Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GF day shapes as an absolute ripper and sees arguably the two most structured senior defensive sides play off.
IMO 7 sides only a month ago had reason to believe they were a chance, keeping in mind the two grand finalists were 3rd and 7th after 19 rounds .
Whilst although often over looked, the A grade netball competition has been just as tight after an amazingly tight season where any of the top 5 could have made the GF.
The reserves prelims were extremely tight, whilst the undefeated u17 and u14 sides, had one of their closest games in the prelims.

GF day shapes as an absolute ripper and sees arguably the two most structured senior defensive sides play off.
IMO 7 sides only a month ago had reason to believe they were a chance, keeping in mind the two grand finalists were 3rd and 7th after 19 rounds .
Whilst although often over looked, the A grade netball competition has been just as tight after an amazingly tight season where any of the top 5 could have made the GF.
The reserves prelims were extremely tight, whilst the undefeated u17 and u14 sides, had one of their closest games in the prelims.

Who are your tips across the grades ?

Who are your tips across the grades ?

My predictions:
Seniors: Picola (just) - They are the best side we played in the qualifying final. It will be a battle of a champion team against a team of champions. Murray, Porter and Ednie will need to all fire to have a chance. Although a concern for Picola is Strahorn hasn't really fired yet and Rennie have still been able to win. Will be a great game.
Reserves: Deni - A very good reserves side. Waaia will try and save something out of the season but Deni will be to strong.
3rds: Katunga have been the best side all year
4ths: Deni like wise, even without Ray Murphy.

Tonight:
1st: Cristani - Strathy
2nd: Kerr - Deni
3rd: Connor - Waaia
4th: Beard - Picola
5th: Morgan - Deni

Good luck to everyone tonight and on the weekend.

Watchin the count n it is very cringeworthy
The host is a tosser
Trying to be funny n isn’t n hittin on the b grade netballer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The host is a tosser
Agreed Gator, ruined the night a bit in my opinion, including some baffling questioning of the award winners. Granted you could tell most weren’t great public speakers he did them no favours what so ever.

The host is a tosser

Also agree - he has a history of wanting to put footy terminology onto netball which IMO is highly disrespectful and downright dumb, very unprofessional - pretty sure GA isn't equivalent to FF and netball teams don't win by a couple of kicks (we hope anyway :eek:)

Having watched the young lad O'Dwyer play Saturday him seems a worthy recipient of the rising star from those nominated. Well done young man.

Just curious - he said he was 16 years old - is there a reason he wasn't included in the interleague team?

Also, have to wonder if the Rennie thirds would have made it to the GF if they had O'Dwyer playing against Katunga - even if for only part of the game as other clubs have done in similar situations (eg Picola had K Wise playing in the 3rds GF last year and then he backed it up in the Seniors for what has been described by many as a match winning performance) :think:

Also agree - he has a history of wanting to put footy terminology onto netball which IMO is highly disrespectful and downright dumb, very unprofessional - pretty sure GA isn't equivalent to FF and netball teams don't win by a couple of kicks (we hope anyway :eek:)

Having watched the young lad O'Dwyer play Saturday him seems a worthy recipient of the rising star from those nominated. Well done young man.

Just curious - he said he was 16 years old - is there a reason he wasn't included in the interleague team?

Also, have to wonder if the Rennie thirds would have made it to the GF if they had O'Dwyer playing against Katunga - even if for only part of the game as other clubs have done in similar situations (eg Picola had K Wise playing in the 3rds GF last year and then he backed it up in the Seniors for what has been described by many as a match winning performance) :think:
In regards to the o'dwyer- wise comparison and game time played in third v seniors , I think o'dwyer should be more compared to jorgenson in that he has been a starting 21 player, whereas wise and in rennies case Kennedy has been the preferred sub and playing in the 3rds.

In regards to the o'dwyer- wise comparison and game time played in third v seniors , I think o'dwyer should be more compared to jorgenson in that he has been a starting 21 player, whereas wise and in rennies case Kennedy has been the preferred sub and playing in the 3rds.

What about kids like at Katunga who play thirds and seniors week in week out. They doubled up most of the season

Or alternatively compared to the Katunga boys who played full game of thirds QF in the morning and backed up starting in senior EF that arvo at a different venue. May also be other examples out there of boys being full parts of both 3rds and seniors week in week out and not just subbing.

On the issue of subs - do or don't games as the sub count towards senior games played or does that depend on whether they actually get on the field?

edit : (sorry Whats the crack posted this and saw your post didnt mean to double up)

Or alternatively compared to the Katunga boys who played full game of thirds QF in the morning and backed up starting in senior EF that arvo at a different venue. May also be other examples out there of boys being full parts of both 3rds and seniors week in week out and not just subbing.

On the issue of subs - do or don't games as the sub count towards senior games played or does that depend on whether they actually get on the field?

edit : (sorry Whats the crack posted this and saw your post didnt mean to double up)

Plenty of examples where u17’s play 2 games weekly and end up with injuries such as osteitis pubis and other wear & tear injuries. Also, Need to be mindful of junior development, not winning u17 flags. The quicker (within reason) players can play with men, the better there preparation for senior football at any level. The sub rule and u14/17 programs are part of the overall development program.

I believe if a player is physically & mentally upto senior footy, they play in the 21 or as Sub, and not to prioritise u17 games. Premiership’s are fantastic at that level but junior development is the main aim.

What about kids like at Katunga who play thirds and seniors week in week out. They doubled up most of the season
I am of the view that where 3rds numbers permit , 3rds aged kids should only play 1 full game a week.
Whether that be solely in the seniors or 50/50 3rds and senior . If that comes at the expense of junior grade success so be it.

Haha this count is as much of a joke as the umpires who gave the votes.
On this point theintimidator it is interesting observingr games , listening to coaches speak , what is said from the interchange box and amongst supporters and I have not seen any incidence from any of the 4 clubs who played last Saturday where they have looked to blame umpires, when they don't look like or don't win , or perform to a high level.

Last edited:
On this point theintimidator it is interesting observingr games , listening to coaches speak , what is said from the interchange box and amongst supporters and I have not seen any incidence from any of the 4 clubs who played last Saturday where they have looked to blame umpires, when they don't look like or don't win , or perform to a high level.

Well that's convenient, an observation made by YOU that suits YOUR argument. What a suprise.

The umpiring at the prelim at strathy was not to bad. Probably the best i witnessed all year. Unfortunately that was the exception rather than the rule. But you go ahead and keep painting the picture you want everyone to see.

Well that's convenient, an observation made by YOU that suits YOUR argument. What a suprise.

The umpiring at the prelim at strathy was not to bad. Probably the best i witnessed all year. Unfortunately that was the exception rather than the rule. But you go ahead and keep painting the picture you want everyone to see.

Not that my opinion matters. But I think the umpiring on Saturday across the board was fantastic, across all grades the umps understood that it was tough finals footy. Whereas Sunday left me abit flat, with umpires forgetting that it's a game of footy not an opportunity for them to feel important

If the picture you think I want to paint is that the 4 clubs who played on the weekend don't appear to publicly blame umpires for losing or a poor performance , you are spot on /
It should also be noted you are the one who continually brings this topic up , painting as picture to suit your agenda.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back