RDFL 2017 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon one of the top 5 sides won't play finals in 2017
Is that based on 1 of the top 5 sides losing players? or 1 of the sides that didn't make the finals in 2016 gaining players?

I mean when you think about it, if Sunbury had have played all legal players it would have played in the Finals anyway.

Have done some good recruiting by the looks, have Corso from Rupo, Burgess from Lions, Farmer ex Romsey and also Lob ex Romsey. May lose Ellard though who is apparently doing the summer with Werribee and Trimboli has joined Lions.

Is that based on 1 of the top 5 sides losing players? or 1 of the sides that didn't make the finals in 2016 gaining players?

I mean when you think about it, if Sunbury had have played all legal players it would have played in the Finals anyway.

Have done some good recruiting by the looks, have Corso from Rupo, Burgess from Lions, Farmer ex Romsey and also Lob ex Romsey. May lose Ellard though who is apparently doing the summer with Werribee and Trimboli has joined Lions.

Lobb and farmer were mentioned the other night at broady. The club was fairly confident both will be heading to broadford

Would not think either would have gone broadford if not for the changes at broadford this year

My top 5 for next year
Diggers
Rupo
Riddle
Wallan
Macedon

Broadford will be putrid - heaps leaving to go play Up in the central Murray league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing Diggers very confident of signing 2 ex Afl players soon.Good on em I say if all comes under points and cap.Gunna be mighty hard to beat next season.
Surely if they sign 2 more ex afl they will be the first to examined by the league. Going to be hard for them to stay under the $110 k as it is. Points wont be an issue with everyone dropping 1 that has stayed on from last season.

Surely if they sign 2 more ex afl they will be the first to examined by the league. Going to be hard for them to stay under the $110 k as it is. Points wont be an issue with everyone dropping 1 that has stayed on from last season.
What if Diggers can find a job for these ex AFL players it wouldn't cost a lot in match payments to get them on board ?

But what if they have jobs.
If there found jobs will need to be above board super tax etc etc
True they may have jobs already but the club might have a network which gives them a better job. It makes sense to help players out. Especially when players from AFL can struggle to find meaningful work away from the bubble which is the AFL. All should be looking at these options to reduce their outgoings.

We will have room for these 2 boys within our cap and points. Players are now waiting at Bloomdale gate wanting to join so we can use the points system to scale payments inline with points for responsible list management. It eventually gets to a situation where 1 pointers are playing for the same cause.

So why continue to recruit ex AFL players who you say would rather play for peanuts rather than a croissant say in the edfl or nfl etc why not start playing the kids as the under 18!program has seen diggers 18s play finals ..
Your point is just another way of saying what other clubs say we all didn't come down in the last shower .....
Does make you wander why they are playing rdfl when at the level they can play is still good footy. Play because you love the game as i did 20 years ago or just go through the motions and get an extra 30k in your bank to help your retirement. Higher leagues have a wider branch of better paying jobs, so if its a job they need thats where id be heading.

What if Diggers can find a job for these ex AFL players it wouldn't cost a lot in match payments to get them on board ?
What so they get a job which pays them an additional $1200 for working at the game on any Saturday in winter, please? We all didn't come down in the last shower, these blokes aren't playing to get good jobs, it's all about the coin, that's all it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back