Picola & District North West 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The North West can't be all that bad. A few Murray league clubs have been chasing a few of our guys so we must be doing something right.

The North West can't be all that bad. A few Murray league clubs have been chasing a few of our guys so we must be doing something right.

Being a born and bred local Berrigan boy years ago, now living in QLD , I havent seen much on gamedays, but surely there cant be such a gap in the standards of both divisions. Some one said on this post a couple of days ago Rennie would beat Berrigan or Jerilderie by 10 goals if they played against each other.Is this the general opinion from you guys.Would be interested to hear your opinions.

Stop embarrassing yourself and your club, there may be very creditable people within your club who may be considered for involvement within interleague and your ongoing FIG expressions ain't doing anything to promote thier involvement , you might like to mention this to your alter ego .;)
I have been a long time reader of big footy and never really felt the need to register and have a say but fair dinkum billabong creek if you are just after a reaction congratulations you got me . are you really seriously telling me that Aaron Purcell and john walker for starters wouldn't walk into any se team and if you are then that medication you've got isn't working. I don't see enough of either side of the league to even contemplate nominating a rep team but I would love Billabong creeks advice on how I can get around and see every game every weekend so I can become as knowledgable as him.

Honestly pace i wouldn't even worry about keeping on responding to him/her!! Which ever it is lets pretend its a he, he's obviously a spud 2's player at best who knows nothing about footy but everything about opposition teams, comps, leagues & interleague squads! He obviously hasn't & never will achieve anything in footy besides being a 200 game water/orange boy cause every club needs 1 of those!! :thumbsu:
Hey, don't pass that user onto my gender thank you very much.:eek: Let's say he IS a HE. Small man syndrome I would suggest something not commonly found on the NW. :)

Hey, don't pass that ****** onto my gender thank you very much.:eek: Let's say he IS a HE. Small man syndrome I would suggest something not commonly found on the NW. :)

Hahahahaha My appoligies WouldIlietoyou, didn't mean to offend the female race, my wife would kill me hahahahaha!!!! Your exactly right on the last comment, all football experience aside 1 thing I love about the NW league compared to the SE is every club in the NW league has basically 90% homegrown talent making them good family local clubs, SE i would say (due to their locality to larger towns) would recruit in more outside players making their ratio 50-50 at best?? Cant beat a good family club IMO..........

Instead of shooting off at the mouth before u read all Wouldilietoyou's posts u would've seen the last 1 stating that SHE (yes its a lady) would leave the selections up to the guys meaning that she is just having her say & her opinion would be that she thinks there would be some players in the NW that could be up 4 selection & that she isn't quite up 2 speed on who exactly those players would be! Also if as you say "he's putting it out there" instead of jumping on the NW board ranting & raving if u's want to put an interleague side out there the pair of u should do some research 1st on players from both comps instead of just picking the best 1's from the SE (all be it biased) & saying try fit some NW players in there! Personally as i have played 4 teams on both sides, yeah the SE may have teams that are stronger overall but let me tell you the difference between the top 4-6 players in all sides in both comps would be very even! I guess time will tell with who they pick come selection time! All said & done does it really matter as long as the PDFL beats the KDFL cause i want to put to bed more the fact which of these 2 leagues are better rather than to argue amongst ourselves!! Have a good 1..................
Has there been any indication how this side will be selected and who will be involved in the process. You would hope the best side would be put on the park regardless of which division and if that means 22 from one division then so be it.That would never happen IMO because I agree that the top 4-6 in any team are pretty close. The drop away would seem to be more on the NW because as has been stated they tend to have more juniors coming through due probably to geography and tightness of budgets. I would think what I have seen of both Picola and KDL there wouldn't be a great deal of concern for PDFL if they put close to their best team on the paddock.I have seen a lot more of Murray League over the last few seasons but am getting excited about the way PDFL is improving itself year after year and playing rep footy again has to be another big step forward. Anyone know when a 2012 draw will be available or does it have to be held until the 1u situation is resolved.

Has there been any indication how this side will be selected and who will be involved in the process. You would hope the best side would be put on the park regardless of which division and if that means 22 from one division then so be it.That would never happen IMO because I agree that the top 4-6 in any team are pretty close. The drop away would seem to be more on the NW because as has been stated they tend to have more juniors coming through due probably to geography and tightness of budgets. I would think what I have seen of both Picola and KDL there wouldn't be a great deal of concern for PDFL if they put close to their best team on the paddock.I have seen a lot more of Murray League over the last few seasons but am getting excited about the way PDFL is improving itself year after year and playing rep footy again has to be another big step forward. Anyone know when a 2012 draw will be available or does it have to be held until the 1u situation is resolved.

Hey hh, the pdfl have already released the draw (u can find it on the sporting pulse website) but they have already changed it once since releasing it & also as u stated about the 1U situation it could very well get changed again?
Hopefully for both parties sake they come 2 a decision in the near future...

As for the interleague debate I'm not sure they have even announced a coach/coaches as yet (hopefully its an independent coach as they would have more time 2 view games in both leagues 2 select the best team possible) so that debate will continue on until the new year 1 would think? Maybe PTF could be able 2 shed some light on both these topics??

