were beginning to match the dogs with the contested ball and spread. They are a bit behind but I think they have the advantage of better tall targets and more healthy players. Wouldn't be surprised to see them win. They either need to slow the game down a little with some better disposal and decision making, or keep it high tempo and match it with the dogs and hope they can turn it into a shootout.

Caleb Daniel's helmet is not concussion related, his mummy just doesn't want him to get a boo boo. Not overly brave.

The MOST interesting aspect of the game though is the commentary. It is ******* shitful. I don't even know where to begin. No one is doing a credible job. Dennis is cooked, and even if he wasn't I don't think he could carry the other numpties anyway.

Horrid. We will be lucky enough to listen to Brian "boy oh boy wowee" Taylor, Richo and Lingy absolutely butcher the english language and call anything but the footy on saturday night. Gets a whole lot worse then Ol' Basil.

WTF are their feral fans booing at?!!

They're so accustomed to having everything go their own way. A front running team for a front running fanbase. Even Sch(m)itt's unable to turn the momentum for WC.................so far.

Still wish we took Caleb Daniel FFS. He was the absolute standout player throughout the U18 carnival in his year. His recruitment seemed a no-brainer to me at the time, despite the talk of him slipping due to his restricted height. I'm unable to hate him yet as he's yet to be Doggiestyled afaic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back