Preview Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 4 May, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St-Kilda-vs-North-Melbourne.png

Danger game for us. But hopefully some reinforcements will be starting to return after a strong showing at Sandy this weekend. Higgins likely to be out due to an absolute joke of a suspension, so we will be light on for small forwards - opportunity for Collard to sneak back in, or bring in an extra mid to rotate through.

Hopefully we can see King return, but have to be nervous about Marshall - would rather give him a rest than risk anything with him, if he's not 100%.

Wouldn't be surprised to see any of Hayes, Dow, Jones, or Schoenmaker get a run.

Last edited:

North's defence is hopeless, even our hopeless forwards should be able to kick more than 10 goals against them.

Max King should kick 10 goals against them by himself if he can kick straight but that's probably too much to ask.

Have to appeal the Higgins ban. That was not comparable to any slam/sling tackle that has deserved suspension because Aliir tried to kick the ball at bloody shoulder height which is responsible for most of the rotation and force of his head hitting the ground. Maybe you could argue that it needs to be one week purely based on outcome and duty of care but 3 is ridiculous. With that said, out track record indicates Higgo is SOOL.

I know it won't happen but this would be how I pick the team vs North

Out: Higgins (susp), Marshall (managed), Howard, Caminiti, Bonner, Byrnes, Pou
In: Collard, Campbell, Hayes, King, Webster, Dow, Schoenmaker

B: Webster, Cordy, Wilkie
HB: Sinclair, Battle, NWM
C: Hill, Steele, Wilson
HF: Garcia, Hayes, Owens
F: Collard, King, Membrey

Foll: Campbell, Dow, Windhager
Int: Ross, Schoenmaker, Sharman, Stocker
Sub: Hastie

In: King, Dow, Webster, Campbell
Out: Marshall, Higgins, Sharman, Cordy

Sub: Dow

Expect a couple to be on notice this game for their positions (e.g., Ross, Membrey, Garcia, Phillipou and Stocker) given Hayes, Schoey and Collard waiting in the wings.

Hopefully Wood isn’t too far off.

I'm ECO at this stage, but would like to see Marshall rested, and see what Hayes brings to the team along with Campbell. Would like to see Steele get a break too, but I don't think Dow is ready yet, and could do with an extra game with Sandy. I'd keep Caminiti in, because he at least shows up and wants to play. Membrey's been useless for a few weeks, even with his 3 goals against the dogs. Give him a spell, either a week off or with Sandy...I don't care. Keep Sharman in the forward line and see how he goes. If he bombs, then he can go with Sandy the next week. If King returns then he can roam the field. Just keep him away from goals, and he'll be more likely to kick goals. Think he's just one of those guys that if he's kept occupied doing things, and is involved, he plays better. Gives him less time to think and sulk like a fat lipped 3 year old.
Thinking we'll win...but meh 🤷🏼‍♂️

first game i will attend for 25 years,will ensure that the last game i ever see is not a collingwood win,one way or another,but hope for a saints win and to see the debut of paddy dow,maybe schoenmaker and kings return,collard a chance to get a start

i see some people have got cordy out,i thought he did ok friday night,others have jones in,i think a line should be put through him now,see out the season at sandy and thanks for your efforts once their season is over,maybe a farewell game if we are out of finals round 24,he has had a good chance in these first 7 rounds with a host of mids out injured & he has proven he is not up to the level once and for all,i dont want to see him saturday early evening

out-marshall higgins sharman
in-campbell dow king

give hastie a proper game start against this mob & if jack hayes is right to go bring him in for caminiti and make him sub,cordy 2nd ruck,no beast like dixon up forward for north so let dougs handle things down back,give garcia a crack at small forward with dow coming in,rather than dropping him after one ordinary game and 2 very good ones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose this, I am going to buy a ticket to Australia’s most remote airport. Upon landing I shall walk barefoot without food or water as far into the outback as I can go. I don’t want to be rescued or even found. Just remember this of me: a small piece of the red centre shall forever be England; a pommy causality of your club. It’s all your fault.

Last edited:
I think Lyon needs to wheel out a more attacking game plan, as Clarkson will have watched the PA and Dogs games to see how the quick switch across the ground, brings our defensive game undone.
Watching the Sandy game yesterday, I think some fans have starry eyes for Hayes and Collard- Hayed did well for a VFL game but looks a little off senior level pace to me, and Collard did nothing to be considered for a senior game- Hastie is more deserving. Arie could be worth a try against North

Hopefully we see a large amount of changes this week.

