RDFNL 2022 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, Wallan. What a performance. Their midfield absolutely smashed Diggers. Sets up a huge contest next week.

I thought Will Brock was sensational along with the Bonello brothers and Boyall. Forwards had a field day.

Lots of work to do for Diggers before next weeks game.

Due to a couple of kids with Covid I had to stay home and watch it on Facebook.

Great work by the league to provide that and the OKR FM commentary was great with a bit of comedy.

Agree with Aucklander, Big Brock was Bog and the Bonellos were sensational.

Toddy Muldoon sensational up forward with 4 goals.

Big day for Wallan next Saturday with the 3 sides playing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Great work by the league to provide that and the OKR FM commentary was great with a bit of comedy.

Toddy Muldoons best game for a few seasons with 4 goals.

Best umpiring I'd seen all year too.

Toddy Muldoon sensational up forward with 4 goals.

Riddell have all 3 playing too

Who does a heavy Romsey favour?

Wallan was brilliant last week and I have no idea just how good Riddell is. Looking forward to another great weekend of finals footy.
Riddell finished on top for a reason, they've been very strong all year. And we know they're always strong at the pointy end of the year. But for mine they will need to be full strength (which they haven't been since early July) and play out of their skin to beat Wallan based on what I saw last week.

Who does a heavy Romsey favour?

Wallan was brilliant last week and I have no idea just how good Riddell is. Looking forward to another great weekend of finals footy.

Wallan have shown over the last 2 weeks that a heavy ground doesn’t bother them.

Also shown over the last few seasons that they don’t mind playing at Romsey also.

Going to be a great 3 games.

All 3, you could easily make a case for either side to win.

Margin to be under 3 goals in all games and hopefully in all in Wallans favour.

Wallan have shown over the last 2 weeks that a heavy ground doesn’t bother them.

Also shown over the last few seasons that they don’t mind playing at Romsey also.

Going to be a great 3 games.

All 3, you could easily make a case for either side to win.

Margin to be under 3 goals in all games and hopefully in all in Wallans favour.

Perri and Inness named makes them full strength. Professor Pericles same for Riddell?

Riddell have named 24 including Tarczon and Walsh, neither have played for 6 weeks or so. I'm led to believe Walsh is done for the year, no idea with Tarczon.

Cheers mate. Looking forward to a belter.

Riddell too classy Gary moorcroft best on I thought along with hammerlin , tarczon and the big fella brabham Wallan more passengers then metro trains also a side note play the best umpires you have got don’t try and fill spots for gender equality all in all well done to Riddell and not a bad day at all good food beer cold

Checks scoreboard? Yep, Wallan lost.

Sensational 10 goal 2nd quarter all but wrapped it up for Riddell. Couldn't help but admire the skill on show during that period. The speed at which they moved the ball was something else. They can sit back now and enjoy the benefits of coming 1st in a top 5 comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 pretty good games of footy today.

19s was fairly even most of the day with Riddell running away with it in the last Qtr.

A red card for either side very late in the game.

I think the Wallan player got offered a week. Not sure bout the Riddell player but hopefully he gets off.

The 2s, Diggers dominated the first 10-15 minutes but just could not get a goal.

A pretty good standard game with Wallan getting a good 4 goal win.

Expect both sides to meet again in the granny.

And the ones, well the game was won & lost in that 2nd Qtr.

Hammerling was everywhere in the Qtr. I think he kicked 4 in the Qtr. Riddell mids dominated the clearences. Grabham was good in the ruck, Tarczon very good first game back.

For Wallan, I thought Vianni tried his guts out all day, Morris & Boyall good. Perri had a good first 1/2 but not much in the 2nd 1/2.

Small positive for Wallan is they fought back and responded after the 2nd Qtr dominance by Riddell.

1 out of 3 for Wallan but the 19s and seniors live to fight another day.

Lets hope for 2 weeks of dry weather and we get a tip top looking Romsey ground for the GF.

Anyone know how Macedon ground is looking?

Huge game coming up for Wallan and Diggers again, this will be Diggers 10th game in a row and Wallans 7th...sure going to be some tired old bones come GF time

Last edited:
Riddell too classy Gary moorcroft best on I thought along with hammerlin , tarczon and the big fella brabham Wallan more passengers then metro trains also a side note play the best umpires you have got don’t try and fill spots for gender equality all in all well done to Riddell and not a bad day at all good food beer cold

I noticed she had an ear peace in her ear.

Not sure if the other 2 umpires had one as well and it was used to communicate between the 3 or if she was getting some coaching from the other umpires sitting on the fence.

I thought in general the 3 done an ok job with a handful of decisions where you scratch ya head but ya cop that most games.

Found it strange that a couple of umpires umpires on both days.

I noticed she had an ear peace in her ear.

Not sure if the other 2 umpires had one as well and it was used to communicate between the 3 or if she was getting some coaching from the other umpires sitting on the fence.

I thought in general the 3 done an ok job with a handful of decisions where you scratch ya head but ya cop that most games.

Found it strange that a couple of umpires umpires on both days.

To clarify for you all - onfield umpires have ear pieces and mikes and can communicate with each other. Umpire coach on sidelines can only hear on field conversation. And they have been used all year

Summary of the Wallan v diggers game today 2 things come to mind it was either poorly coached or poorly executed, Wallan tried to come down the middle of the ground awhile diggers had it covered but when they ran and carried the ball out wide and the came into the forward 50 they were too quick, jonkers on Jensen should of seen the match up was not working after 3 goals, the rucks u can win all the tap outs u want but when your midfielders are flat footed the opposition takes over money for jam, The smalls when the big fellas are doing the roving work where are you? Multiple times Brock Fowler Mahoney were on there knees slapping or hand-balling the ball out, WP Diggers experience has prevailed over youth,

Can someone tell me why the Grand Final is played on Sunday?
It was moved to a Sunday several years ago so that it didn’t compete against the two BFL grand finals and has remained that day since

Remove this Banner Ad

Back