Game Day Round 6 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 20/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d surely be finished with Treloar by year’s end at the latest? One of the outcomes of that messy negotiation was that the Dogs agreed to let us front load some of our $1.5m total obligation.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That rumour alongside other rumours of back ended contracts never made much sense to me.

Forward line did fairly without McStay last year, despite some perpetuated myth on here.

And it's not when but if Murphy returns.

You and a couple of others laughably suggesting moving either Howe or Moore up forward right now so my point still stands.

But that's what most have said

With Frampton killing it as an actual proper defender, IF Murphy returns, it could provide an opportunity to throw one of Howe or Moore forward.

Jezza was playing spare man in defence. Someone else could do that - Bruzzy would kill it.
It's not out of the question but to date Bruzzy hasn't shown anything to suggest he can do that and he's also needed to play on opposition's best dangerous medium size forwards.

I totally understand why people trying to come up with leftfield solutions to fix our KPF woes but in reality our cupboard is bare until we get McStay back.

It's not out of the question but to date Bruzzy hasn't shown anything to suggest he can do that and he's also needed to play on opposition's best dangerous medium size forwards.

I totally understand why people trying to come up with leftfield solutions to fix our KPF woes but in reality our cupboard is bare until we get McStay back.
I tend to agree. Although I do think Howe is moveable. But it just gives us more of the same up forward anyway. If Murphy was back or Dean was good enough, it'd be an option if you only played one ruck and used Moore or Billy to chop out. Not a particularly good option though.

But that's what most have said

With Frampton killing it as an actual proper defender, IF Murphy returns, it could provide an opportunity to throw one of Howe or Moore forward.
Like I said a couple of posts above, if and when Murphy returns we can have this convo right now it's simply ludicrous.

5 years wasn't it?

Yeah just looked it up and yeah, 5 years holy sh*t

So it's next year it finishes, good lord what a disaster. The fact that Grundy is gone makes it look so much worse lol. So we effectively lost Treloar and Stephenson and screwed our salary cap for years for nothing

Yeah just looked it up and yeah, 5 years holy sh*t

So it's next year it finishes, good lord what a disaster. The fact that Grundy is gone makes it look so much worse lol. So we effectively lost Treloar and Stephenson and screwed our salary cap for years for nothing
Not really a disaster. They made it work. The money saved by moving Treloar enabled us to top up last year and win a flag.

That fire sale worked.

Not really a disaster. They made it work. The money saved by moving Treloar enabled us to top up last year and win a flag.

That fire sale worked.

I get that part, but with Grundy being gone anyway, we could have let Grundy go back then, took Adelaide's first pick, kept Treloar, kept Stephenson and had cap space

I get that part, but with Grundy being gone anyway, we could have let Grundy go back then, took Adelaide's first pick, kept Treloar, kept Stephenson and had cap space
With recruiting, trading and contracts, they're betting on the future. Every club loses a lot of bets. But we've won enough to have a list good enough to be reigning premiers.

Getting back to the next game…

If Kreuger gets through the VFL game in one piece, I would bring him in as the forward / ruck.

Drop Cox.

Kreuger will at least give a contest in the air and around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who their right mind would want to still have Stephenson???

No we didn't. Frampton and Howe were just dumb. We had two back for Hardwick, but both of them played 10 metres ahead of him and couldn't track him on the lead.
That's pretty much what Fly said.

It was a bit more than a rumour. It was reported by journos. Slightly more weight. Slightly.

I was actually about to post a screenshot from an article but yeah, I think they helped us with some front loading stuff

1712619266508.png

Getting back to the next game…

If Kreuger gets through the VFL game in one piece, I would bring him in as the forward / ruck.

Drop Cox.

Kreuger will at least give a contest in the air and around the ground.

I think Krueger would need at least a good month at VFL level before getting considered for senior footy.
If he gets through that period unscathed and putting up some good performances, then he would be an option to come into the side, maybe for the duration of the season, if he can grasp his opportunity.
But his body needs to stand up to a volume of work before he is even considered.

I'm more confident about knocking off Port than I ever felt about the Hawks game. Hopefully 70k fans or more turn up, and there will be a big game atmosphere against a flag contender after a nice freshen up. Surely that will get the juices flowing and we will rediscover that manic attack on the pill and flair we played with last year.
Like in the first half on Sunday.

If Howe by moving fwd can be the General that organizes a more effective structure and leading patterns to improve I50 conversion - then it’s a no brainer.
I think that’s where his potential value sits rather than just kicking goals.
Agree. It's only one game, but his 3 goals against Carlton last season showed his potential value to our forward structure:

Carlton played Marchbank on him as they needed to respect his aerial ability. From the clip however it's clear in at least 2 of his 3 goals that he was too quick and agile for Marchbank, as he was able to take front position and gain separation on the lead.

If Howe by moving fwd can be the General that organizes a more effective structure and leading patterns to improve I50 conversion - then it’s a no brainer.
I think that’s where his potential value sits rather than just kicking goals.
I see your point however it also makes me question why Elliott, Mihocek, Skipworth aren’t organising a more effective structure and leading patterns. Seems a bit odd that we would need Howe to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back