Picola & District North West 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok tarzan, How about you be polite and wait for your SE counterparts to help you out first as you have requested. Some may feel you are a tad biased towards Rennie! Hold on you posted this even before consulting them. Oh dear the arrogance of Rennie.:p I am sure the NW boys can consult on this and get a consensus, I think that is called teamwork. ;)

Crikey, hope I didn't offend you Jane! Why wait for my counterparts - this is my team. Biased? I thought I was being conservative :D. Arrogant? Hope Rennie are never seen in that light. Gotta let us enjoy our time in the sun though. Took us 19 years to get one. I reckon we're enjoying it just as much as the boys at bezza. Come on, try and think for yourself. Give us a team or at least some names worthy of getting in the team. Or can't you think for yourself?:eek:

Big Hawk, not wanting to get involved with yours and Pace's tiff but i dont think Pace has bagged the Saints, would be happy for you to show me where he has done so.
Also any one from the Demons on here?? was told last night that they are offering Chase Big$$ and wanted to know if it's crap or not.

BFNC is Barooga Football Netball club Frog, The Big Hawk is a Passionate Barooga man.

Crikey, hope I didn't offend you Jane! Why wait for my counterparts - this is my team. Biased? I thought I was being conservative :D. Arrogant? Hope Rennie are never seen in that light. Gotta let us enjoy our time in the sun though. Took us 19 years to get one. I reckon we're enjoying it just as much as the boys at bezza. Come on, try and think for yourself. Give us a team or at least some names worthy of getting in the team. Or can't you think for yourself?:eek:
Nah not offended Tarzan,I was simply trying to point out that I hope the process for our interleague team is a tad less biased than your comments. I don't want our players value undermined by biased opinions of league standard.
Its one thing to enjoy your time in the sun, great knock yourself out, but does that include insulting your sibling league?? Just doin the motherly thing and cracking you across the head for being a smart arse. :D
Now I would like this taken a little serious actually, first things first, the process of selection. I suggest that a coach from each side be appointed, either as joint coaches or Coach and Assistant. Not for political reasons but practical reasons. Selectors from each side be appointed and I would suggest they view their opposing leagues games not their own as surely they would know own leagues players. Or maybe work in pairs and view games together? If the process of selection is viewed as fair and professional I suggest that maybe alot of ill feeling maybe averted? One thing we do agree on is put our best team in.
As for me making selections, well I havent seen your guys so I would have to view some photo's first. Just mark their preferred position.......on the footy field that is.... and I will get back to ya!! :D;)

No offence to these bozzola boys but ive got a bit to do with the dogs and recruiting and havent heard their names brought up at all. If josh? Is a forward cant see why we would need to recruit him with the new coach and a chf coming...

We must be getting conflicting info then, was told Mr Downie rang them personally, i can tell you the $$ amounts to if u want a PM?
But it is the silly season with out there romours and wild $$ amounts, everyone that is involved in a club knows that the club dont run with out spending $$. Whunghnu are hoping they can do it with a 60k turnonver and good on em if they can, atleast our $$ amounts arnt like those being quoted on the O&M thread, 120k for 3 players from Melb!
When is everyones pre-seasons starting and who is geting excited with there new recruits already??

Nah not offended Tarzan,I was simply trying to point out that I hope the process for our interleague team is a tad less biased than your comments. I don't want our players value undermined by biased opinions of league standard.
Its one thing to enjoy your time in the sun, great knock yourself out, but does that include insulting your sibling league?? Just doin the motherly thing and cracking you across the head for being a smart arse. :D
Not too sure where I insulted NW my jungle inhabiting friend. I put together a SE team (maybe a tad biased). I only know the Bezz and Jerilderie players. I could only nominate Gorman to force his way into that team and as good as Sanderson and Purcell have been, I'm not sure how they went this year. Don't know if any other Demons could force their way in but happy to be corrected.

I am genuinely interested to know what NW boys would make the team. There's got to be some on this forum who have been around a while and know the SE names from b4 the split. If someone could for example say that player x from NW would certainly be a better CHF than a Cowan, than that would give me a greater appreciation of your players.

