RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you legend still believe diggers will be the team to Beat
On a serious note you left a few out of that list
Bradford will only twigg there list you have to play within the points system
Also a lot of guys there will be into there third and second years giving them a great base to build on with some ripper kids in Dallas & wade Zoll and bullas to name a few and a few more local lads returning from up north
They should finish 4-6 injuries allowing also the draw if they make finals will hold them in good sted
Good to see your trying to fly under the radar! that's not going to last long! LOL

Its quite annoying that people on here no more than there letting on with recruits ect. Blokes like myself who have moved away from the area and dont get the gossip you blokes get, we use this site as our knowledge of pre season for the rdfl. So if you now who clubs have recruited please tell!

Its quite annoying that people on here no more than there letting on with recruits ect. Blokes like myself who have moved away from the area and dont get the gossip you blokes get, we use this site as our knowledge of pre season for the rdfl. So if you now who clubs have recruited please tell!
Understand olly but you let it out and then cop the crap so as they say once bitten twice shy

why would burlak stick around triple premiership capitan who has watched mercenaries upon mercenaries walk in and out especially over the last 2 years while he has put him body on the line for his club (although would have been handsomely reward for this, could have easily shopped himself around) owes the club nothing .. Good to see wallan recruiting experienced quality players, but it is dissapointing how much some clubs underestimate where this league has moved too over the last 3-5 years like centrals signing Melton Bloods 2's players as boom "recruits"... Unfortunately looks like another year of the big 5 V the rest.

Id like to weigh in on the steve burlak situation. There is no doubt he has been loyal to romsey and after 10 years at the club i dont see any real drama about him moving on. I dont think i agree with what everyone keeps saying tho that he owes romsey nothing. Its never as simple as that. People keep mentioning mercenaries coming and going at romsey but that is happening at every club. Imo steve is no different to any other player in the sense that if romsey didnt look after him he would not of stayed for ten years. Ive seen first hand how romsey have supported steve thru tribunal appearences on grand final eve, long injury periods, failure to train or seek injury treatment and failure to attend games as captain and support team mates while injured. Like i said its never cut and dry. Steve has been great for romsey but romsey have also been great supporters of steve.i had lunch with him last Saturday and discussed his move to rupo which i think will be good for him but loyalty to the very end to his club would have been a better note for him to retire on whenever that is imo.

Last edited:
Do you think a player opens themselves up to more criticism for moving clubs when they actually go to a rival club within the same league?

Not in the RDFL mate it's quite acceptable and to be honest it wouldn't be an off-season round these parts without it so highly unlikely Steve will be the last.

A fair number over the years have been more than comfortable running out against "mates" when a couple of extra quid is on offer :D

Id like to weigh in on the steve burlak situation. There is no doubt he has been loyal to romsey and after 10 years at the club i dont see any real drama about him moving on. I dont think i agree with what everyone keeps saying tho that he owes romsey nothing. Its never as simple as that. People keep mentioning mercenaries coming and going at romsey but that is happening at every club. Imo steve is no different to any other player in the sense that if romsey didnt look after him he would not of stayed for ten years. Ive seen first hand how romsey have supported steve thru tribunal appearences on grand final eve, long injury periods, failure to train or seek injury treatment and failure to attend games as captain and support team mates while injured. Like i said its never cut and dry. Steve has been great for romsey but romsey have also been great supporters of steve.i had lunch with him last Saturday and discussed his move to rupo which i think will be good for him but loyalty to the very end to his club would have been a better note for him to retire on whenever that is imo.
Yes Romsey has been good to Steven & for the last 10 years, I think the coaches could pencil him in as an automatic inclusion for the upcoming year & Steven could have demanded more cash, so it has worked both ways. I cant comment on Steven not attending games & supporting his team mates, as that didn't happen during my time, but the injuries were a concern especially running off the field & not through the interchange in one final
I'm tipping from this earlier post Slyone, that no one would be more surprised than you about his move.
Yes Blueboy fair to say, I am shocked to see Steven leave the RFC, I suppose everyone has their price, or maybe he felt he needed a change, whatever the reason, it is my belief that Steven was great for the RFC & the club was great for him. Mongrel made some valid points & I would have to agree with him on most. The RFNC HAS BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL IN THE PAST 6,7,8, YEARS, A CLUB IS ALL ABOUT CULTURE & I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT CONTINUE, THE CULB HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL DUE TO THE PEOPLE WHO RUN & SUPPORT IT, I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO REMEMBER THAT, ITS IN THE HARD TIMES WHICH MATTER THE MOST. STICK TOGEATHER, DONT FRACTURE & CONTINUE THE TRADITION. GO REDBACKS!

