Autopsy Richmond v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Yer, but wotabout all the others, ay?

And that interpretation on Prestia is disputable, it looks to me like he's trying to kick the ball and misses it with his foot. Also, Prestia had prior opportunity (more than Houston). Holding the ball.

Maybe they would like to look at Jack Graham pinning Butters' arms and driving him into the ground.

Classic example of the spirit of the rules getting lost amongst the technicalities. The spirit of the 'don't dive on it' interpretation is to stop players from deliberately creating congestion and slowing the game down. No player in the league tries to keep the play moving more than SPP, that clip being a great example. It's just nonsense.

Classic example of the spirit of the rules getting lost amongst the technicalities. The spirit of the 'don't dive on it' interpretation is to stop players from deliberately creating congestion and slowing the game down. No player in the league tries to keep the play moving more than SPP, that clip being a great example. It's just nonsense.
Stupid rule for sure, but the decision correct. This was literally a text book example.

How can I take your post seriously when you start out saying I'm a complete moron?

In the end we'll always see things differently. I just spoke to a neutral who felt like the game was very evenly umpired with too many "tiggy touchwood" free kicks both ways. There can be no winner in this argument.

Then your neutral is a dumb heck. Your the one coming onto our board trying lecture to us. There were Crows supporters coming into our threads to say it was one of the worst performances from the umpires they'd seen. Crows supporters! Which tiggy touchwood freekick did we get again? The one Marshall got in the first quarter where he was tackled in the forward 50 while your defender wasn't even looking at the ball?

Then your neutral is a dumb duck. Your the one coming onto our board trying lecture to us. There were Crows supporters coming into our threads to say it was one of the worst performances from the umpires they'd seen. Crows supporters! Which tiggy touchwood freekick did we get again? The one Marshall got in the first quarter where he was tackled in the forward 50 while your defender wasn't even looking at the ball?

How about when Marshall marked the ball, was hit in the head and the umpire paid high contact so he didn't have to pay a 50? At least he still kicked the goal.

Then your neutral is a dumb duck. Your the one coming onto our board trying lecture to us. There were Crows supporters coming into our threads to say it was one of the worst performances from the umpires they'd seen. Crows supporters! Which tiggy touchwood freekick did we get again? The one Marshall got in the first quarter where he was tackled in the forward 50 while your defender wasn't even looking at the ball?
The MOTTO "US AGAINST THE REST" including umpires used to be the motto of the PAFC.

Blaming umpires was never the PAFC motto this club has become weak as piss and should be ashamed from top to bottom of what it has become. When was the last time you saw blood and guts intermingled with a bit of skill that took on everything including the umps come out and win the day, something that produced a level of pride throughout the entire club which would linger for weeks.
I have seen nothing like this for a decade plus with this club. The culture stinks beyond contempt.
PS blame the koch&hernkley combination here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a train wreck last night was. Started with hinkleys dumb as all hell selection then pregame calling his own decision to go in with no ruck “brave”

And the ******* umpiring. Lol what a farce. That’s entirely what you get when you have a competitions power base in one state where the glory of rome (vfl) is peddled as gospel and all umpires are indoctrinated into it and spend their time when not part time umpires going back to their day jobs where they get to listen to the same gospel being peddled second hand by sycophants about the lovely vic boys and how port are dirty disgusting feral cheats.

It would take a hermit with a mind like a bank vault not to go into afl games with some intrinsic subconscious views.

As I’ve always said, they’ve already done extensive studies where they show that people can be influenced.

There was a famous one I read about ages ago where they selected a group of seemingly non-racist people, showed them subtle material suggesting black people were bad, then did tests where they asked people to select who they thought the criminal was in a bunch of listed scenarios (which had no evidence to say a particular person was guilty) and by an insane margin the test group picked the black people.

If the vic based media tells the population something often enough, and they do, it’s going to seep into the minds of the umps. No doubt about it. It’s why Robbie gray can’t get a free when he gets decapitated while others get them for a slight brush on the shoulder.

The media went into a campaign to convince the world gray didn’t deserve frees, and without any ******* doubt the umpires bought it.

