Golf The Masters - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Tee to green, Scheffler is unstoppable. In the midst of a historic run currently. Laser straight drives and pin high approaches constantly. It's just relentless. That draws me into watching him. I understand he's not everyones cup of tea. Really entertaining golfers that appeal to the masses beyond golf like Tiger, Phil, Daly, Payne etc are very, very rare .

Aberg is certainly the next big thing. Has the complete game. Long, exceptional irons and can putt. Likeable guy with an unflappable demeanour. Even after his double bogey on 11, he walked off the green smiling with his caddie.
I reckon the Next Big Villain might be Jason Day's Pants.

As much as he was once my hero, wearing golf shoes to watch golf is not cool. That Instagram post is even uncooler.

Will he turn up at Valhalla next month to support his team?

He can do whatever he wants, the only people bothered by him are the PGA tour and their corrupt media department. For an organization that seems hell bent on doing a deal with the PIF they sure as hell don't do themselves any favours trying to character assassinate Norman. No one is closer to Yassir in the golf world than Norman so I am not sure why they try to keep cracking him yet then say we want to deal with you? Anyway The fans seemed to enjoy the Shark walking around with them by the looks of it.

He can do whatever he wants, the only people bothered by him are the PGA tour and their corrupt media department. For an organization that seems hell bent on doing a deal with the PIF they sure as hell don't do themselves any favours trying to character assassinate Norman. No one is closer to Yassir in the golf world than Norman so I am not sure why they try to keep cracking him yet then say we want to deal with you? Anyway The fans seemed to enjoy the Shark walking around with them by the looks of it.
No need to bite at everything Norman. I am laughing at his laughable instagram post. The one that he posted. He is cracking himself.

As for being close with Yasir, well, they didn't seem that tight on June 6.

No need to bite at everything Norman. I am laughing at his laughable instagram post. The one that he posted. He is cracking himself.

As for being close with Yasir, well, they didn't seem that tight on June 6.

Correct and if true Norman knew nothing of the proposed merger. But I am not sure Norman Knew nothing of it. Guess we will never know.

What do you think re the merger? Do you think it will happen? What do you believe is the stumbling block why they just have not been able to do it?

Strange comment. Look at the form of Woodland +13, Zack Johnson +7, Spieth +9

Their game has really stalled on the PGA Tour
"Their game has really stalled on the PGA tour", "strange comment". Not so strange really when you think about it, lets analyse it. Gary a former US open champion, not to long ago had major health issues, brain surgery and is lucky to be even playing golf again {which is great} so him missing the cut at Augusta National is not so surprising. Zack a great short game player has not tasted success for over 9 years, his last victory being the Open championship in 2015, he's more involved in Ryder cup these days. Jordan I've already posted on, not long ago. My initial comments were to the three champion players who left and why they performed so badly, yes lots of other players missed the cut but the PGA tour being the main tour with the best players has the competitiveness that LIV at the moment does not have.

Correct and if true Norman knew nothing of the proposed merger. But I am not sure Norman Knew nothing of it. Guess we will never know.

What do you think re the merger? Do you think it will happen? What do you believe is the stumbling block why they just have not been able to do it?

If the scuttlebutt is to be believed, the main stumbling block is the bloc of US Tour players who are balking at global travel?

Whatever happens to the merger, Greg mooching around amongst the patrons seems to be a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

And he wore golf shoes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Their game has really stalled on the PGA tour", "strange comment". Not so strange really when you think about it, lets analyse it. Gary a former US open champion, not to long ago had major health issues, brain surgery and is lucky to be even playing golf again {which is great} so him missing the cut at Augusta National is not so surprising. Zack a great short game player has not tasted success for over 9 years, his last victory being the Open championship in 2015, he's more involved in Ryder cup these days. Jordan I've already posted on, not long ago. My initial comments were to the three champion players who left and why they performed so badly, yes lots of other players missed the cut but the PGA tour being the main tour with the best players has the competitiveness that LIV at the moment does not have.
You are taking data from a sample size of one edition of the Masters. Go back a few Majors or even to last year's masters(Koepka, Phil & Reed) and you will see it is clearly possible for LIV players to win Majors.

So when you hear the LIV player say that the LIV events are a super strong competition and it's hard to win there that they are lying?
Rahm and Hatton came straight from the PGA tour and they have not been able to win yet?
Must be pretty solid comp?

If the scuttlebutt is to be believed, the main stumbling block is the bloc of US Tour players who are balking at global travel?

Whatever happens to the merger, Greg mooching around amongst the patrons seems to be a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

And he wore golf shoes.

he seems pretty relevant with the LIV guys. what shoes does he wear at LIV events? Pretty important info. lol

Justin Thomas pretty much the same as Sam although being a 2 time major champion and when he is in form he rarely has a shocker but his last 2 starts looked to be going the same way as Sam. Watching Jordan, man he is so inconsistent these days, he's had 2 good finishes this year plus the Texas open {he usually plays well in Texas} but apart from that he's still trying to find his game. Brian Harman, 4 good finishes this year for the Open champ but lets remember he is not a consistent winner on tour, I mean he's won 3 times and one of those was the Open championship, again his last couple of starts for an accuracy player on this course seemed to me that he would struggle, I mean he's no Zack Johnson or Jim Furyk.

Why I mentioned the players I did was that 3 of those players just before leaving were some of the best players in the world not to mention they were all no1 at some stage for a period and rarely had a shocker, of coarse they had some missed cuts here and there, but when the majors came around they were the cream. Bubba you can give an exception too, while he's had some good finishes here and there over the last few years you have to go back to 2018 to where Bubba "cut loose" and won 3 times as well as finishing 5th in the Masters, so his form has been declining slowly for the last six years or so.

