Autopsy Roast & Toast R5 vs West Coast & Changes for The Bye

Best 5 vs Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he looked lost because we're trying to play too many through the midfield, and thus, when an actual midfielder like McAuliffe is picked, he's wedged at HF.

We all loved McAuliffe's cameo against the Saints, and he clearly looked of the level then, and why was that? Because he was at the stoppage trying to win the contested ball. Not because he was coming off of HF to pressure or take a mark from a hack kick.
Played on ball plenty.

I think he will be a player but the carry on when he wasn’t picked was comical

About as expected really. Midfield going to get destroyed until Hopper and Taranto return. Sonsie should get a go in there.
Yeah, wouldn’t mind just throwing a few kids through since we are getting smashed anyway

Sonsie, Rioli Jr, Mansell and Lefau could be decent candidates

Positives - We didn't play into McGovern's hands. Lefau - there's something there.

Negatives - pretty much everything else.

Why didn't we change up the midfield mix when we were getting thrashed in the 2nd and 3rd quarters?
Bias aside, we have a genuine mid in Sonsie rotting away in the fwd line so why not throw him in to see if he can win some clearances or at least halve some contests to force a repeat stoppage?

I'm not saying he would have changed anything but you gotta try and stem the flow somehow.

We are going to get a strong draft pick and with all of the other picks we have, we could try and get a second pick in the top 10.

Lefau showed some promise and is nicely developing his game. It's a concern that a new afl player like lefau is showing more potential than kosi.

Seems like Martin has checked out.

Young players will improve with more game time. Unfortunately dimma never gave them a chance

Lefau’s timing is getting really good
Isn’t over running or under running the ball and at one point it showed him making repeat leads when the ball was held up on the wing

Really impressive stuff from such a young player game wise

Going to be a long, long year. Massive injury list, a few senior players looked they didn’t care that much. No way they can drag Pickett to 100 games, cooked now. Keep playing kids, going to be at least 8-10 list changes, we probably need to give up someone we don’t want to lose in trade to get more top end young talent in. Club needs to launch an investigation into the conditioning/high performance team this week.

Not pretty, but I’m not surprised. It is what it is. The bye is finally here and we’ll probably get smashed by Melbourne, but we’ll hopefully have people return from round 7 onwards. Just got to get through the next few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About as expected really. Midfield going to get destroyed until Hopper and Taranto return. Sonsie should get a go in there.
Stupid ooze is another who doesn't take risks because he wants to minimize the scoreboard damage, pisses me off when coaches won't try someone else when you are getting reamed.

Last edited:
I'm less concerned about this game compared to the Suns game.

We got beat in the midfield vs the Suns when we had our best mids. We got beat in the midfield today with players who aren't even consistent B grade midfielders.

However, that doesn't excuse some of the performances around the ground.

Kosi had a nearly day, but won't cut it if he can't actually take a mark, or tries to play for FKs.
Miller and Young both under huge pressure, but I thought Miller started the better of the two, while I was disappointed with a lot of Young's early work.
Pickett might as well be the sub every week if we're trying to have him be at HF. At least he's versatile enough as the sub to cover multiple positions.
KMac started well, but once again, beaten by speed.
Not too sure what the plan with HRS was. Had good moments, but the structure in general looked messy and unorganised.

Not easy winning with a lot of injuries to best 22 players. Our team were only missing Allen, Hewitt and Flynn. When we had our injuries it wasn't surprising my Eagles kept getting thrashed and were forced to play WAFL standard players last year and in 2022.

Shai was really good and was your best, Lefeau looked erally good against our defence and can compliment the likes of Lynch and Balta when they comeback. You do have bye coming up which is much needed. Was Dusty being managed coz it looked like he was mainly in the forward line rather in the midfield.

Just looked off the pace from what I've saw with too many fumbles and our mids outplaying your ones but then as mentioned you had injuries. I'm sure you''ll give top teams some trouble once you have most of your best 22 back fit and firing.

This loss may look bad, but it really isn’t that bad. It’s not like our full strength side is a top 4 side. great to begin with, so it’s expected that our VFL side would get smashed by ordinary teams.

In terms of players, Kosi should be one of the last KPPs we pick. I was against him coming into the side last week, and I haven’t changed my mind. This guy’s struggling at VFL level. What makes us think he’ll do anything at AFL level? I don’t care about how many KPPs we have out. No point playing a tall that is uncompetitive.

I’d honestly rather Naismith and Ryan. As ordinary as Ryan is in the air, we’ve seen something from him at VFL level the last few weeks.

Don't turn up next round
They don't give a heck
It's all a big tucking joke
All the premiership players don't care
They have there medals and there content to
Drift off in the sunset
No ******* leadership at this club
None whatsoever we are doomed
And we ain't coming back this century

Not easy winning with a lot of injuries to best 22 players. Our team were only missing Allen, Hewitt and Flynn. When we had our injuries it wasn't surprising my Eagles kept getting thrashed and were forced to play WAFL standard players last year and in 2022.

Shai was really good and was your best, Lefeau looked erally good against our defence and can compliment the likes of Lynch and Balta when they comeback. You do have bye coming up which is much needed. Was Dusty being managed coz it looked like he was mainly in the forward line rather in the midfield.

Just looked off the pace from what I've saw with too many fumbles and our mids outplaying your ones but then as mentioned you had injuries. I'm sure you''ll give top teams some trouble once you have most of your best 22 back fit and firing.
Credit to your boys as well

Been a long time since we have seen your midfield back to full strength
I had forgotten how powerful they could be especially Yeo who is right among the better inside mids in the comp

Reid looks like he’s going to be a superstar as well

Back