We’ve seen port get done enough by the umps to know it’s not just the luck of the draw, and we know the vic based media campaigns hard pro-vic and against port. Hell you hear it the bloody commentary during our games where our frees are picked apart. I’m yet to ever hear a kf ever get picked apart and scrutinised like the time a north known scraggier got pinged a couple of times for s**t against one of our kfs

Our AFL history was encapsulated in last night's performance.

Lots of highlights and good bits, lots of cluster**** moments, when pressure and expectation are in the air we turn to jelly, structure works for a while - and then it disappears, etc. All in 120 minutes!

Ken is I think a "decent" coach, but not a "great" coach. And I reckon you would need to be a GREAT coach to get our blokes to perform to an expected elite level.

Our blokes bludge too much and accept mediocrity too easily.

We need someone able to make our blokes ruthless, never satisfied with tedious efforts and performances, plus able to be steely willed and good decision makers (and skills executors) when the heat is on in the kitchen.

Who that person is - I really dunno..........
It would be nice to see us play one on one footy for 10 or 15 minutes one quarter when we are struggling, instead of this maddening BS 1 vs 3 in our forward line, when we are getting the ball I50 often enough..

Just tell the players they have to be accountable for their man for that 10-15 minutes and its their responsibility to beat them, not depend on their teammates coming in to help them in big numbers from other parts of the ground.

It honestly felt the opposite to us. Funny that, I think it’s impossible not to be biased hey.

What about Finlayson pushing Nankervis in the back in the ruck all night around the ground?

What about when Clurey was clearly holding the ball, play on, two seconds later same thing happens to us and it’s holding the ball (second quarter I believe).

What about Bonner just falling on it in the last quarter and being tackled, no attempt to get it out, yet no call?

What about Soldo getting pushed in the back multiple times by Clurey for no call?

What about Ralphsmith’s head in the last quarter?

You wanna talk about Wayne Carey calling that Gibcus free kick poor? Go and look at the s**t we normally cop week after week. Go and look at Sam Reid’s free kick in the first minute two weeks ago against Sydney. Go and look at Rioli’s free against for nudging Rowbottam on the arm. We cop it weekly. The Gibcus free was there, no question. It was maybe soft and my passionate preference would be for all frees like that to be let go, but Burton held Gibcus just as he gained the better positioning and tried to run and leap. It was brief but to the letter of the law it’s a free.

I see your board saying “cheating umpires” and **** that makes me laugh. Have you guys SEEN the free kick ladder for 2022? 2021? 20? 19? 18? 17? Go look who is dead last by a country mile. If that’s cheating in our favour I’d duckin hate to see when it gets bad.

You lost fair and square. You had the better of the contest in a lot of facets after quarter time but duck we played horrid, we made SO many mistakes and fumbled so much, but we defended grimly and ground out the win. I’m sorry but if we were even five percent cleaner tonight we’d have won by 5-6 goals.

Now I’ll do as I expect you’ll all suggest and F off back to my board. But don’t talk about unfair umpiring, that’s our schtick. Cheers.
At least we should be able to agree on sack Hinkley

Umpiring cost Port the game..?? I’d prefer to look back on which of Robbie Grays kicks I liked the most tonight ….oh hang on. Only 1 kick to review…I guess it was that one. And I thought Motlop was pivotal tonight with his 3 quality touches ….. But yeah, umpires cost Port the game and not their multitude of invisible players ..haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lets agree to sack Hinkley

Preseason game at Elizabeth oval, where even though it was a trial match it could be described as Gawn's break out game, he made the rock lobster look like some unco bloke who had been pulled from the crowd to make up the numbers, and as you say he hasn't looked back since.
On first pass I read that Lobbe looked like “some unco bloke who had been pulled from the crowd to make up the numbers, and as you say he hasn't looked back since.”

Basically exactly his career post 2014…

Amon - got involved around the ground, 4 clearances. Liked him a lot but had some horrible kicks, but he’s not alone. Every single player on our team was kicking it like they were drunk. Every player just looked like they got space jam’d when they had to kick inside 50.

Burton - one of our best I thought

Boak - on paper his game looks very good, and we did rely on him, but gee he looked very very slow a few times to make decisions or start moving with ball in hand.

