RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-season not too far away, so a good time to get into season 2018 discussion.
Rupo first summer session starts tomorrow night, expecting to see most of the 2017 list, those that have left have left with the Sharks blessing and will prove to be very replaceable.
The new fellows to be introduced to the group who the Sharks feel should nicely compliment the 2017 list and hopefully propel them onward and upward.

$hit they're keen at Rupo, but if you've had a week like me at Flemington you too would be itching to sink the teeth into something else ha ha!!!

As club's obviously look to kick off for 2018, are we still two senior coaches light, namely at Macedon and Lancefield?

Great first night on the track for the Rupo Sharks with 50 predominantly senior lads working hard on a balmy mid 30's November night. Fantastic to see all the new boys down, also great to see the return of Matt Smith and Ben Keay who are both potential new senior recruits having played senior footy at Rupo before.
On a side note it was also good to see that every player who had already signed was at training, contrary to some opinions from those up the road at the Sunbury Lions who seem to have no problems talking to contracted players of this club, not sure why don't they don't just focus on signing players who are looking for a club and not those that are already signed with their current club.

Roll on 2018

Lancefield AGM tonight at 7.30. Laurie Green Pavilion.
Things are progressing well. Strong applicants for coaching both netball and football.

Good news for those involved, I noticed a tweet saying training was also due to start last night ..... hope a few got along

Good news for those involved, I noticed a tweet saying training was also due to start last night ..... hope a few got along
Heard there was about 20 there.
Training again tomorrow night. 6 pm start
I'm confident when football coach and assistants announced it will create momentum that the Tigers have not seen for a few years.

Heard there was about 20 there.
Training again tomorrow night. 6 pm start
I'm confident when football coach and assistants announced it will create momentum that the Tigers have not seen for a few years.
How the AGM go last night?
Whos coaching them?

How the AGM go last night?
Whos coaching them?
News re Chis Collins old now.
AGM very well attended, numbers well up on last year.
Clark Todd President. Clark is a life member and has been a trainer at the club for many years.
Nick Walsh Vice President. Nick owns and runs North Western Real Estate.
Gina Morgan Treasurer. Gina is a experienced banker. Currently working for Bendigo Bank In Bendigo.

Secretary duties are being shared, Samantha Bender being the main person for communication purposes.

Great to see lots of people full of enthusiasm putting up their hands to join the committee.

Netball coaches will be announced very shortly.
As will football assistants.

She's all aboard The Tiger Train by the sound of it, good onya's :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sean Hetherington signed on at Collingwood VFL side
Signed on a fair while ago with the blessing of the Tank, has signed for Rupo to be his Home club still so pies games will depend on how many AFL listed players are playing VFL, he expects to play a bit for Rupo and qualify, great club leader.

Rupo first summer session starts tomorrow night, expecting to see most of the 2017 list, those that have left have left with the Sharks blessing and will prove to be very replaceable.
The new fellows to be introduced to the group who the Sharks feel should nicely compliment the 2017 list and hopefully propel them onward and upward.

Hey Humphrey , what does "left with the sharks blessing" mean ?? Does it mean that a player should feel humbled and privileged to have played with your "Great" club?? Really, players come and go , I don't think a player would give a rats toss bag whether the "Great" Rupertswood Football club gave their "Blessing" or not.:thumbsu:

Hey Humphrey , what does "left with the sharks blessing" mean ?? Does it mean that a player should feel humbled and privileged to have played with your "Great" club?? Really, players come and go , I don't think a player would give a rats toss bag whether the "Great" Rupertswood Football club gave their "Blessing" or not.:thumbsu:
Thanks for the clarification on what leaving players feel, It was a statement about players coming and going and that they are usually replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back