Autopsy Richmond v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m as angry as everyone else, but enough with the Robbie is cooked stuff, please. He had Dylan Grimes for company who is comfortably their best defender, and one of the best in the league. And do you know why? Cos an incredibly astute, three time premiership coach recognised the threat that he still is. His best is far gone, and as sad as it is, lay off him. He’s a champion, and honestly, playing in Port’s forward line would probably be the least envied position in football.
I absolutely love Robbie and he deserves a send off. But he looks completely done and sad seeing that tonight. Sadly he’s not going to play in a Port premiership and I hate Ken for that. But the fact is though he’s being paid to play football for Port Adelaide. If he’s not up for it and he can’t play against these gun defenders, then why play him?

It's unbelievable the frees were 24-21.

It feels like 72-4.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
It honestly felt the opposite to us. Funny that, I think it’s impossible not to be biased hey.

What about Finlayson pushing Nankervis in the back in the ruck all night around the ground?

What about when Clurey was clearly holding the ball, play on, two seconds later same thing happens to us and it’s holding the ball (second quarter I believe).

What about Bonner just falling on it in the last quarter and being tackled, no attempt to get it out, yet no call?

What about Soldo getting pushed in the back multiple times by Clurey for no call?

What about Ralphsmith’s head in the last quarter?

You wanna talk about Wayne Carey calling that Gibcus free kick poor? Go and look at the shit we normally cop week after week. Go and look at Sam Reid’s free kick in the first minute two weeks ago against Sydney. Go and look at Rioli’s free against for nudging Rowbottam on the arm. We cop it weekly. The Gibcus free was there, no question. It was maybe soft and my passionate preference would be for all frees like that to be let go, but Burton held Gibcus just as he gained the better positioning and tried to run and leap. It was brief but to the letter of the law it’s a free.

I see your board saying “cheating umpires” and heck that makes me laugh. Have you guys SEEN the free kick ladder for 2022? 2021? 20? 19? 18? 17? Go look who is dead last by a country mile. If that’s cheating in our favour I’d ****in hate to see when it gets bad.

You lost fair and square. You had the better of the contest in a lot of facets after quarter time but **** we played horrid, we made SO many mistakes and fumbled so much, but we defended grimly and ground out the win. I’m sorry but if we were even five percent cleaner tonight we’d have won by 5-6 goals.

Now I’ll do as I expect you’ll all suggest and F off back to my board. But don’t talk about unfair umpiring, that’s our schtick. Cheers.

Someone said earlier in the GameDay thread this is the exact game you'd show the board for wanting ken sacked. Well, once again our failure to win a winnable game against mediocre opposition was on display for all to see. Lost in the coaches box, and lost at selection.

Fwiw, the umpiring in that last quarter was nothing short of atrocious. These **** head morons want respect, do your job properly and you'll get some. No accountability for these shocking calls. Sack ken.

It honestly felt the opposite to us. Funny that, I think it’s impossible not to be biased hey.

What about Finlayson pushing Nankervis in the back in the ruck all night around the ground?

What about when Clurey was clearly holding the ball, play on, two seconds later same thing happens to us and it’s holding the ball (second quarter I believe).

What about Bonner just falling on it in the last quarter and being tackled, no attempt to get it out, yet no call?

What about Soldo getting pushed in the back multiple times by Clurey for no call?

You wanna talk about Wayne Carey calling that Gibcus free kick poor? Go and look at the shit we normally cop week after week. Go and look at Sam Reid’s free kick in the first minute two weeks ago against Sydney. Go and look at Rioli’s free against for nudging Rowbottam on the arm. We cop it weekly. The Gibcus free was there, no question. It was maybe soft and my passionate preference would be for all frees like that to be let go, but Burton held Gibcus just as he gained the better positioning and tried to run and leap. It was brief but to the letter of the law it’s a free.

I see your board saying “cheating umpires” and **** that makes me laugh. Have you guys SEEN the free kick ladder for 2022? 2021? 20? 19? 18? 17? Go look who is dead last by a country mile. If that’s cheating in our favour I’d duckin hate to see when it gets bad.

