The Bigfooty FC Barcelona Thread - Champions of Spain

Remove this Banner Ad

In the long run Fabregas would be an excellent addition, no doubt about that. The timing may be an issue.

IF he comes, and Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago and Fabregas are fit all season, there'll be trouble.

But Thiago's only just starting to show his ability in the 1st team - he won't be the one who'll make the difference against Real and Chelsea in April.

Xavi played 57 games last season. That'll soon be too much for him and I'm sure he won't mind getting more rest with the Euro coming up at the end of the season.

Iniesta's injury prone and we have already missed him in the past on important moments in the season.

Then there's Messi who hasn't been injured in a while, but in his absence I can see Fabregas playing in his position.

So basically, he'd be a great addition (obviously) but he's no priority. In fact, if nobody gets injured we don't need him at all. That's why we can offer Arsenal these shitty amounts for him. We've got everything on our side: he wants to come (he'll even take a pay cut), he only wants to come to us (so no bidding from other clubs to raise the price), he must be getting really nervous (and impatient, and jealous) seeing his buddies win trophy after trophy and be part of the best Barcelona team in the club's history, and we're not desparate to get him. Arsenal's got the final say, but every year it'll get harder and harder for them to motivate him.

Ouch :D

[youtube]cRTWJJtfqgI[/youtube]

Check out their first 2 goals :thumbsu: Both scored by Fabian.

#13 Jose Manuel Pinto -- #22 Éric Abidal (61’ #26 Marc Muniesa), #24 Andreu Fontas (33’ #12 Sergio Gomez) (61’ #23 Armando Lozano), #3 Gerard Piqué (46’ #16 Sergio Busquets), #18 Jonathan dos Santos -- #15 Seydou Keita (82’ #2 Ivan Balliu), #4 Thiago Alcántara (61’ #14 Marti Riverola), #6 Xavi Hernández (capt.) (46’ #8 Andres Iniesta) -- #7 David Villa (46’ #17 Pedro Rodriguez), #27 Carlos Carmona (61’ #28 Javier Espinosa), #29 Isaac Cuenca (61’ #30 Gerard Deulofue) Subs Not Used: #1 Victor Valdés, #25 Jordi Masip, #21 Adriano

How friggin insane was Messi last night against Viktoria Plzen. That dribble on the right hand touchline where he cut inside one flicked the ball above another oncoming slide tackler,slips past another, beats the keeper only to find the right hand post was unbelievable even by his standards. He could have had a half-dozen tonight if not for some iffy finishing.

Cant believe I am only saying this as a footnote but that Inietsta goal where he and Messi beat about half of Plzen was orgasmic. 77% possession with 93% accuracy .. faarrk me you couldn't even rack up that on PS3 on easy mode.

How friggin insane was Messi last night against Viktoria Plzen. That dribble on the right hand touchline where he cut inside one flicked the ball above another oncoming slide tackler,slips past another, beats the keeper only to find the right hand post was unbelievable even by his standards. He could have had a half-dozen tonight if not for some iffy finishing.

Cant believe I am only saying this as a footnote but that Inietsta goal where he and Messi beat about half of Plzen was orgasmic. 77% possession with 93% accuracy .. faarrk me you couldn't even rack up that on PS3 on easy mode.

Yeah that was ridiculous. I was watching the replay and was in shock when I saw. The guy is ridiculous.

Looks like Mourinho is getting the better of Barca. Could the special one climb the mountain with Real Madrid this season doing the near impossible and winning the title?
Only Mourinho could do that with a vastly inferior team. Making scrubbers play like legends.

7 out of 9 victories against Madrid suggests otherwise. The "Special One" isn't so special any more. Mourinho will also be on unemployment benefits soon if he does not win one of La Liga or Champions League. Which I can't see happening, with the amount of show ponies and w***ers in the circus that Real Madrid FC is.

Where all the Barca fans this season? It seems like their activity suddenly dropped, I remember it was busy last season but now I'm bumping a 4 months old thread

Whites have chance to earn 10 point cusion over runners up tonight. Barcas little blip is over it seems

[youtube]CfFbbjAp3_Q[/youtube]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to post videos like that, then start a Real thread of your own, and don't do it here.

Update on the last day of January 2018 with good news:
Deulofeu hast just moved to Watford FC at a loan contract.
Gerard Piqué made official his contract extension at FC Barcelona until 2022.

Woah pretty quiet thread for the greatest team eva

Loved Arthur's game yesterday. What a gem he is!

"life contract" signed by Iniesta.
We're pretty fortunate considering how depressing Barcelona (city) is right now for a non-catalan.
So much for the life contract but I'll never begrudge him for leaving. Been my favourite player.

Barca missing that crash n bang box to box midfielder that Paulinho played. Vidal was a wasted signing.

Dembele I'm keen to keep giving opportunities to. Barca need wide players running at the defence to stretch the opposition. Problem is every time he looks to do that and beats his opponent, he looks up and there's no one there to pass or cross it to. Synergies will come with him though.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back