MVP Round 6, 2024: Votes vs Fremantle

5 Reid
Daylight
4 yeo
3 waterman
2 barrass
1 Bailey williams

Just wanna say what really puts Reid’s game into perspective is the ranking points and Reid was about 1/3 higher than second place because when the game was up for grabs Reid took it by the horns and kicked 3, waterman was good also with 5 but only didn’t have as much impact as Reid when the game was on the line

You mean other than the 4 goals that Waterman kicked in the first half yeah?

5 - Yeo
4 - Reid
3 - Barrass
2 - Waterman (Honestly all those top 4 had cases for 5 vote games)
1 - Gov
HM - pretty much everyone - Petch had a rough night I guess and Williams was beaten but fought hard and took some huge marks. Hard to find much to complain about!

Giving my votes based on watching at the ground with no replay.

5 - Barrass - genuinely amazed he got no votes in Glendinning medal. Intercepted or killed everything.
4 - Yeo. Is back.
3 - Harley. Wait till he's actually fit...
2 - Waterman
1 - BWilliams

So many deserved votes, entire backline was immense,

This

It's like after Richmond kicked the first 4 they've clicked and are playing a lot more cohesively as a unit. It's been great to watch.

Pressure up the ground also helps of course.

Enjoying the gameplan too. Reminds me of 2011.

For what it's worth, being at the game I thought Reid was best on ground, or at least equal with Waterman. Was honestly surprised to see Yeo named BOG, but plenty here are doing the same. Hard to see all the in tight contested stuff from the 5th tier.

5. Yeo
4. Reid
3. Waterman
2. Barrass
1. Williams

Reid unlucky not to get BOG.

The games by Barrass and Williams were both huge. Barrass stopped everything that went his way and Williams did extremely well against a very good combo. Williams really stood up in the 2nd half.

Our backline was awesome. I thought that Duggan played well after quarter time, McGovern solid while Hough played his role superbly.

Finally, need to mention Maric. I thought he did some good things in the 2nd half as well.

Finally, need to mention Maric. I thought he did some good things in the 2nd half as well.

Maric's goal on the three quarter time siren. Oh man. It cleared our bench, they stormed the ground like you see in those wild baseball brawls, but it was in celebration.

The boys are a tight group.

5 - Yeo
4 - Reid
3 - Waterman
2 - Barrass
1 - Hough

About 10 players could slot into the 1 and 2 spots there. Impressively even performance.

Watched the replay late at night and knowing the result so not sure if that's skewed my perspective but thought Barrass and Harley were the 2 best by a fair way

5. Barrass
4.Reid
3. Waterman
2. Yeo
1.Hough

Back