Other The Greatest of All Time Sportspeople

Remove this Banner Ad

God, I hate it when Schumacher is bought up as the GOAT in motor racing. Stat doesn't count in motorsport, like it does in other sports

Geez, I would have thought Babe Ruth might have stepped up to the plate before now!

F1: Juan Manuel Fangio
Rally: Sebastian Loeb
Moto GP: Valentino Rossi
Alain Prost. Juha Kankkunen/Markku Alen/Carlos Sainz. Wayne Rainey.

God, I hate it when Schumacher is bought up as the GOAT in motor racing. Stat doesn't count in motorsport, like it does in other sports

Alain Prost. Juha Kankkunen/Markku Alen/Carlos Sainz. Wayne Rainey.
Motorsport is a really funny one to try and judge a GOAT, at certain times there have been teams so dominant that really all you were doing is competing against a team mate everyone else was left for dead, you can actually have some amazingly skilled drivers but because they don't get an even playing field to compete on you will never really know.

I'm watching Anna Meares being interviewed by Bruce, she would have to be close the best female track cyclist in history. If she wins gold in Rio I don't think there will be any doubt.

Lauren Jackson. Best women's basketballer anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL: Mathews
Soccer: Pele
Cricket: Bradman
Tennis: Federer/Williams
Basketball: Jordan
NFL: Gretzky
Sprinting: Bolt
Boxing: Ray Robinson

Schumacher was beating an acknowledged champion in Senna fairly regularly when he was still with Benneton and Senna with arguably the best car. Senna still won more in that period, but Schumacher could beat him with an inferior vehicle.
Yes, by the time Schu got to Ferrari he probably did have the mechanical advantage, but he proved his worth before then, and was like few others once he had that advantage.

GOAT? I don't know, never followed the sport that closely, but he has to be considered among the very top echelon.

Schumacher was beating an acknowledged champion in Senna fairly regularly when he was still with Benneton and Senna with arguably the best car. Senna still won more in that period, but Schumacher could beat him with an inferior vehicle.
Yes, by the time Schu got to Ferrari he probably did have the mechanical advantage, but he proved his worth before then, and was like few others once he had that advantage.

GOAT? I don't know, never followed the sport that closely, but he has to be considered among the very top echelon.
It took Schumacher a few years before his Ferrari was up to scratch.

AFL: Mathews :heavycheck:
Soccer: Pele :heavycheck:
Cricket: Bradman :heavycheck:
Tennis: Federer/Williams :question:
Basketball: Jordan :heavycheck::heavycheck:
NHL: Gretzky :heavycheck:
Sprinting: Bolt
Boxing: Ray Robinson

How many Davis Cups did Switzerland win with Federer?

Bolt, I worry about the juice talk

Robinson? Maybe I think boxing is subjective. Marciano? But how many were ''fixed'' ? Dave Sands and Vic Toweel , I like Mike Tyson but he had meat bags for a lot of his career , vicious , mean and dangerous but not the best.

Pele helped Brazil to 3 World Cups that's why I would have him Number 1.

Jordan you only have to see how many titles Chicago won when he retired and how many when he came back.

Senna had an inferior car once Schuey started knocking him off. Williams dominated the previous year but the FIA banned their controversial electronic stability control that Nigel Mansell won the title in. Senna is the GOAT of F1 I reckon. If it rained Senna would win in a canter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back