RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster gents, but from what I am seeing and hearing Wallan will be right up in the mix in 2016.
They have recruited very heavily with quite a few from craigieburn heading up the highway.
Also Macedon are looking very strong with the recruits they have picked up from Gissy.Diggers will be hard to beat again this year from all reports and don't right off the Romsey machine although a few heading to Elmore up the bush and a few others contemplating their future with the club.
Sunbury are losing a fair few from all reports but every club needs a clean out now and then to rejuvenate the list.
Riddell always seem to retain players and will be ok again in 2016.
Not much news on Lancefield or Broadford on the recruiting side of things, but if the Roos can keep their list together again and recruit a few watch out I reckon.
From all reports the boys at Rockbank may find this coming season a little toughas quite a few departing the same as Woodend.
Melton are an unknown quantity but if they are able to cast the net far and wide around the district could be a bolter with anew ground and all.
Top 6 in 2016 for me
Diggers
Riddell
Macedon
Broadford
Romsey
Wallan
Sunbury
The 4-5 Craigieburn lads heading to Wallan all spent time in the reserves this year at the eagles, a couple can play and will go well. 'Nugget' nolan will do a good job believe theres A few others he has signed not stars but should see wallan improve and not be easybeats i would say just miss the top 6

MP I think it's a disgrace. Romsey have made him the captain for the last 10yrs, & now maybe going through tough times you think loyalty would prevail. Also watch out for hurricane Fitz, clubs he has coached previous struggle for a few years after he leaves
I would have thought that considering he has been there 10 years suggests he has shown loyalty over a long period of time. From my limited knowledge, year after year he has been the first to commit at the start of each season , without shopping himself around for a higher price . It would be hard to sit back and watch blokes walk into your club, fill their pockets for a year and then walk out like the club means nothing to them.
He doesn't owe the Redbacks anything.

MP I think it's a disgrace. Romsey have made him the captain for the last 10yrs, & now maybe going through tough times you think loyalty would prevail. Also watch out for hurricane Fitz, clubs he has coached previous struggle for a few years after he leaves
Not sure I like this potting of coaches. Many of them work huge hours and often for little or no financial gain. It's a bit of a free hit against them on here because most are not going to come on to defend themselves. Fair enough if it's related to a match but some of it gets a bit personal. It's an incredibly tough job these days.

Both McGoverns on the move from Rupo to Lalor too apparently. I agree with the sentiments that Rupo are doing the right thing trying to recruit. They just need to make sure they get the right guys and don't pay too much for guys that won't make a huge difference. Would think they would be targeting guys like Herherington at Willy for the money mentioned. That would be a big get.

Hey Dons, keep up the good work champ.. Just thought I would mention I'm not aware Hertherington in leaving Willy. Think his giving VFL another year..
Cheers

I seem to recall playing alongside Steve at Lancefield so not like he came from Romsey anyway ;)

why would burlak stick around triple premiership capitan who has watched mercenaries upon mercenaries walk in and out especially over the last 2 years while he has put him body on the line for his club (although would have been handsomely reward for this, could have easily shopped himself around) owes the club nothing .. Good to see wallan recruiting experienced quality players, but it is dissapointing how much some clubs underestimate where this league has moved too over the last 3-5 years like centrals signing Melton Bloods 2's players as boom "recruits"... Unfortunately looks like another year of the big 5 V the rest.

why would burlak stick around triple premiership capitan who has watched mercenaries upon mercenaries walk in and out especially over the last 2 years while he has put him body on the line for his club (although would have been handsomely reward for this, could have easily shopped himself around) owes the club nothing .. Good to see wallan recruiting experienced quality players, but it is dissapointing how much some clubs underestimate where this league has moved too over the last 3-5 years like centrals signing Melton Bloods 2's players as boom "recruits"... Unfortunately looks like another year of the big 5 V the rest.

They've recruited Gilmore and Obrien. They are pretty massive. As of recruiting twos Melton players, I think just getting players across helps create positivity and show locals that players within the area want to go across to Centrals. They need all the positivity they can get after their previous season.

I've seen a lot of guys from other clubs move to different clubs and go from twos to ones and play great footy. Some blokes need that confidence boost for being labelled a big recruit can help that player turn themselves around. It's amazing what improved confidence and fitness can do to anyone, especially someone on the cusp.

Plus, Burlak doesn't owe Romsey nothing. He has been a great servant! Wish him all the best at Rupo

Players wanting to come to your your club and being happy to have them and happy to promote it doesn't make them "boom recruits"
Get back to your other forum where you write stuff like "signed sealed and delivered" and end up looking like a fool!

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big signing to be announced out of Diggers Rest, If they don't win it next year they never will.

Many thought that two off season's ago after the narrow GF loss to Riddell - nothing a given these days.

Just going over the draw for 2016. From my observations it looks as though Wallan, Lancefield got the plumb draw this year and fair enough.Woodend a little stiff having to play Macedon,Riddell and Diggers twice.
All in all a pretty good draw and should be an interesting season.

Your wrong on this one Butterbing! Steven has been a loyal servant to the RFNC for many years, he owes the club nothing! He could have shopped himself around but never did, it was always the club first in Stevens philosophy, he is a gentleman & a fine young man, sometimes the time comes when you need a change of clubs to rejuvenate yourself, i think it will be good for Steven & i wish him well & I'm sure Romsey with their youth will be competitive once more! Diggers may as well keep their money in the bank, Broadford have everyone covered!

Chris Judd, James Heard, James Podsiadly, Patrick Karnezis & Barry Hall
How are you legend still believe diggers will be the team to Beat
On a serious note you left a few out of that list
Bradford will only twigg there list you have to play within the points system
Also a lot of guys there will be into there third and second years giving them a great base to build on with some ripper kids in Dallas & wade Zoll and bullas to name a few and a few more local lads returning from up north
They should finish 4-6 injuries allowing also the draw if they make finals will hold them in good sted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back