How far away from naming a coach Slyone ? I do apologise if it has been named and I have missed it somewhere.

I'm not in the club snymore RDFLNUT sorry i csnt answer that question.
Who does know normally the romsey crew run a muck on this site but all is very quite on the western front
Considering they had just gone back to back you would have thought they would be all ove this
Any one got any rumours re what's going on cmon fire up lads :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Romsey has been good to Steven & for the last 10 years, I think the coaches could pencil him in as an automatic inclusion for the upcoming year & Steven could have demanded more cash, so it has worked both ways. I cant comment on Steven not attending games & supporting his team mates, as that didn't happen during my time, but the injuries were a concern especially running off the field & not through the interchange in one final

Yes Blueboy fair to say, I am shocked to see Steven leave the RFC, I suppose everyone has their price, or maybe he felt he needed a change, whatever the reason, it is my belief that Steven was great for the RFC & the club was great for him. Mongrel made some valid points & I would have to agree with him on most. The RFNC HAS BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL IN THE PAST 6,7,8, YEARS, A CLUB IS ALL ABOUT CULTURE & I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT CONTINUE, THE CULB HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL DUE TO THE PEOPLE WHO RUN & SUPPORT IT, I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO REMEMBER THAT, ITS IN THE HARD TIMES WHICH MATTER THE MOST. STICK TOGEATHER, DONT FRACTURE & CONTINUE THE TRADITION. GO REDBACKS!
Just reading this have you heard something
So have they come upon hard times and your saying most have jumped ship ????

I'm hearing Helmers doing it again. Is this the reason for the delayed announcement? Surely if his considering staying on you would wait. From what I hear his an outstanding coach that probably should be coaching in a higher league. (No offence to the RDFL)

Just reading this have you heard something
So have they come upon hard times and your saying most have jumped ship ????
No mate just no coach atm, lost their captain & a few others. They have some very good young talent & it maybe time to rebuild, you cant win the flag every year but it's the sought of club you can never underestimate.

No mate just no coach atm, lost their captain & a few others. They have some very good young talent & it maybe time to rebuild, you cant win the flag every year but it's the sought of club you can never underestimate.
Correct they need to find a way to keep the kids coming through at there club some great talent there tessari x2 Connor whelan Ricky wood Patterson boys o Sullivan Notman just to name a few they have to play these kids and rebuild or risk them looking else where if offered the dreaded $$$

Karl Norman already signed at Glenrowan

Been plenty in this situation in recent times yet still jump ship, and let's be honest for a bloke of his standard I doubt footy for Glenrowan would be too challenging

I'm hearing Helmers doing it again. Is this the reason for the delayed announcement?

Let's hope not ..... (wishful thinking from me) but here's hoping the sighting of Helmers in Kilmore about 15-20mins ago is footy related :D

If not isn't Gisborne still looking?

Last edited:
Let's hope not ..... (wishful thinking from me) but here's hoping the sighting of Helmers in Kilmore about 15-20mins ago is footy related :D

Gisborne have already announced their coaching appointment.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good rumour or sighting of a coach in enemy territory hey.

If Helmers had a dollar for every club he is supposed to be coaching next season he probably wouldn't need to coach, not for the cash anyway. Sightings and rumours from length and breadth on the RDFL and beyond I hear.

Seriously though if and when he does decide to go around again wherever or whoever he coaches will definitely have one of the best going around, his record over the past 4 season is testament to that, in my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back