One last point is that the other 3 players all left the PGA tour at the top of their game, I mean Rahm is the current Masters champion, Dustin is well, Dustin, a fearsome major champion who is always a threat, 3 very good finishes in the majors in 2022 when he played only 11 times for the year proves this. Lastly Brookes, probably another exception if you really want to get into it, usually does nothing of note but when the majors come around that's all he cares about as he has stated many times and being a 5 time major champion again highlights this.

What I guess I'm saying in short is preparation is key no matter how good you are, I mean I did back Joaquin but that was on potential and even he is 3 over par and out of the contest , so I was wrong in backing an LIV player because I don't believe a player can win the Masters on that tour with the way they run their current system! Three great players and if they were on the PGA tour would no doubt all would be in the favourites bracket and playing against their peers and up and coming stars would harden there game up but alas as has been pointed out many times, no incentive, 3 round tournaments with no cut no pressure from young stars and rivals ,so on and so on, their game has stalled, do you think it is a coincidence that three of the best players in the world before they left not only miss the cut, but by a fair way! All three. Bryson can change that as he's still a chance so we will see what happens tomorrow.
Argument might hold a little water except Brookes tips it upside down. He has improved on his recent results since joining LIV, won a major and 4th in the Masters last year as well as Ryder cup team. The evidence suggests 3 day tournaments make no difference to the best in the world which makes sense also.

he seems pretty relevant with the LIV guys. what shoes does he wear at LIV events? Pretty important info. lol
Spectators wearing golf shoes has always been the mark of a nuffy. Surprised that Three Leg Greg went for the look.

Hope he shows up at Valhalla. Although given the PGA owns the course he might once again have to once again go to the secondary market.

Nah. The guy is a robot. Makes a birdie and can't even crack a smile.

Golf needs heroes and villains, not robots. The occasion is what makes this event compelling TV viewing. Outside of the Masters, golf on TV is very, very boring.
Yes there is some truth in what you say, golf does need heroes and villains and I wouldn't say all the tournaments are boring. I think with Scotty he has that "killer instinct" deep inside so you know what I don't mind it, some of the best have it, but all players are different and some show emotions and others do not.

Spectators wearing golf shoes has always been the mark of a nuffy. Surprised that Three Leg Greg went for the look.

Hope he shows up at Valhalla. Although given the PGA owns the course he might once again have to once again go to the secondary market.

Must say I have not noticed it, just went and saw IG post. Don't generally look at peoples shoes though.

So when you hear the LIV player say that the LIV events are a super strong competition and it's hard to win there that they are lying?
Rahm and Hatton came straight from the PGA tour and they have not been able to win yet?
Must be pretty solid comp?
Well I see it this way, look at the players winning on the LIV tour, seriously, Rahm, Koepka and Dustin should be creaming those guys or at least have a lot more victories than what they have at the present time. I wouldn't say the players are lying, just promoting their tour which is quite logical to do, I mean what are they going to say, "yeah nah the tournaments over here are average, 3 rounds with no cut and no incentive because we're getting payed lots of money, and apart from a select bunch of stars, we're playing against bums who haven't exactly set the world on fire and as for the music, don't even get me started on that but I guess its like a rock star concert and its something different so it is what it is, and winning? Yeah if I win I win who cares, its no big deal, so I'm not too worried about it"! As for Rahm and Hatton not winning yet, my point exactly, the top players have stalled for these very reasons.

Well I see it this way, look at the players winning on the LIV tour, seriously, Rahm, Koepka and Dustin should be creaming those guys or at least have a lot more victories than what they have at the present time. I wouldn't say the players are lying, just promoting their tour which is quite logical to do, I mean what are they going to say, "yeah nah the tournaments over here are average, 3 rounds with no cut and no incentive because we're getting payed lots of money, and apart from a select bunch of stars, we're playing against bums who haven't exactly set the world on fire and as for the music, don't even get me started on that but I guess its like a rock star concert and its something different so it is what it is, and winning? Yeah if I win I win who cares, its no big deal, so I'm not too worried about it"! As for Rahm and Hatton not winning yet, my point exactly, the top players have stalled for these very reasons.

Whats with this no incentive to win rubbish? All the top PGA tour players don't have any more incentive. they all get paid huge money by sponsors before they hit a ball each year. None of them are under any pressure to have to win to survive.

The game has gone insane with money, first LIV and now the PGA tour trying to match LIV purses. And not many Bums playing Pro golf.
What is the big deal winning at Riviara or winning the Liv event in adelaide? Both big prize money and outside that nothing more to it.

The players that play are trying to win no matter what tour, the PGA tour player is not trying any harder.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

You are taking data from a sample size of one edition of the Masters. Go back a few Majors or even to last year's masters(Koepka, Phil & Reed) and you will see it is clearly possible for LIV players to win Majors.
Yes sidey, your quite right and it is possible that a player from LIV can win a major and yes Brookes had a chance last year when he had the Masters at his mercy, but he didn't win, I guess time is the only real answer so we have 3 majors left, be interesting to see what happens in those and if a player from LIV can win one. I think mostly everyone would agree that its a bit of a mess at the moment, no matter what way you look at it, I would personally like to see a global organization with all the best players, world ranking points etc, etc. For this to happen, a lot of talks and agreements have to be put in place and that's not even including tournament6 venues and sponsors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back