In - King, Hayes, Webster, Wood, Dow

Out - Sharman, Caminiti, Higgins, Hastie, Cordy/Howard

King and Wood are obvious selections if they are medically cleared. Hayes performance was too good to ignore. Webster comes in to give is someone defensively minded down back with Sinclair moving to the midfield to add more support there. Unsure if Dow will be considered right to go but if he is, just get him in. Backing in Marshall to be fine after the 8 day break.

One of Garcia or Brynes to play as a pressure fwd, the other to be the sub.

We need to immediately kill their hope from Q1.

If we have a poor start again we'll be pushing s**t up hill all game

Edit - as if this is our 3rd home game, with only 1 more until June 8th. The desire to go and watch us is just not there despite limited upcoming opportunities

I'm ECO at this stage, but would like to see Marshall rested, and see what Hayes brings to the team along with Campbell. Would like to see Steele get a break too, but I don't think Dow is ready yet, and could do with an extra game with Sandy. I'd keep Caminiti in, because he at least shows up and wants to play. Membrey's been useless for a few weeks, even with his 3 goals against the dogs. Give him a spell, either a week off or with Sandy...I don't care. Keep Sharman in the forward line and see how he goes. If he bombs, then he can go with Sandy the next week. If King returns then he can roam the field. Just keep him away from goals, and he'll be more likely to kick goals. Think he's just one of those guys that if he's kept occupied doing things, and is involved, he plays better. Gives him less time to think and sulk like a fat lipped 3 year old.
Thinking we'll win...but meh 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah, Dow was very ordinary to me. Looked very rusty. Jones looked like he deserved and run and Hayes looks exactly what we are missing. Schoenmaker is the only other one that could potentially come in but probably plays the role Battle is in.

I didn't see the second half of the VFL yesterday but didn't see much from Collard apart from finishing off a kick that someone else set up in the first half. We are down 2 small forwards. Maybe give Garcia one and then who?

We need to immediately kill their hope from Q1.

If we have a poor start again we'll be pushing s**t up hill all game

Edit - as if this is our 3rd home game, with only 1 more until June 8th. The desire to go and watch us is just not there despite limited upcoming opportunities

It's a weird season you usually get into the habit of going to matches. It feels like the season hasn't actually started and it's still preseason. I'm not going too go to see us play North. Win and it's just an expectation but lose with a very beat-up and ordinary side would be hard to stomach.

If we lose this, I am going to buy a ticket to Australia’s most remote airport. Upon landing I shall walk barefoot without food or water as far into the outback as I can go. I don’t want to be rescued or even found. Just remember this of me: a small piece of the red centre shall forever be England; a pommy causality of your club. It’s all your fault.
Give me a text. I’ll pick you up at the aerodrome.

With the way we are travelling, Higgins is a massive loss.

Essentially, because of our inability to win games we've been in, the pressure is now on to win the next three games.

We should get some players back and I'm confident we can get it done against North. The following two weeks look tough though, so we need to start finding some form here.

In: King, Wood, Hayes, Dow, Webster
Out: Caminiti, Hastie, Higgins, Stocker, Sharman

another interesting week

Marshall v Xerri - Xerri went at Marshall's body in the prac game, might see Hayes/Campbell in if he doesn't get up, Hayes was very good today, and could well play if King doesn't get up.
Dow, badly needed to support Steele.

who knows who comes in for Higgins, maybe run Hastie/Garcia through the small fwd spot?, Collard possiblye but he's so small still
Webster back for Simpkin....:straining: missed him badly
do we need both Cordy and Dougal, don't understand how Dougal has become a worse footballer since arriving

Is King Camaniti and Hayes to tall up front?

Sit Owens in front of Fyfe tapes and say "just do that"
Yeah, l was thinking about the comment that he gets lost in the midfield but came to the conclusion that he just need to be instructed to get the ******* ball and run through any kents that get in his way. I don't think he fully understands how effing big he actually is and tbh if there were opportunity a run in the 2's midfield wouldn't be the worst thing. That said, he's still just a young pup on 37 games and been thrown around a fair bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back