RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think that solves the midfield woes, need more legspeed so I’d be focusing on your top 2 areas (genuine ruck and 50+ goals) and keep backing those 18/19yo, some of which look capable already of adding some pace inside and equally as importantly on the outside :thumbsu:
Wallan were close to getting Matt Perri from Leitchville-Gunbower last year as a forward weren’t they? .. any hope this year?

Congratulations to Diggers 1sts & 2nds.
Thought venue was better than both Romsey and Lancefield.
Tarco’s kick/ trip was a poor decision(by him). Not sure it was worth a Red but l was standing in the same line as the reporting umpire who made the correct call. If kicking is a red then it was the right decision!
Thought the lifting by the big boy of Medcraft and tossing him into the turf was pretty crude, but he did not throw him head first thankfully.
Anyone throwing cans etc. should be banned for life!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tarco cleared and received an apology from the umpires who admitted they made a mistake.

Tarco cleared and received an apology from the umpires who admitted they made a mistake.

Any chance of dealing in facts.

1. He pleaded guilty
2. Charge was thrown out not cleared
3. It was deemed the charge should have been a kick or yellow given for a trip

Either way, he pleaded guilty to a charge that should have incurred a suspension.

Another example of the RDFL circus.

1. He pleaded guilty

Either way, he pleaded guilty to a charge that should have incurred a suspension.

Pleaded guilty to tripping. Tripping is not red card offence. It’s why he received an apology for the error. On viewing the footage they knew they made a mistake.

It was a free kick - not worthy of any card and definitely not worthy of a suspension.

A red card has to be for the worst offences.

1. He pleaded guilty

You must have the blinkers on for spring carnival mate...... What can't you see......
The game was OVER when a red card forced Riddell to play with 16 players on the giant Clarke Oval, and one of their better players missing 2 and a half quarters.

1. He pleaded guilty

Incorrect.
1. He pleaded guilty.
2. He was guilty on his own say so and the view of the panel.
3. Red card should not have been given for a tripping charge - umpire admitted it should have been yellow card or a charge for either kicking or unbecoming conduct which would have been a red card according to the rules.
4. Tribunal deemed the penalty was sufficient that player had missed the remainder of the game and he was given reprimand.

If you are going to post results, ensure you give ALL the facts

You can’t view that footage and possibly say it only warrants a free kick. It was a filthy act. A trip is an automatic one week according to afl vic rules but it was worse than a normal trip in my view.

Lol filthy act?

0 weeks and an apology from the umpire. I can say free kick only as the umpire and league have confirmed this.

But stick with your bias view if it helps you sleep better at night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleaded guilty to tripping. Tripping is not red card offence. It’s why he received an apology for the error. On viewing the footage they knew they made a mistake.

It was a free kick - not worthy of any card and definitely not worthy of a suspension.

A red card has to be for the worst offences.

I think you find your so called apology was in fact conceding that it shouldn’t have been called a trip and should have been called worse.

I’d like to know where in the rules /by laws that a trip is a yellow card only offence anyway. The league i’m from, almost every report is a red card.

That act was also clearly deliberate and I agree with dons81, far exceeded a standard trip.

While we deal in facts. 16 players were on the field for approximately 1 minute. 29 minutes of playing with 17. Yes that is significant but if you don’t want to play a player down, don’t do stupid s**t.

I also hear the footage was not viewed in the tribunal as everything came down to the charge as per the report form.

I think you find your so called apology was in fact conceding that it shouldn’t have been called a trip and should have been called worse.

I’d like to know where in the rules /by laws that a trip is a yellow card only offence anyway. The league i’m from, almost every report is a red card.

That act was also clearly deliberate and I agree with dons81, far exceeded a standard trip.

While we deal in facts. 16 players were on the field for approximately 1 minute. 29 minutes of playing with 17. Yes that is significant but if you don’t want to play a player down, don’t do stupid s**t.

I also hear the footage was not viewed in the tribunal as everything came down to the charge as per the report form.

No matter how you look at it or your thoughts on the red card to get 0 weeks is a clear umpiring error.

No player should ever be red carded for anything that results in no suspension.

McConnell gone from Macedon, Summerfield pretty much a done deal back to Gisborne could maybe throw Knox and Waters in there too an with Sunbury going hard after Cooke the cats could find themselves dropping down the ladder

Maybe they felt like it was punishment enough for the bloke, knowing that his dirty act was a major reason they lost the grand final!
McConnell gone from Macedon, Summerfield pretty much a done deal back to Gisborne could maybe throw Knox and Waters in there too an with Sunbury going hard after Cooke the cats could find themselves dropping down the ladder

From what I know summerfield considering retirement more than anything

As for the others you have mentioned, knox, waters and cooke have all re-signed. If they can add a couple of quality mids to cover the loss of mcconell they will be right up there again. Mind you they didn't even have mcconell for the second half of the year and of course the whole finals campaign, so the team is already used to life with out him in there.

No matter how you look at it or your thoughts on the red card to get 0 weeks is a clear umpiring error.

I suggest you read the VCFL rulebook. The laws state tripping is a yellow card offence, not a red. In addition, a guilty plea can receive a penalty of a reprimand. This is the ruling of the tribunal.

I suggest you read the VCFL rulebook. The laws state tripping is a yellow card offence, not a red. In addition, a guilty plea can receive a penalty of a reprimand. This is the ruling of the tribunal.
Great - so a clear error in giving a red card.

What a shame the umpires robbed the crowd of what could have been a classic grand final.

Great - so a clear error in giving a red card.

What a shame the umpires robbed the crowd of what could have been a classic grand final.
Simple case of the Karma bus hitting them fairly and squarely between the eyes.

Perhaps u could even call it the curse of the Treweek after his bs academy award performance at the tribunal 3 weeks prior.

Ha ha ha ha, Poor player behaviour was always gonna be their downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back