RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking to a few in the know Keston they have a good business plan with plenty of off field support to lend a hand.

You can recruit without the Chq book right?

I believe they have followed the Broadford blue print which they hope will hold them in good stead as everyone there is playing for unders right ?
Spot on

First time poster gents, but from what I am seeing and hearing Wallan will be right up in the mix in 2016.
They have recruited very heavily with quite a few from craigieburn heading up the highway.
Also Macedon are looking very strong with the recruits they have picked up from Gissy.Diggers will be hard to beat again this year from all reports and don't right off the Romsey machine although a few heading to Elmore up the bush and a few others contemplating their future with the club.
Sunbury are losing a fair few from all reports but every club needs a clean out now and then to rejuvenate the list.
Riddell always seem to retain players and will be ok again in 2016.
Not much news on Lancefield or Broadford on the recruiting side of things, but if the Roos can keep their list together again and recruit a few watch out I reckon.
From all reports the boys at Rockbank may find this coming season a little toughas quite a few departing the same as Woodend.
Melton are an unknown quantity but if they are able to cast the net far and wide around the district could be a bolter with anew ground and all.
Top 6 in 2016 for me
Diggers
Riddell
Macedon
Broadford
Romsey
Wallan
Sunbury
No ruppo ???? Don't think so perhaps we can go top 8

I think there will be a change of landscape for a lot of clubs next year. Top 6...
Diggers (surely one more round at the big dance)
Broadford (retained and recruited)
Riddell (hopefully I'm wrong and they slip, can't write them off)
Rupertswood (lost a couple but recruits can fill that void!)
Romsey (it's Romsey)
Centrals (recruited very well, plus a lot more players to announce have signed if rumours are true)

I think there will be a change of landscape for a lot of clubs next year. Top 6...
Romsey (it's Romsey)
Centrals (recruited very well, plus a lot more players to announce have signed if rumours are true)
No macedon?

No ruppo ???? Don't think so perhaps we can go top 8
I'm not sure anyone can take Rupo seriously. They have not won a final since they came into the league. They were beaten up by Broadford in the finals this year and the scoreline flattered them in the end. No doubt they have good kids coming through but without some bigger bodies around this young talent, they will be found out in the brutal assault on finals. Chambers and Gaunt will be massive losses and if true that Burlak from Romsey is going there well I rest my case, don't get me wrong he has been a good player but his body struggles to hold up now. Thee is no doubt that they have the best junior set up in the competition and are very professional in the way they run the club and I hope they prove me wrong but sorry stats don't lie.
I apologise for the 7 that I listed but I couldn't seperate Rupo, Wallan,Sunbury for that 6th spot.

Romsey (it's Romsey)
Any word on who Broadford have recruited Danger as it seems Skip and his crew are keeping low key at this stage.

I'm not sure anyone can take Rupo seriously. They have not won a final since they came into the league. They were beaten up by Broadford in the finals this year and the scoreline flattered them in the end. No doubt they have good kids coming through but without some bigger bodies around this young talent, they will be found out in the brutal assault on finals. Chambers and Gaunt will be massive losses and if true that Burlak from Romsey is going there well I rest my case, don't get me wrong he has been a good player but his body struggles to hold up now. Thee is no doubt that they have the best junior set up in the competition and are very professional in the way they run the club and I hope they prove me wrong but sorry stats don't lie.
I apologise for the 7 that I listed but I couldn't seperate Rupo, Wallan,Sunbury for that 6th spot.
Gaunt is gone but Chambers isn't going anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this will put some rumours to bed.

4007c93ed73b46ea643e4ec3d024d639.jpg

That's just a ridiculous and unjustified presumption there are other ways

Because Rupertswood have been linked to Dean Putt they are throwing the chq book around but Anyone linked to Broadford it's due to other ways and not the $$$ ??

Diggers Rest, Kangaroos, Romsey, have been around the mark for years as they have spent the most, Macedon last year made an enormous amount of ground on the back of spending big coin on Kenny, Harrision, Fitzy, Henderson etc....

Unless Wallen and Melton have recruited 12-15 plus quality players the 6 will not change next year. They are coming from a mile back but geez it's great for the RDFL that the competition is closing and more and more quality local footballers are drawn to the league.

It's a real shame the Kilmore FNC have departed but having a club in operation in any league is better then not having one at all.

I wish the playing group and all involved at the club the very best going forward.

Order will look like the below at seasons end.

Diggers Rest
Riddell
Broadford
Macedon
Romsey
Rupertswood

I know.... how can they actually be shelling out $$$ when they're working outa shipping containers, they're yet to get walls and a roof on the hydroponic set-up and can't even afford a matching singlet for the boom recruit :D

I know.... how can they actually be shelling out $$$ when they're working outa shipping containers, they're yet to get walls and a roof on the hydroponic set-up and can't even afford a matching singlet for the boom recruit :D

Maybe that's exactly why they are now starting to spend Doona as they clearly not spending coin elsewhere, lol

In all seriousness, good on them. They have been the hunted for years, talented players year after year been poached while they were in the Ammos, I for one would like to see their kids hang around and be rewarded with some finals success

It's Broadford. A club that's now notorious for spending. Big spenders will always be up there. It's the nature of the beast.
I'm not sure what any club spends to be honest Danger and nor do I care, but saying Broadford are notorious for spending seems a bit harsh. They have only played in one finals series since they rejoined the comp. I think you may find others are more notorious for spending than the Roos. But if they did spend last year they seemed to have got the mix right to make it to the prelim. Things must be going south at Romsey if the captain has gone to Rupo. But gee they have done an almighty job to win back to back. It's just a shame that the coach couldn't go on again to try for 3 straight.
Let's just hope we have another good year of footy cause that's what we all love !!!

Both McGoverns on the move from Rupo to Lalor too apparently. I agree with the sentiments that Rupo are doing the right thing trying to recruit. They just need to make sure they get the right guys and don't pay too much for guys that won't make a huge difference. Would think they would be targeting guys like Herherington at Willy for the money mentioned. That would be a big get.

MP I think it's a disgrace. Romsey have made him the captain for the last 10yrs, & now maybe going through tough times you think loyalty would prevail. Also watch out for hurricane Fitz, clubs he has coached previous struggle for a few years after he leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back