Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives:

- Was critical of Gaff in the first half, but he had a big second half, as did Shuey. Redden was good all day.
- Gov and Hurn the obvious ones, but the whole defence was fantastic. Duggan doesn't get enough love.
- Rioli is such a dynamic player, something we haven't had much of in recent years.
- Venables will be a very fine player once he puts on some weight.
- Lycett, big effort, kudos.
- Kennedy/Darling combo.
- Waterman's workrate is huge, won some key contests, just needed to convert.

Negatives:

- The obvious.
- Still susceptible to teams transitioning at pace.

+ figure09 imminents departure
+ we beat them for the first time at the g in 23 years
+ all round performance by everyone
+vardy sheed and ryan and barrass ready to go

- nic nat however still not convinced its an acl i think its a strain
- **** you gary lyon you homewrecking campaigner
-**** you umpires

Its surely an ACL. Just that little movement on the inside of the knee and his whole reaction afterwards. They do the movement tests and for Simmo to come out the way he has is pretty damning.

EDIT: No, im not commenting on it. Last time I said anything about Nic's knee he was out for 18 months.

In St John we trust.

Massive win.No excuses, all commentators admitted it was big.pies away on a 7game winning streak.after Nic Nat injury reaction was massive.Gaff was huge in third.in front of 53k.This win was so big that if we make it to GF you will see why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be more shattered about NicNat if we didn't already go through the same thing last year. At least this year we got Lycett up and going and playing.
Yeah, I feel really sorry for him that his best years have been robbed by injury. We'll never see what he could have been. However, I think the team will be fine. We'll have to play more defensively at stoppages but Lycett and Vardy is a good combo.

+ Ve's

- Thought Jetta had a blinder. Fantastic use by foot off the half-back line, and really set up our attack off HB and wing.
- Cole and Duggan rock-solid.
- Ball skills were fantastic all-around by the team.
- Kennedy and Darling great first games back.
- Rioli is improving by the game.

- Ve's

-Venables needs time to find form.
- Cripps was non-existent... Might be on the block next week.
- Nic Nat Injury...

+ Ve's

- Thought Jetta had a blinder. Fantastic use by foot off the half-back line, and really set up our attack off HB and wing.
- Cole and Duggan rock-solid.
- Ball skills were fantastic all-around by the team.
- Kennedy and Darling great first games back.
- Rioli is improving by the game.

- Ve's

-Venables needs time to find form.
- Cripps was non-existent... Might be on the block next week.
- Nic Nat Injury...

I would not have Venerables as a negative - he played his part in the 2nd half and was good. Needed his run and pace. He stays in, for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back