Prediction Round 7, 2024: Changes vs Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link between resting him and contract negotiation chat this week?

Hmmmmmmmm......

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unless you’ve got shares in tin foil, no

There’s no link and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous

An alternative argument could be - stop the momentum and you’ll be back to square #1 again.

Don’t like the practice of pulling star players for games you think you are either certain to win or certain to lose.

Our team is not currently certain to win any game so by resting Harley it’s conceding a likely loss.

GC and Qld AFL supporters were interested in seeing Harley - some have joined this discussion and said so.
Cosseting Harley is not giving a **** about the competition in a wider sense and may backfire anyway.

There may be a good reason for resting him at this point in the season. ATM we are only guessing about this.

But ‘trying to be too smart and overthink things is one of the reasons the club is in the mess it is in.’

The ‘mess’ that Harley is in no small part trying to pull us out of.

The value of decisions and strategies are proven by results. What happens will either prove or disprove the wisdom or otherwise of this course of action. It shouldn’t take too long to know.
Maybe they learned from last year when they overplayed ginbey and have actually learned from it?
It's his first year and we have no idea how his body is.
Simmo gave us the heads up at the beginning of the season that they will manage his first season.
We're you not listening?

I wonder if they are having a good laugh about it at the club.
Harl's I hear your not playing this week,
Wait what? Where you hear that?
Tom Morris Tweeted it.
Hey Simmo! Tom Morris said I'm not playing this week.
Oh well, must be true then. Haaaahaaaa. WAD.

If he’s out I’m pissed! I wanna see him play!
If he’s rested I understand completely
We want a 12 year player not an 18year old with a target on his back.
We need to develop a team not completely reliant on one player
I’d look to rest Yo soon as he is more important to the team and Reid’s development than anybody else.
I said at the start that we were a small finals chance but there’s no point in scraping in on the back of a battered and bruised team too reliant on too few
To win a GF I’ve always said you need a minimum three superstars. We’ve got OA,Ryan,Reid,Yo and probably Gov.
Aging? Yes in some cases but if we are smart enough,quick enough and confident enough we could rise very very fast.Getting a fit Flynn back and keeping him back would be a massive step in the right direction.

I’m okay now with Reid being out. May not be an exciting game to watch on Sunday but with Barrass also out it’s a good time to rest players. It’s a long trip too. Would’ve liked the 3 wins in a row but anything can happen!

At least Harry Edwards has a chance to show if hes any good, if he can keep Ben King quiet he might be able to take Jamos spot more permanently. Hes not as athletically gifted but should have some defensive craft

At least Harry Edwards has a chance to show if hes any good, if he can keep Ben King quiet he might be able to take Jamos spot more permanently. Hes not as athletically gifted but should have some defensive craft
I always thought HEDW had the goods to be elite. My biggest knock on him was lack of aggression.Somebody would mark in front of him, and instead of crashing into the body he would go clean at the ball.Afterwards he dropped his chin on his chest and looked as if he wanted mummy to have a cry on.
He’s had two suspensions in WAFL now for rough play so let’s hope the penny has dropped.
In theory he should be one of our defensive pillars going forward.

I always thought HEDW had the goods to be elite. My biggest knock on him was lack of aggression.Somebody would mark in front of him, and instead of crashing into the body he would go clean at the ball.Afterwards he dropped his chin on his chest and looked as if he wanted mummy to have a cry on.
He’s had two suspensions in WAFL now for rough play so let’s hope the penny has dropped.
HEds injuries have not helped him but it looks like Jamo might be ahead of him in the MCs eyes.
For that reason he has to take any/every chance given he’s out of contract at season’s end.

Issue with HEdwards for mine is pace more than anything - I'd back him more than Jamo in wrestling a Hawkins type and at WAFL level the key forwards tend to have more traditional athletic profiles so he's able to beat them probably more than Jamo would with size and smarts.

But at AFL level most sides have a King, Ugle-Hagan, Daniher, Curnow ultra-mobile freak with swervability and still a KPF size. HEdwards just gets burnt on the lead too many times for my liking, those players know if they get a metre of space on him he's done. And I think for either of him or Jamo to make it they'll need to be able to play on those players, since they're not play-reading experts or good distributors like Gov who can afford to beat up on the less freakish 2nd tall.

In that respect Jamo was really impressive early this year IMO - made it to contests where he looked completely out of it at first and generally seemed to give his forward a hard time. Made some dumb goofs on offence but I can see those ironing out with experience - pace may be something Harry can't overcome at AFL level. Moot point anyway for this week with Jamo injured and am keen to see HEdwards dip his toes in the water but suspect King will burn him if there's space in front of them

barras out
In flyan,
Play rotham on Walter,
Not saying I want this to happen but something I’ve been thinking since mc don’t rate hedwards and jamo is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back