Not too sure where I insulted NW my jungle inhabiting friend. I put together a SE team (maybe a tad biased). I only know the Bezz and Jerilderie players. I could only nominate Gorman to force his way into that team and as good as Sanderson and Purcell have been, I'm not sure how they went this year. Don't know if any other Demons could force their way in but happy to be corrected.

I am genuinely interested to know what NW boys would make the team. There's got to be some on this forum who have been around a while and know the SE names from b4 the split. If someone could for example say that player x from NW would certainly be a better CHF than a Cowan, than that would give me a greater appreciation of your players.

More your post of the SE thread to be honest. Suggesting the NW will kick up a stink if not equal numbers so selectors may do political thing to spread the numbers. That to me is a tad patronising that is all. As I do see the importance of the interleague team and I know I have no clue really I will leave debate of players to the guys. Lets just say I will adjudicate and call bullshit when I see it! :) So good discussion continue on.

If common sense is to prevail one would say it is unlikely that all 8 teams from SE would be ten goals better than all 8 teams in NW. A combined ladder would probably see the strong SE clubs up top say 3/4 of em then a couple of NW in the mix for finals spots. Would NW clubs have a hope of a flag in this group probs unlikely. But that is why the split came to give more clubs the chance of playing finals and securing a flag. Chest beat all you like as what does it matter. Both comps seem relatively even, NW particularly which makes for great footy. I will say I hope NW has a fair say in selection of interleague just to be sure we get a fair go.

i reckon it will be the likes of you who will kick up a stink if not many nw boys make it lol. i can just see it now the likes of you sooking if the team isn't half nw. i can see this interleague thing becoming a farce if the politics is going to come into it. step up to the plate and nominate some players from nw to go into plages team. as least he is putting it out there. you get on and post enough to suggest you might know a few. or is it heaven forbid a concession that the gap is wide and stuff all nw players would genuinely make the team if they are fair dinkum about it. :thumbsdown: the silence is defeaning

i reckon it will be the likes of you who will kick up a stink if not many nw boys make it lol. i can just see it now the likes of you sooking if the team isn't half nw. i can see this interleague thing becoming a farce if the politics is going to come into it. step up to the plate and nominate some players from nw to go into plages team. as least he is putting it out there. you get on and post enough to suggest you might know a few. or is it heaven forbid a concession that the gap is wide and stuff all nw players would genuinely make the team if they are fair dinkum about it. :thumbsdown: the silence is defeaning
Do you know the difference between fair and equal? I said fair. If we were one league there would be a difference in standard between the top side and bottom but all players would be equally considered. Even the bottom side may have a player worthy of selection. I want the same procedure with the league split. I am merely concerned that attitudes such as you are exhibiting now that SE players may be given a priority for no other reason than you think your league is better. I want NW to ensure it has an equal say in discussion of selection. Is that really too much to ask?
If NW only has one rep and that was decided by a fair system you won't hear a word from me. For the purposes of interleague selection please try to view us as one league in the interests of fair play to the individual players who may relish the opportunity to represent the league.

I reckon there'd be a huge amount of interest in an NW v SE interleague match, with the PDFL team to be picked from that. Should sort out most of the consternation.....

Instead of shooting off at the mouth before u read all Wouldilietoyou's posts u would've seen the last 1 stating that SHE (yes its a lady) would leave the selections up to the guys meaning that she is just having her say & her opinion would be that she thinks there would be some players in the NW that could be up 4 selection & that she isn't quite up 2 speed on who exactly those players would be! Also if as you say "he's putting it out there" instead of jumping on the NW board ranting & raving if u's want to put an interleague side out there the pair of u should do some research 1st on players from both comps instead of just picking the best 1's from the SE (all be it biased) & saying try fit some NW players in there! Personally as i have played 4 teams on both sides, yeah the SE may have teams that are stronger overall but let me tell you the difference between the top 4-6 players in all sides in both comps would be very even! I guess time will tell with who they pick come selection time! All said & done does it really matter as long as the PDFL beats the KDFL cause i want to put to bed more the fact which of these 2 leagues are better rather than to argue amongst ourselves!! Have a good 1..................

