Golf The Masters - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

How's the form of Dustin Johnson 13+, Brookes Koepka 6+, Jon Rahm 5+ and to a lesser extent Bubba Watson 10+, wow, the move to LIV has really been a success for them, really has improved their game. Like it or hate it, the fact that their game has stalled or even gone backwards was to be expected and now the only guy with a chance to win, Bryson looked so cooked at the end of the third round that it would be an amazing comeback if he were to win.

If Sheffler doesn't win I'll change my avatar to the winner for the week. Sheffler by 4 strokes

I like it! Scottie currently at $1,90 which is about even money head to head with the field. If Scottie wins my avatar will change to Jan Stephenson - in my younger days, my mates who were far better than me, labelled me “Jan” for my sweet high finish and complete lack of power through the ball. Very disrespectful to Jan who was an absolute player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like it! Scottie currently at $1,90 which is about even money head to head with the field. If Scottie wins my avatar will change to Jan Stephenson - in my younger days, my mates who were far better than me, labelled me “Jan” for my sweet high finish and complete lack of power through the ball. Very disrespectful to Jan who was an absolute player.

Ok, good luck Jan.

How's the form of Dustin Johnson 13+, Brookes Koepka 6+, Jon Rahm 5+ and to a lesser extent Bubba Watson 10+, wow, the move to LIV has really been a success for them, really has improved their game. Like it or hate it, the fact that their game has stalled or even gone backwards was to be expected and now the only guy with a chance to win, Bryson looked so cooked at the end of the third round that it would be an amazing comeback if he were to win.

So what is the explanation for Clarke, Hovland, Burns, Thomas, Spieth, Harman?
They just didn’t have their best two days right? lol

l
So what is the explanation for Clarke, Hovland, Burns, Thomas, Spieth, Harman?
They just didn’t have their best two days right? lol
Well for a start, Clarke has played well in only 3 tournaments so far this year winning in 3 rounds at Pebble Beach and runner up in 2 others, a little bit hit and miss with him. Next is Victor, ah yes the FED EX champion, one good finish so far this year, has pretty much done nothing so far but like all top players will probably turn it around at some point. Sam, started the year off really well, last couple of starts not so good, the potential is there, but maybe like in racehorses he has trained off for the moment.
Justin Thomas pretty much the same as Sam although being a 2 time major champion and when he is in form he rarely has a shocker but his last 2 starts looked to be going the same way as Sam. Watching Jordan, man he is so inconsistent these days, he's had 2 good finishes this year plus the Texas open {he usually plays well in Texas} but apart from that he's still trying to find his game. Brian Harman, 4 good finishes this year for the Open champ but lets remember he is not a consistent winner on tour, I mean he's won 3 times and one of those was the Open championship, again his last couple of starts for an accuracy player on this course seemed to me that he would struggle, I mean he's no Zack Johnson or Jim Furyk.

Why I mentioned the players I did was that 3 of those players just before leaving were some of the best players in the world not to mention they were all no1 at some stage for a period and rarely had a shocker, of coarse they had some missed cuts here and there, but when the majors came around they were the cream. Bubba you can give an exception too, while he's had some good finishes here and there over the last few years you have to go back to 2018 to where Bubba "cut loose" and won 3 times as well as finishing 5th in the Masters, so his form has been declining slowly for the last six years or so.

One last point is that the other 3 players all left the PGA tour at the top of their game, I mean Rahm is the current Masters champion, Dustin is well, Dustin, a fearsome major champion who is always a threat, 3 very good finishes in the majors in 2022 when he played only 11 times for the year proves this. Lastly Brookes, probably another exception if you really want to get into it, usually does nothing of note but when the majors come around that's all he cares about as he has stated many times and being a 5 time major champion again highlights this.

What I guess I'm saying in short is preparation is key no matter how good you are, I mean I did back Joaquin but that was on potential and even he is 3 over par and out of the contest , so I was wrong in backing an LIV player because I don't believe a player can win the Masters on that tour with the way they run their current system! Three great players and if they were on the PGA tour would no doubt all would be in the favourites bracket and playing against their peers and up and coming stars would harden there game up but alas as has been pointed out many times, no incentive, 3 round tournaments with no cut no pressure from young stars and rivals ,so on and so on, their game has stalled, do you think it is a coincidence that three of the best players in the world before they left not only miss the cut, but by a fair way! All three. Bryson can change that as he's still a chance so we will see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:

Strange comment. Look at the form of Woodland +13, Zack Johnson +7, Spieth +9

Their game has really stalled on the PGA Tour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back