You lost fair and square. You had the better of the contest in a lot of facets after quarter time but duck we played horrid, we made SO many mistakes and fumbled so much, but we defended grimly and ground out the win. I’m sorry but if we were even five percent cleaner tonight we’d have won by 5-6 goals.

Now I’ll do as I expect you’ll all suggest and F off back to my board. But don’t talk about unfair umpiring, that’s our schtick. Cheers.
Lol this guy, Jesus how triggered are you. You're a protected species who travel 5 times a year. get over it. You got the rub of the green the last ten minutes, take if and duck off. Also, no one here cares, in case you can't tell every loss is a win to us right now. Nobody on this board is going to look at your freekicks from another week because nobody gives a shit.

I see your board saying “cheating umpires” and **** that makes me laugh. Have you guys SEEN the free kick ladder for 2022? 2021? 20? 19? 18? 17? Go look who is dead last by a country mile. If that’s cheating in our favour I’d duckin hate to see when it gets bad.

You lost fair and square. You had the better of the contest in a lot of facets after quarter time but duck we played horrid, we made SO many mistakes and fumbled so much, but we defended grimly and ground out the win. I’m sorry but if we were even five percent cleaner tonight we’d have won by 5-6 goals.

How to say ‘look, I’m a dumb campaigner’ without actually saying ‘look, I’m a dumb campaigner…’

Lol this guy, Jesus how triggered are you. You're a protected species who travel 5 times a year. get over it. You got the rub of the green the last ten minutes, take if and duck off. Also, no one here cares, in case you can't tell every loss is a win to us right now. Nobody on this board is going to look at your freekicks from another week because nobody gives a shit.
Pretty sure most of yas DO give a shit.

For the record Collingwood is a protected species as far as VIC teams go. We travel interstate just as much as any other VIC side, we basically never play you guys in Melbourne either btw, and we’re dead last for frees. Love to see how we’re protected…

For the record Collingwood is a protected species as far as VIC teams go. We travel interstate just as much as any other VIC side, we basically never play you guys in Melbourne either btw, and we’re dead last for frees. Love to see how we’re protected…
Mate you go to another team's board a couple of hours after a close game, arguing about umpires, and you are going to cop shit back.

Its stock standard Big Footy behaviour. If you haven't worked that out by now, you are very naive.

If you really want to discuss the game, then come back tomorrow, when everyone is calmer.

Last edited:

Just take ya win and fck off, no need to justify it on here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have gone from bomb it to Charlie, to bomb it to Nankervis and his teammate defender next to him, when we play Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes it's hard to judge some umpire calls when you're at the game but I felt we got the rub of the green tonight, although in all honesty I thought it was crap both ways. Glad we didn't see any 50's for dissent. Gee that stand rule has to go too, thanks Hocking.

I'd love it if the AFL actually listened to the fans and just canned some of these dumb rules, targeted bloke who deliberately draw high contact, and generally tell the umpires to let it go and just call the obvious/serious ones.

As for Port well that Marshall looks great. Otherwise I suspect a few blokes like Gray, Dixon and Motlop are over the hill. Boak not far off it too IMO.

Either way neither of us will do much in September if we make it haha.

I absolutely love Robbie and he deserves a send off. But he looks completely done and sad seeing that tonight. Sadly he’s not going to play in a Port premiership and I hate Ken for that. But the fact is though he’s being paid to play football for Port Adelaide. If he’s not up for it and he can’t play against these gun defenders, then why play him?
for old times sake

It feels like that to you because you are a complete moron whose club has a host of known stagers, plays unsociable football, which your coach has frequently admitted means you give more free kicks away and you whinge every ****ing week about free kicks.

I'll bite. In a low scoring game that was decided by 2 goals. You were gifted a goal for a 50m where it looked like Farrell was 9.5 metres away AFTER the player has moved off his line and handballed. This is not to be confused with the 50m that Farrell was the beneficiary of when the Richmond player was 7-8m inside the protected zone with Farrell still behind the mark and coming in to protect the corridor which is the exact reason for the rule. The non 50m penalty not paid to marshall where he completed a mark in the centre square and had a player clean him up late with front on contact to slow the play down. As you correctly pointed out the Gibcus freebie that was pathetic and, if paid, should have been paid 30 times to us tonight for much worse holding. The Dusty goal where he pushed the Port defender straight in the back in the goal square to run into a open goal. The nonpaid mark to Dixon inside 50. The non paid dangerous tackle on Butters which resulted in a score.

