RDFL 2017 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all locals supported pokies.
This was all settled years ago.
It's a shame the pub has closed down every town needs a pub. It and the footy club are very important to the social well being of the town

Not all locals support Sport, or the Catholic Church etc etc but you just choose whether it’s for you or not, and if it’s not that don’t mean it’s bad just not the liking of some.

Romsey B&F
Matt Burkett 1st
Jack O'Sullivan 2nd
Connor Whealan 3rd
All three are under 22 years old! Bright future at the Redbacks

Not all locals support Sport, or the Catholic Church etc etc but you just choose whether it’s for you or not, and if it’s not that don’t mean it’s bad just not the liking of some.
Agree apparently rent a crowd this will affect a hell of a lot in a town like Romsey even property value place needs a major revamp has a need for dome major infrastructure changes

Cam Milward to Riddell. Played a fair bit up bendigo way and for boort. Don't no much about him tho

Milward goes good, add young Dyl Tarczon too and Riddell will be it up to their ears again in 2018.

Not with club just got it off fb. Said Sims still at club. He's done well to be there in the job for that long.
Lads I noticed all B&F results on here except Diggers & Riddell. Do we know who ran top 3 with them?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

still two clubs to secure senior coaches for 2018 ..... keep filling in any gaps, alter any of my errors men or throw up who's going where as she aint an RDFL off season without club hopping, or even bull$hit rumours ha ha
  • Broadford ......... Bray
  • Wallan ............... Nolan
  • Lancefield ......... OPEN ???
  • Romsey ............ O'Sullivan
  • Riddell .............. Elliott
  • Woodend .......... Carland
  • Macedon .......... OPEN ???
  • Rupo ................ Ash
  • Kanga's ............ Leydin
  • Diggers ............ Lobb
  • Centrals ........... Sproule
  • Rockbank ........ McInerney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s/news-story/27a68f0595416012d4bfdcef5a6e8bc9

Some may think this article is irrelevant to the Rdfl however I reckon this type of scenario will definitely flow on to effect many clubs.I understand Jordans frustration as its ripping the guts out of them with no easy answer to the problem.

That makes 9 in total from Sunbury & Rupo at St Albans - 10 if you include Cooke. Shame they don’t spend their coin on developing their juniors. Sadly, I agree, this will continue.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s/news-story/27a68f0595416012d4bfdcef5a6e8bc9

Some may think this article is irrelevant to the Rdfl however I reckon this type of scenario will definitely flow on to effect many clubs.I understand Jordans frustration as its ripping the guts out of them with no easy answer to the problem.

Very relevant, players come and go at this time of the year, no doubt Sunbury Lions are talking to players at the moment. Some even speak to an other clubs players when they are at that clubs function like one local coach did at a function this year. Most powerful thing though to start with is signing your current list and keeping them happy before season's end and more importantly before they get the chance to speak to other clubs.

Roll on summer training

That makes 9 in total from Sunbury & Rupo at St Albans - 10 if you include Cooke. Shame they don’t spend their coin on developing their juniors. Sadly, I agree, this will continue.

You think that maybe.. just maybe, the players that leave places might not enjoy the club they are at? Possibly hear good stories about the club they're going to? Maybe feel like they have more chance to win a premiership at the new place?

Its really easy to Blame StAlbans for 'Wholesale Poaching' or not developing there juniors but if you dont give players a reason to want to leave they wont - its that simple - more players will stay at a club they love being at for less coin if they feel
1 - the club values them as players and people
2 - the club is successful and have a chance at winning
3 - The are remunerated relative to what they think is fair - not 'Market Value' - you'll be surprised what a good footy ops negotiator can achieve.

Yes there will always be exceptions to this and guys that go because the money offered is too large, but these are young men building there futures and a few hundred extra a week is a lot of money when it comes down to it.

You think that maybe.. just maybe, the players that leave places might not enjoy the club they are at? Possibly hear good stories about the club they're going to? Maybe feel like they have more chance to win a premiership at the new place?

Its really easy to Blame StAlbans for 'Wholesale Poaching' or not developing there juniors but if you dont give players a reason to want to leave they wont - its that simple - more players will stay at a club they love being at for less coin if they feel
1 - the club values them as players and people
2 - the club is successful and have a chance at winning
3 - The are remunerated relative to what they think is fair - not 'Market Value' - you'll be surprised what a good footy ops negotiator can achieve.

Yes there will always be exceptions to this and guys that go because the money offered is too large, but these are young men building there futures and a few hundred extra a week is a lot of money when it comes down to it.

Whilst there is salary cap disparity, this will continue to occur.
I'm sure if clubs had the facility to pay those players they may well have stayed.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back