RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFLL is spot on. The days of BFL reserves players walking in as RDFL senior players finished 3-5 years ago unless it's exceptional circumstances. Top clubs especially it's unlikely

Lucky to be called that! Are you suggesting he is or has actually delivered more than that? In fairness though on a serious note I have not seen lots of him I used him as an example of a guy that came with a reasonable rep and whilst he was one that played regularly I would not say he has made a major contribution to this league. There are plenty of others I am sure even your club could name that come and play combo of ones and reserves, great for depth, but lets not talk about them as being hidden gems until they deliver something. That's the exact talk that inflates ego's and gets club in trouble with player payments. Again, my opinion.
We must have a different opinion of what the term "fringe player" means then. A fringe player to me is one that is in and out of the ones and twos. From what I have seen he is far better than that. Also, from what I hear the reason he didn't get much of a go at Gisborne was due to a personality clash with the senior coach at the time not his ability.

We must have a different opinion of what the term "fringe player" means then. A fringe player to me is one that is in and out of the ones and twos. From what I have seen he is far better than that. Also, from what I hear the reason he didn't get much of a go at Gisborne was due to a personality clash with the senior coach at the time not his ability.

Yes correct Jack, terminology. I refer to fringe as someone in the bottom end of a senior team. I look at players ranked 15-25 the same meaning if any of them play you are no better off or worse off than another so refer to them as fringe or depth players. That is the top teams though that have that type of depth usually. I see your point Jack though with him as I am not aware if he ever played a reserve game in this comp so on your terminology agree. Dons spot on, those days are long gone in this comp. The top end is stronger than half the teams in both Ballarat and Bendigo so if your struggling or not in regularly at a club in the mid rungs of those comps, don't come to this comp and think you will be much better.

Yes correct Jack, terminology. I refer to fringe as someone in the bottom end of a senior team. I look at players ranked 15-25 the same meaning if any of them play you are no better off or worse off than another so refer to them as fringe or depth players. That is the top teams though that have that type of depth usually. I see your point Jack though with him as I am not aware if he ever played a reserve game in this comp so on your terminology agree. Dons spot on, those days are long gone in this comp. The top end is stronger than half the teams in both Ballarat and Bendigo so if your struggling or not in regularly at a club in the mid rungs of those comps, don't come to this comp and think you will be much better.
Agree there :thumbsu:

Tom May and Fitzgerald would make Macedon heavy favorites for next year in my opinion. May is exactly what they need. The only way they could fit them in their points would be to lose a few of the previous years recruits. Harrison is a gun on 4 points but they have others they could easily afford to lose on 3-4 points. By my reckoning Knox is 5 points, Waters 4, May 4-5, Fitzgerald 4 all depending on Gisbornes B and F results.

Macedon also has the best draw of the contenders in my view.
Fitzgerald played one match for gisborne reserves this season and didnt play at all during 2014 season , what would his point value be worth ?
A forward line of kenny ( still up in the air if he is playing due to shot knees) and know would be a headache for any backmen in most leagues.
There is some serious talent coming into the rdfl next year

Fitzgerald played one match for gisborne reserves this season and didnt play at all during 2014 season , what would his point value be worth ?
A forward line of kenny ( still up in the air if he is playing due to shot knees) and know would be a headache for any backmen in most leagues.
There is some serious talent coming into the rdfl next year
3 points

Tom May and Fitzgerald would make Macedon heavy favorites for next year in my opinion. May is exactly what they need. The only way they could fit them in their points would be to lose a few of the previous years recruits. Harrison is a gun on 4 points but they have others they could easily afford to lose on 3-4 points. By my reckoning Knox is 5 points, Waters 4, May 4-5, Fitzgerald 4 all depending on Gisbornes B and F results.

Macedon also has the best draw of the contenders in my view.
Based on them points and they got no bonus points may have to play with 16

Based on them points and they got no bonus points may have to play with 16
They are guesses mate. I don't know where they came in best and fairest. I'm sure Macedon are all over it. We also don't know who Macedon has lost. Fitzpatrick, Gardiner, Sykes and Henderson all taking a few points too. If they have lost a few could fit them easily.