The only HTB you were hard done by was one paid against you where a player had no prior and fresh aired a kick. You don't get free kicks for dropping the ball with no prior, they just don't pay them. Lachie Jones got pinged because he didn't get the ball away in half a second (or they wrongly paid a handball as a throw) whilst allowing a guy who was tackled to the ground after taking 3-4 steps, another 2 seconds, to get rid of the ball. The interpretation of the HTb rule was absolutely to your advantage.

There were a host of arm chops, in the backs, and holds on the wing that were only paid one way.

I'll get back to the crux of the matter. Every time we play you at AO, you morons whinge about the umpiring because the same scragging you got away with all night tonight occasionally gets paid in Adelaide and you whinge about it because you're an undisciplined team that goes out of its way to try and initimdate other sides (exhibit A, Tom Lynch trying to knockout anyone that gets near him). Did you get hard done by against Sydney? Don't know, but it doesn't somehow erase the events of tonight and I am not inclined to believe you without seeing it for myself. If you want to talk about ancient history though, we can talk about your last close final at AO 2020. You win by a goal. In the last quarter alone - Robbie Gray should have been put to the goalline (a fact the commentators admitted) when he was tackled after disposing of the ball (as blatantly as you could imagine -2 hands tugging the jumper using Gray like a Jet Ski). Rozee was told to stop acting by the ump when he fell forward from a double handed push whilst in mid air and again when he was clearly being held (a fact again the commentators admitted). And then we all remember the deliberate. Could have been there. I would go as far to say that was Hartlett's intention just like the 97000 other times it isn't paid. He quickly dived on the ball and flicked it up towards the boundary line but gave the umpire every opportunity to not pay it with a player 1.5m away from the pass. Go and ask a West Coast or a Brisbane or a Adelaide supporter if they reckon that free gets paid if its a Richmond player in a tied PF at the MCG. Go and ask Adelaide how they feel about the umpiring in the first half of the 2017 GF? You get looked after when you need it, so the 'wah wah free kick differential' expecting a 50/50 count when you clearly push the line, doesn't impress anyone. It also doesn't erase the fact that the umpiring tonight clearly cost us more than the 2 goals in a 2 goal game.

It feels like that to you because you are a complete moron whose club has a host of known stagers, plays unsociable football, which your coach has frequently admitted means you give more free kicks away and you whinge every ******* week about free kicks.

I'll bite. In a low scoring game that was decided by 2 goals. You were gifted a goal for a 50m where it looked like Farrell was 9.5 metres away AFTER the player has moved off his line and handballed. This is not to be confused with the 50m that Farrell was the beneficiary of when the Richmond player was 7-8m inside the protected zone with Farrell still behind the mark and coming in to protect the corridor which is the exact reason for the rule. The non 50m penalty not paid to marshall where he completed a mark in the centre square and had a player clean him up late with front on contact to slow the play down. As you correctly pointed out the Gibcus freebie that was pathetic and, if paid, should have been paid 30 times to us tonight for much worse holding. The Dusty goal where he pushed the Port defender straight in the back in the goal square to run into a open goal. The nonpaid mark to Dixon inside 50. The non paid dangerous tackle on Butters which resulted in a score.

The only HTB you were hard done by was one paid against you where a player had no prior and fresh aired a kick. You don't get free kicks for dropping the ball with no prior, they just don't pay them. Lachie Jones got pinged because he didn't get the ball away in half a second (or they wrongly paid a handball as a throw) whilst allowing a guy who was tackled to the ground after taking 3-4 steps, another 2 seconds, to get rid of the ball. The interpretation of the HTb rule was absolutely to your advantage.

There were a host of arm chops, in the backs, and holds on the wing that were only paid one way.