Dbj - what we expect now. High effort but dumb as a post.

Rozee - some real enjoyable play from him. Took players on with his electric speed but had some horrible kicks inside 50

Bonner - ok I guess

Houston - thought he was our best player. Just cut off every Richmond thrust in the air. was impenetrable. Kicking like everyone ******* else was a bit off.

Marshall - excellent first half, good second. Couple of marks he probably should have taken and a rare miss but was the key to us being in the game. Was just so dangerous. He’s become so smart with his body work, wish Dixon would pay attention to how Todd keeps his hands free. Nearly took a spectacular mark.

Finlayson - a very big effort and while his opponents easily got the better of him in the ruck he had an impact on the game and can’t fault his effort.

Wines - decent game but still not winning the ball at the coal face like we need him to

Drew - had some eye catching touches and 22d is much better… but not winning it at the coal face enough. 3 clearances ? We need more. Much more. This should have been his breakout year but he’s kind of stalling.

Spp - really enjoyed his effort

Jones - worked pretty hard, but was really no threat to Richmond in our forward half.

Butters - worked hard and courageous, still a touch off where he should be.

Farrell- quiet for far too long then had a good patch. Kicked a wonderful goal

Alir - ok

Dixon - ok. Rusty as all hell in the forward line and watching him still try to one hand mark the ball while Todd takes textbook two hand marks kills me

Clurey - didn’t really pay much attention but thought he was ok

Dumont - thought he was pretty average to poor after impressing me in recent games

Jonas - ffs. A greatest hits of spoiling and taking out his own teammates. ******* Groundhog Day.

Gray - struggled

Motlop - horrible.

It would be nice to see us play one on one footy for 10 or 15 minutes one quarter when we are struggling, instead of this maddening BS 1 vs 3 in our forward line, when we are getting the ball I50 often enough..

Just tell the players they have to be accountable for their man for that 10-15 minutes and its their responsibility to beat them, not depend on their teammates coming in to help them in big numbers from other parts of the ground.
Do footballers today know what accountable means?

Good

Clurey was outstanding. Gave Riewoldt very little and he usually dominates us.

Marshall is really exciting to watch now.

Best game from Butters in a long time. Super clean, picked up some insane ground balls and clever and precise with the ball. Only thing that was missing is more forward half play - goals, assists etc.

Finlayson was excellent although I'm not sure that's a good thing. Hinkley will probably play him there for the rest of the season until fumbling bumbling Lycett comes back.

Amon just works extraordinarily hard. His ground coverage is elite, he helps in defence, links up in attack and always presents an option. The difference between guys like Farrell and Duursma and Amon is purely work rate. His disposal is a bit iffy every now and then but he must be spent every time he gets the ball. Will be a big loss if he leaves.

Bad

Motlop. Enough said.

Gray is just ineffective as a forward when the Oppo play a bigger defender on him. He is so reliant on winning arm wrestle physical battles and doesn't have the pace or agility anymore to make space i50.

Jones, why did we play him. He isn't a forwards a-hole. Should play the next month in the sanfl playing one position.

Aliir. Still doing just ok but intercept marking has really left him. Not judging the ball well in the air.

SPP. A down week amongst many good ones. No ruck time for him this week. I think he benefits from spending time in the ruck.

Dixon struggling. God knows why we put our injury prone lynchpin kpp into the ruck. Another genius move.

At least we should be able to agree on sack Hinkley
I dunno, you’ve had plenty of s**t luck with injuries this year. You’re a different beast when Dixon is fit and you’ve had him in two games all year, two wet games too…

Hinkley has taken you pretty far multiple times and you were a deliberate out of bounds and a freak kick for goal off a grand final in 2020…

I think you should stick with him, you have a really solid group still.

I dunno, you’ve had plenty of s**t luck with injuries this year. You’re a different beast when Dixon is fit and you’ve had him in two games all year, two wet games too…

Hinkley has taken you pretty far multiple times and you were a deliberate out of bounds and a freak kick for goal off a grand final in 2020…

I think you should stick with him, you have a really solid group still.
U can say we sook about umpires and all that other crap but how dare you say we should keep Hinkley!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back