Game Day Round 6 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 20/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a forward mid and that’s the role he should be used at. Has also been trialled off the wing during preseason, so doesn’t need to be pigeonholed into a small forward.

If the club really rate him highly he should be replacing the likes of Steele and Lipinski. At least he offers more speed than both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes! 👍

Moore's drop off this season has been alarming. Not sure what is happening there, but if he wasn't skipper, would he hold his spot in the team? l would think not....
I agree,the captaincy is the one thing that’s probably keeping him in the side.Plus the fact that there are no real alternatives running around in the VFL to take his place.Our key position stocks are alarmingly thin.

Frampton is in superb form.
Instead, I’d be moving Howe forward. He’s fallen off the cliff in the offseason. Needs to be tried forward to finish up his career. Can’t see him going beyond this year
Moore forward. Howe to retire as a club legend who's time has come.

I agree, the captaincy is the one thing that’s probably keeping him in the side. Plus the fact that there are no real alternatives running around in the VFL to take his place. Our key position stocks are alarmingly thin.
He's too young to have hit the wall so he must be carrying something, I was terrified GF week to see his ankle the size of a balloon but he still played.

Frampton is in superb form.
Instead, I’d be moving Howe forward. He’s fallen off the cliff in the offseason. Needs to be tried forward to finish up his career. Can’t see him going beyond this year
We have Sidey, Howe and WHE on retirement/delisting watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howe’s the player I’d like to see played forward for an extended run. He looked good against Sydney playing as a lead up forward and has the skill set to be a very difficult match up for opposition defenders.

His field kicking is good, he still has the ability to jump on people’s heads and his reading of the play has been his strength. He’s also fairly proficient when the ball hits the ground.

He’s not the solution to our forward line woes, but I think his contribution forward could be more impactful than what he is currently offering down back. The ideal would be for Murphy to return, but that seems to me to be a week to week proposition (if he in fact does return).

I feel that sometimes we look for direct replacements for older players rather than seeing it more as a transition. I tend to see it more like Pendles transitioning to Nick, Sidey transitioning to Josh etc. with emerging players coming up when form or opportunity allows.
I was reflecting the other day how lucky I am to have had Pendles brilliant career followed by Nick’s career and also how invaluable these transition years are with outstanding senior players playing alongside our emerging champions. Putting them out to pasture too early doesn’t allow this vital stage.
So I guess I’m looking for transition pairings for Mitchell, Howe, Mihocek, Cox, Jamie and the like and hoping we are adding prospects via draft etc who can eventually form a similar pairing with Nick, Josh, Jordy, Bruzzy, Darcy etc.

Rozee Butters and Horne Francis will lick their lips at being able to run off Pendlebury at the spread.
Their midfield is going to be sublime in a year or two.
Time to lift Nick and JDG.

from my Delorean

We don't have anyone ready to replace Howe or Moore in the magoos and our backline is already struggling big time without Murphy.

The talk about moving one of them up forward is just ludicrous.

We don't have anyone ready to replace Howe or Moore in the magoos and our backline is already struggling big time without Murphy.

its when Murphy returns that there will be an opportunity for some movement. The forward line is weakest atm with only checkers and a heap of smaller players as targets. Moore forward could work well.

Our backline has been perfectly fine the last fortnight, exception being the complete ignoring of Hardwick

We'd be able to do it now. Treloar only one year left and Grundy two. Some legends soon to retire. Poached players usually get long contracts with most of it falling when we don't have the overheads that we currently have.

We’d surely be finished with Treloar by year’s end at the latest? One of the outcomes of that messy negotiation was that the Dogs agreed to let us front load some of our $1.5m total obligation.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our backline has been perfectly fine the last fortnight, exception being the complete ignoring of Hardwick
And the fact all of Hawthorn's KPF's didn't play.

Jezza was playing spare man in defence. Someone else could do that - Bruzzy would kill it.

its when Murphy returns that there will be an opportunity for some movement. The forward line is weakest atm with only checkers and a heap of smaller players as targets. Moore forward could work well.
Forward line did fairly without McStay last year, despite some perpetuated myth on here.

And it's not when but if Murphy returns.

You and a couple of others laughably suggesting moving either Howe or Moore up forward right now so my point still stands.

We’d surely be finished with Treloar by year’s end at the latest? One of the outcomes of that messy negotiation was that the Dogs agreed to let us front load some of our $1.5m total obligation.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought Treloar's contract finished up last year with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back