RDFL 2017 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t ... and morally it has cost me plenty of opportunity over the past 15 years or so, but hand on heart I wouldn’t change a thing.
I reckon enough zeros on the end well ?? and we all have a price what I'm saying is the price today isn't that of past days and as most have said on this site if there offered it who are we to say not to take it. The fact of the conversation is that the prime reason for a lack of loyalty is the $$. As Tom said show me the money

Most players, in most leagues
Not always? Not everyone?
Today's footballers are most ...if there is the odd player who has been around ten years or so might not and probably wouldn't be offered it but even with enough $$$ they could be swayed the green back talks a lot of languages my friend

I reckon enough zeros on the end well ?? and we all have a price what I'm saying is the price today isn't that of past days and as most have said on this site if there offered it who are we to say not to take it. The fact of the conversation is that the prime reason for a lack of loyalty is the $$. As Tom said show me the money

Maybe so, but as long as we are all gainfully employed in non football environments I'll stand by my long standing thoughts that sadly Local footy doesn't build character in people .... more often than not it reveals it

Just been at a meeting for people interested in getting involved with Lancefield football netball club going forward.
Clark Todd is going to stand for President.
Nick Walsh for Vice President
Gina Morgan for Treasurer.
Still looking for a secretary, have a few irons in the fire but not confirmed at the moment.

Coaching applications for netball and senior football still open.
There has been some strong interest from favoured sons and daughters interested in returning to take up the reins.
The AGM is on the 14 November at the Laurie Green Pavillion.
Every member past and present are urged to attend. We need everyone to help with the club moving forward.

Just been at a meeting for people interested in getting involved with Lancefield football netball club going forward.
Clark Todd is going to stand for President.
Nick Walsh for Vice President
Gina Morgan for Treasurer.
Still looking for a secretary, have a few irons in the fire but not confirmed at the moment.

Coaching applications for netball and senior football still open.
There has been some strong interest from favoured sons and daughters interested in returning to take up the reins.
The AGM is on the 14 November at the Laurie Green Pavillion.
Every member past and present are urged to attend. We need everyone to help with the club moving forward.
Wish the club all the best it’s a tuff gig in some towns

On a serious topic, a couple of heartbreaking stories of young lives lost in recent weeks. We all know that football clubs and small town communities can be extremely soothing in tough times and rally around the nearest and dearest.
Certainly not here to name names, and I have no doubt the Riddell and Macedon/Gisborne/Salesian College communities are doing everything in the power to assist their families and friends ... but I just wanted to reach out with my thoughts and sympathies to everyone directly (and indirectly like some of us have been) at this rough time.

Having lived thru a horrible outcome of mental health, as well as going pretty close myself 20 years ago it's fair to say there are no rules to any of this, but all I ask is continue to ask questions and show a genuine interest as a simple "hello" or some heartfelt conversation can even impact someone's day in a manner you may never even realise.

On a serious topic, a couple of heartbreaking stories of young lives lost in recent weeks. We all know that football clubs and small town communities can be extremely soothing in tough times and rally around the nearest and dearest.
Certainly not here to name names, and I have no doubt the Riddell and Macedon/Gisborne/Salesian College communities are doing everything in the power to assist their families and friends ... but I just wanted to reach out with my thoughts and sympathies to everyone directly (and indirectly like some of us have been) at this rough time.

Having lived thru a horrible outcome of mental health, as well as going pretty close myself 20 years ago it's fair to say there are no rules to any of this, but all I ask is continue to ask questions and show a genuine interest as a simple "hello" or some heartfelt conversation can even impact someone's day in a manner you may never even realise.
well said Doona, very wise words, I think footy clubs can sometimes get things wrong with worrying about how physically fit their list is, albeit the big question is "are u ok". Much more work needed to show that's it's ok to not be ok if u wanna talk or need help ur friends and support are there. These things are not club challenges they are league and community learnings that we can all come together help out where possible.

well said Doona, very wise words, I think footy clubs can sometimes get things wrong with worrying about how physically fit their list is, albeit the big question is "are u ok". Much more work needed to show that's it's ok to not be ok if u wanna talk or need help ur friends and support are there. These things are not club challenges they are league and community learnings that we can all come together help out where possible.

100% agree, and I have ready been talking with someone involved with your league about it. Although I’m not qualified “on paper” i do currently have a few lads I check in on and are more than willing to get involved with anymore younger folk who could simply do with some support beyond their nearest and dearest as often opening up to your inner sanctum is the hardest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope not as they were extremely thin below the top 18 having to play under 18s.
Going on this years result blooding those u/18's and giving them a taste of senior footy has panned out well for them.
Yes there are some reserves sides filled with past greats etc still enjoying a kick which is fantastic, but im sure these guys wouldnt begrudge a youngster from within being given a chance.
I agree clubs do need some depth to fall back on if injuries etc hit, but to me its the kids coming through who should be given a chance as they are the future of any football club and especially now with the points and salary cap in place.
Home grown talent is worth its weight in gold and i think now more than ever clubs will be putting more into their junior programs than previously so.

Interesting seeing Macedon has still no coach
Reckon fitzy would be a great selection
Not allowed to continue at Ruppo and going back to back at Macedon
Wow that would have some great stories and posts going down
His more than qualified for the position :)

It would be a good story and pick up for the cats.

But Rupo did offer the job to him mid year but he wouldnt commit until after the season and his decision was dependant on their results, which puts the club in a tough situation.
Tough call was made. No one is bigger than a club...

Lancefield in any kind of position to make a play to get him back there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back