I'll get back to the crux of the matter. Every time we play you at AO, you morons whinge about the umpiring because the same scragging you got away with all night tonight occasionally gets paid in Adelaide and you whinge about it because you're an undisciplined team that goes out of its way to try and initimdate other sides (exhibit A, Tom Lynch trying to knockout anyone that gets near him). Did you get hard done by against Sydney? Don't know, but it doesn't somehow erase the events of tonight and I am not inclined to believe you without seeing it for myself. If you want to talk about ancient history though, we can talk about your last close final at AO 2020. You win by a goal. In the last quarter alone - Robbie Gray should have been put to the goalline (a fact the commentators admitted) when he was tackled after disposing of the ball (as blatantly as you could imagine -2 hands tugging the jumper using Gray like a Jet Ski). Rozee was told to stop acting by the ump when he fell forward from a double handed push whilst in mid air and again when he was clearly being held (a fact again the commentators admitted). And then we all remember the deliberate. Could have been there. I would go as far to say that was Hartlett's intention just like the 97000 other times it isn't paid. He quickly dived on the ball and flicked it up towards the boundary line but gave the umpire every opportunity to not pay it with a player 1.5m away from the pass. Go and ask a West Coast or a Brisbane or a Adelaide supporter if they reckon that free gets paid if its a Richmond player in a tied PF at the MCG. Go and ask Adelaide how they feel about the umpiring in the first half of the 2017 GF? You get looked after when you need it, so the 'wah wah free kick differential' expecting a 50/50 count when you clearly push the line, doesn't impress anyone. It also doesn't erase the fact that the umpiring tonight clearly cost us more than the 2 goals in a 2 goal game.
everybody knows its rigged. that's what i find amusing.
is that grown men watch this rigged rubbish and assume its a fair even playing field.
i have watched pro sport for the last 40 years and the afl is clearly the most rigged and corrupt sport in the world.
its clearly a rigged comp. many gambling vendors in the states refuse to take bets or pay up on that basis. the afl is renowned as a rigged, corrupt, cheat competition.
its similar to wwf. only the wwf doesnt pretend to be serious or fair.

Bassett said and I quote when asked why we have gone into the game without a recognised ruckman. " We can't do any worse than last week". Duck off Bassett, Davies, Montgomery Hinkley.
If that's a true quote, how ducking disgusting. The 'old' Port Adelaide would send Bassett packing; actually, the old Port would have never let him into the club to start with!!!

Excuse the intrusion

Your team got completely and utterly ducked over by the umpiring tonight

One of the most biased displays I've seen

Umpiring cost Port the game..?? I’d prefer to look back on which of Robbie Grays kicks I liked the most tonight ….oh hang on. Only 1 kick to review…I guess it was that one. And I thought Motlop was pivotal tonight with his 3 quality touches ….. But yeah, umpires cost Port the game and not their multitude of invisible players ..haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That umpiring was some of the worst we've ever copped, we played shithouse with no skills or structure, woeful selections, and yet, we should've won.

Even as the window fast closes, you improve this team by 5% and we're right up there.

Sack Hinkley.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

It was 64-48 inside 50’s. 22 scoring shots (plus 3 OOF) to 15. So no, nothing suggests you should’ve won.

It was 64-48 inside 50’s. 22 scoring shots (plus 3 OOF) to 15. So no, nothing suggests you should’ve won.

It's almost like umpiring affects inside 50s as well as the scoring shots, especially when they kept on giving you shots from dead in front.

Umpiring cost Port the game..?? I’d prefer to look back on which of Robbie Grays kicks I liked the most tonight ….oh hang on. Only 1 kick to review…I guess it was that one. And I thought Motlop was pivotal tonight with his 3 quality touches ….. But yeah, umpires cost Port the game and not their multitude of invisible players ..haha.

I wasn't aware all 18 players had to play well before you can criticize the umpires complete inability to adjudicate the game consistently. Judging a teams deservedness of winning based on kicks is unusual especially considering we got more kicks, handballs, clearances, marks. Seems like getting the football wasn't a problem for us. Just bizarre that you would come onto the Port board and bag one of the club's greatest players as a means to argue you weren't favored by the umps. I hope you get ball cancer and your children don't visit you in old age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back