Golf The Masters - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes sidey, your quite right and it is possible that a player from LIV can win a major and yes Brookes had a chance last year when he had the Masters at his mercy, but he didn't win, I guess time is the only real answer so we have 3 majors left, be interesting to see what happens in those and if a player from LIV can win one. I think mostly everyone would agree that its a bit of a mess at the moment, no matter what way you look at it, I would personally like to see a global organization with all the best players, world ranking points etc, etc. For this to happen, a lot of talks and agreements have to be put in place and that's not even including tournament6 venues and sponsors.
Best LIV results this week - T6, T6 and T9. Hatton just registered his best performance in a major since 2019, so no, his career hasn't stalled.

Blanket statements like LIV players can't win majors are just plain wrong.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF
post of the day, couldn't help laughing, ha ha ha!

Best LIV results this week - T6, T6 and T9. Hatton just registered his best performance in a major since 2019, so no, his career hasn't stalled.

Fair comment, I guess we'll see.

Argument might hold a little water except Brookes tips it upside down. He has improved on his recent results since joining LIV, won a major and 4th in the Masters last year as well as Ryder cup team. The evidence suggests 3 day tournaments make no difference to the best in the world which makes sense also.
T2 last year at the Masters. Brookes is a phenom and it looks like he has just maintained his trajectory.

Remove his injured 2022 when he could barely get low enough to read his putts and he has registered 14 Top 10s in the last 23 majors, including 5 wins. I don't think he gets enough credit.

Yes sidey, your quite right and it is possible that a player from LIV can win a major and yes Brookes had a chance last year when he had the Masters at his mercy, but he didn't win, I guess time is the only real answer so we have 3 majors left, be interesting to see what happens in those and if a player from LIV can win one. I think mostly everyone would agree that its a bit of a mess at the moment, no matter what way you look at it, I would personally like to see a global organization with all the best players, world ranking points etc, etc. For this to happen, a lot of talks and agreements have to be put in place and that's not even including tournament6 venues and sponsors.

Thats where the problem lies I think.
The PGA tour want everything to just be as it was. The PGA tour the main tour and basically an American tour.
PIF I think want to see a global tour and while that will include many PGA tour events and may even be run by the PGA tour still many events will be outside of America.

I see this as the main obstacle as to why the two cannot seem to agree to move forward all together.

Argument might hold a little water except Brookes tips it upside down. He has improved on his recent results since joining LIV, won a major and 4th in the Masters last year as well as Ryder cup team. The evidence suggests 3 day tournaments make no difference to the best in the world which makes sense also.
What sidey said Gone Critical is pretty much spot on, he's the UNDERTAKER {phenom} in golf, yes on the PGA tour he would play average then up the ante in the big ones but you are so right, now he's playing better and finished at what 9 over par at the Masters where he has had some great finishes, which for a player of his ilk is so surprising, it leads me to think like in a racehorse guide and your looking up a horses form, is it possible with Brookes, at the moment, say that instead of running 2nd at a average handicap race at Flemington {LIV tour} the better form would be a 4th in a strong weight for age race at Caulfield {PGA tour}? It does pose an interesting theory, of which can't be answered for a few years yet.

I guess stalling is a bit strong of a word that I have used but people only remember winners, if you asked who ran third in the 2018 Melbourne cup a lot of people wouldn't have a clue, same as who finished third at the 2017 Masters, no one cares, unless there was a sudden collapse and a player had the tournament in his grasp only then to lose it.

The LIV tour didn't buy s**t golfers. Most of them are brilliant players.
They're just hard to assess when they play majors as they have no relevant exposed form. Play on different courses in a team format

If the scuttlebutt is to be believed, the main stumbling block is the bloc of US Tour players who are balking at global travel?

Whatever happens to the merger, Greg mooching around amongst the patrons seems to be a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

And he wore golf shoes.
Pretty simple then...tell them they're playing Korn Ferry for rest of their careers.
Entitled pricks are selfish.

The LIV tour didn't buy s**t golfers. Most of them are brilliant players.
They're just hard to assess when they play majors as they have no relevant exposed form. Play on different courses in a team format
Does that include all the brilliant players that have not had their contracts renewed and been sacked from that tour? Interesting that all these brilliant players that the tour have let go {sacked} has been quietly pushed under the rug and we only hear about the stars, why do you think that is the case? After being let go, what tour can they now play on? I guess they won't have any problem if their that good but it goes back to why were they let go and tossed out on the trash, so to speak. Before anyone asks who these brilliant players are I suggest google them, I'm sure there are a few of them.

Does that include all the brilliant players that have not had their contracts renewed and been sacked from that tour? Interesting that all these brilliant players that the tour have let go {sacked} has been quietly pushed under the rug and we only hear about the stars, why do you think that is the case? After being let go, what tour can they now play on? I guess they won't have any problem if their that good but it goes back to why were they let go and tossed out on the trash, so to speak. Before anyone asks who these brilliant players are I suggest google them, I'm sure there are a few of them.

They can pretty much go to any tour to play on. Jediah Morgan missed his way into the 2024 LIV season and he now plays on the Australian and Asian tour and some DP world tour events.
There is always a place to play.
What happens when you lose your PGA tour card? You go play elsewhere to try and win it back. They were not tossed out on the trash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can pretty much go to any tour to play on. Jediah Morgan missed his way into the 2024 LIV season and he now plays on the Australian and Asian tour and some DP world tour events.
There is always a place to play.
What happens when you lose your PGA tour card? You go play elsewhere to try and win it back. They were not tossed out on the trash.
Good response greatwhiteshark!

I think a few things need to change. World tour is a must. The reason the European tour is a better product to watch is they play in different countries at differently setup golf courses. PGA Tour set everything up the same most weeks.

If they don't go down the world tour pathway then the PGA Tour should adopt the 3 round approach that LIV do. Its so hard to make it on the PGA tour, so if you do you get paid week in week out for showing up and playing. No cuts, just disperse the $$ more. Then when it comes to majors its 4 rounds with cut. More pressure and similar to what they do in tennis with the 5 sets in majors. You could maybe do 4 rounds for there signature events like the players etc.

If they go to a world tour then increase the majors to 6 (ladies currently have 5). 3 are currently in the US. Its a global game. Bring back the prestige of the yellow jacket here and also a Major in Asia is a must.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back