I wonder if Lancefield made the correct decision with the appointment of the sacked Tullamarine coach when they appointed Cash Manning.
He couldn't attract players to Tullamarine , except for his school teacher mates and they are at the end of their use by date.
Did anyone up in the RDFL ever wonder why he's not coaching in the EDFL.
He can't attract players , isn't interested in promotion of young kids , runs a mates only senior side , isn't interested in anyone that won't play in the senior side and has the personality of a clipboard.
He will openly tell you he only coaches for the money.
I'm a really big fan of Ash.. I find him to be an outstanding coach.. with a club that could not field an Under 16s and Under 18s team, the only way to develop young players is through the Reserves and Seniors.. they were competitive in many games this year and their recruits were quite impressive.. Jon Kent is one of the most entertaining players to watch.. the Barton boys were excellent.. the locals performed quite well.. there was a lot to like about last year.. numbers at training were low from time to time .. like any coach, if you get good numbers to training, coaches can do more work with them including fitness and techniques.. and that translates into positive results on game day.
I find coaches that have a teaching or managing background, do a very success job.. I've umpired with a few teachers over the journey and the way they communicate with players in the heat of the battle and other umpires in getting the right decision.. it's something unique and impressive.. Ash has a background in teaching, and hearing him on match day and at training, you can really see his teaching skills quite clearly.. give him a Senior team with an Under 18s team to improve on junior players, which it looks like will be the case.. then watch the great results happen..

I wouldn't doubt that the club would welcome some extra help to carry the club forward in a positive position, especially from those on BF ;)

Tough calls on Ash Manning, he has been there for 16 games. I would ask a deeper question, how come guys like Leigh Erwin, Brian Roughell, Tom Waters, the Burketts and am sure plenty of others that people could name, have gone to other clubs in this league for success. You get all the ex lancefield guys back at that club and they would have an outstanding list. Strong club Lancefield and with right people hope they can get back to the top.

Eas
Tough calls on Ash Manning, he has been there for 16 games. I would ask a deeper question, how come guys like Leigh Erwin, Brian Roughell, Tom Waters, the Burketts and am sure plenty of others that people could name, have gone to other clubs in this league for success. You get all the ex lancefield guys back at that club and they would have an outstanding list. Strong club Lancefield and with right people hope they can get back to the top.
easy go get dean helmers as coach and that would happen

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bendigo maybe champ, not the Ballarat league. Darley would put any side away by 15 goals plus in this competition. That is a big call pitting top rdfl sides in the callibre of the top 6 Ballarat league sides, still a fair way off. Aknowledged rdfl beat the Nepean league this year, have a look at the vic country rankings, still a way to go but best of luck to sides next year and hopefully keep getting the league stronger!

Bendigo maybe champ, not the Ballarat league. Darley would put any side away by 15 goals plus in this competition. That is a big call pitting top rdfl sides in the callibre of the top 6 Ballarat league sides, still a fair way off. Acknowledged rdfl beat the Nepean league this year, have a look at the vic country rankings, still a way to go but best of luck to sides next year and hopefully keep getting the league stronger!

Did not say they would beat the top sides in either comp, although didn't Diggers the last two years run if not beat Ballarat sides in praccy games a week out from the season including Darley and yes I know it was a praccy but they were not smashed. What I did say was "The top end is stronger than half the teams in both Ballarat and Bendigo", meaning the bottom half of each comp so mid way and up pending what the team is so if your in the bottom half teams of those comps and a fringe player, chances are you be a fringe player in the RDFL. I don't think the Vic country league rankings are an indication at all to identify a leagues strength, you get the best 22 footballers from any comp, get them to play with each other and I am sure you would have a fairly even game of footy. granted Geelong, GVFL, Ovens do attract the higher end talent and more of it.

Did not say they would beat the top sides in either comp, although didn't Diggers the last two years run if not beat Ballarat sides in praccy games a week out from the season including Darley and yes I know it was a praccy but they were not smashed. What I did say was "The top end is stronger than half the teams in both Ballarat and Bendigo", meaning the bottom half of each comp so mid way and up pending what the team is so if your in the bottom half teams of those comps and a fringe player, chances are you be a fringe player in the RDFL. I don't think the Vic country league rankings are an indication at all to identify a leagues strength, you get the best 22 footballers from any comp, get them to play with each other and I am sure you would have a fairly even game of footy. granted Geelong, GVFL, Ovens do attract the higher end talent and more of it.
Bet you haven't seen a game in another competition during a season in an awful long time! Your beloved rdfl is woeful. Darley would beat your inter league side by ten goals.

Bet you haven't seen a game in another competition during a season in an awful long time! Your beloved rdfl is woeful. Darley would beat your inter league side by ten goals.

You got me, yeah I only watch rdfl! I watched plenty footy across the region this year at all levels including your beloved darley who were very good. But really who cares, you got your opinion I got mine, no skin off mine, I respect there are good footballers in all comps.

Last edited:
You got me, yeah I only watch rdfl! I watched plenty footy across the region this year at all levels including your beloved darley who were very good. But really who cares, you got your opinion I got mine, no skin off mine, I respect there are good footballers in all comps.
Dont get upset bud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back