Re: Picola & District North West 2011

Hey hh, the pdfl have already released the draw (u can find it on the sporting pulse website) but they have already changed it once since releasing it & also as u stated about the 1U situation it could very well get changed again?
Hopefully for both parties sake they come 2 a decision in the near future...

As for the interleague debate I'm not sure they have even announced a coach/coaches as yet (hopefully its an independent coach as they would have more time 2 view games in both leagues 2 select the best team possible) so that debate will continue on until the new year 1 would think? Maybe PTF could be able 2 shed some light on both these topics??
I believe it's being considered that the league has two rep games , on the same weekend , one versus the KDFL and one versus the Tallangatta league .
With the make up of those likely being ??
- a first and second side
- NW and SE sides
- Open age and a age restricted side ?
Personally don't support two sides as it would be a huge drain on resources and it would significantly effect the prestige of playing interleague Footy , especially if it's one of the first two options ??
I've always supported the idea of a under 21/23 rep side to give a greater opportunity for players to play rep Footy beyond under 17's , however wouldn't support it happening in the same weekend ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the PDFL NW has to wait another week b4 the Polas BEar Hunter makes his comeback?? just 20kgs to go:D

Magic frog,
Is Berrigans new coach going to coach from Berrigan as a live in resident or coach from say Wangaratta where he resides,ie if he resides in Wang. And will he bring any players with him.

Magic frog,
Is Berrigans new coach going to coach from Berrigan as a live in resident or coach from say Wangaratta where he resides,ie if he resides in Wang. And will he bring any players with him.

He wont be living in Berrigan but will be here when he is needed, he already has commitment from a mate, not sure his name, but ill suess we will fing out more with training starting this Friday.

He wont be living in Berrigan but will be here when he is needed, he already has commitment from a mate, not sure his name, but ill suess we will fing out more with training starting this Friday.

New berrigan coach actually lives in shepparton and currently works in wodonga so is used to a bit of trouble.

On another note was talking to a guy from out picola way and he seems to think they may struggle this year. May not be able to field a thirds side and up tp 12 players going elsewhere or retiring. Can anyone out there shed some light on this?

New berrigan coach actually lives in shepparton and currently works in wodonga so is used to a bit of trouble.

On another note was talking to a guy from out picola way and he seems to think they may struggle this year. May not be able to field a thirds side and up tp 12 players going elsewhere or retiring. Can anyone out there shed some light on this?

Sounds well qualified for the Berrigan coaching job then. :D

can't shed any light on it at the moment but jeez I hope it's not right. They may have been missing success over a fair period but from what i have seen you don't get to many easy games against them. They appear to be a well run club with lots of support so hopefully they can work thru it if it is right. Have they not just completed or are completing pretty big improvementd to their ground.

Picola & District Football Netball League
MEDIA RELEASE
Wednesday, 30 November 2011
WUNGHNU FOOTBALL CLUB
Being in recess during the 2011 football/netball season, it was intended the Wunghnu Football Club would rebuild the club to best ensure it was a viable and a valued member of the Picola District Football League into the future. Recent discussions with Wunghnu have taken place with representatives of the PDFL Executive, their clubs and the VCFL with a view to re entering the competition in 2012.
Having presented the clubs position on occasion and finally on Tuesday night (November 29th) it was decided that the Wunghnu Football Club shall remain in recess for the 2012 season.
Whilst acknowledging the effort and dedication the clubs committee has shown, the PDFNL have made the decision to have the club remain in recess citing a lack of confidence in the clubs ability and potential to be sustainable and viable.
“Given consideration to the clubs precarious financial position and the uncertainty of key criteria of football and netball player numbers, the PDFL, in consultation with the VCFL, are not convinced that it is in the best interests of any party for Wunghnu to compete in 2012” said PDFL President Bruce Tuhan.
The lack of confidence in the club has accumulated over an extended period of time and there was insufficient evidence presented to suggest the club has been rebuilt sufficiently whilst in recess. VCFL North East Area Manager John O’Donohue said “It was the intention, that whilst in recess, should the club and its community be committed to the Wunghnu Football Club, that significant actions would have been taken and the evidence of the clubs viability obvious, however, that has not been the case”.
The club is still facing issues with player numbers, their own internal structure, inadequate facilities and infrastructure whilst their financial position has been an ongoing concern and has not improved. “In future years, the PDFL would entertain further applications from Wunghnu to re enter the league provide it can evidence its viability” said Tuhan.
THE END

Apparently if germano gets another crack with hay, he wants young macdonald from rovers and also Ricky gittens, Darcy pouge, Jack Tyndal, Daniel Jordan and Josh weelan from rams. He is also confident that These boys can convince close mate, Reid Crowe to make the trek over from finley ? Would be big news if they could land Crowe and gittens
just to let you know that all the rams boys staying at rams but did offer heaps for gittens twins and jordan

just to let you know that all the rams boys staying at rams but did offer heaps for gittens twins and jordan
I am sure GP will be pleased. Begs the question MFL boys being offered "heaps" by so called lower leagues should they spruik too much on here considering PDFL kids are fielding offers from higher leagues? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back