We must be getting conflicting info then, was told Mr Downie rang them personally, i can tell you the $$ amounts to if u want a PM?
But it is the silly season with out there romours and wild $$ amounts, everyone that is involved in a club knows that the club dont run with out spending $$. Whunghnu are hoping they can do it with a 60k turnonver and good on em if they can, atleast our $$ amounts arnt like those being quoted on the O&M thread, 120k for 3 players from Melb!
When is everyones pre-seasons starting and who is geting excited with there new recruits already??
I've spoken to a person from who knows downie and it was a figure of speech of the amount that was offered to bozz boys

Anybody know the sparey boys and how they go?

1st post there swatson? Wlecome to BF, dont know them personally but from what ive seen watching them play they can hold their own on the field, but i'd say fitness was their only down fall, could tear a game apart in the 1st half but then fall off after the break! Why's that is ur club looking at recruiting them? Which club/league are u involved in??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[/B]

And I hope they are fair dinkum and pick the best team! Not give in to bullshite politics and keep the numbers from NW and SE even just to keep the peace. For a bit of fun pick this apart. Here's my stab at a 2011 SE rep team. Besides Gorman from Berrigan getting in there somewhere, who else (and who for) from NW would get into this side???

B. Wolfe (R) Gillespie (SE) O'Reilly (Kats)
HB. Gilmour (W) Mangan (R) Woods (R)
C. Frappell (SE) Doyle (T) Morrison (SE)
HF. Dodd (T) Cowan (W) McCabe (R)
F. Payne (T) Strawhorn (R) H Best (SE)
Foll. Osborne (SE) Lewis (R) Kitto (DU)
Int. O’Callaghan (R) Bigg (Katy) Ednie (R)
Coach. Ramsdale (R)

Plague, if you were to take the best player from every club , you'd be that close to the best 16 it wouldn't be worth worrying about, likewise , 2 from every club would go close to being the best 32 , it ain't politics it's an unbiased opinion , which is desperately required or interleague footy won't be supported nor will it see prolonged success .
IMO , either conference claiming it has a better top 50 players than the other is kidding itself ?

Plague, if you were to take the best player from every club , you'd be that close to the best 16 it wouldn't be worth worrying about, likewise , 2 from every club would go close to being the best 32 , it ain't politics it's an unbiased opinion , which is desperately required or interleague footy won't be supported nor will it see prolonged success .
IMO , either conference claiming it has a better top 50 players than the other is kidding itself ?
You're probably right. I'm just trying to get some discussion on a possible PDFL lineup based on the players I know. I'd be interested to hear from NW guys (who know a bit about the players from both divisions) about who could force their way into my team. Anyway, don't want to turn it into a blue. I reckon most clubs would have 1 or 2 blokes at least "worthy" of a spot. I just don't know most NW guys. But I'd hate to see a club like Shepp East only be allowed to have 2 players maximum in when I reckon at least 3 of them (Ossy, Frappell and Gillespie - all absolute guns) are shoe ins. The same goes for boys from my club. I too reckon the selection of the team could end up a bit of a stink unless they have the right blokes (from both divisions) being fair dinkum about it. (Still interested to know which NW boys would be good enough to force their way in to my team though).

You're probably right. I'm just trying to get some discussion on a possible PDFL lineup based on the players I know. I'd be interested to hear from NW guys (who know a bit about the players from both divisions) about who could force their way into my team. Anyway, don't want to turn it into a blue. I reckon most clubs would have 1 or 2 blokes at least "worthy" of a spot. I just don't know most NW guys. But I'd hate to see a club like Shepp East only be allowed to have 2 players maximum in when I reckon at least 3 of them (Ossy, Frappell and Gillespie - all absolute guns) are shoe ins. The same goes for boys from my club. I too reckon the selection of the team could end up a bit of a stink unless they have the right blokes (from both divisions) being fair dinkum about it. (Still interested to know which NW boys would be good enough to force their way in to my team though).
Find it hard for you to claim players are shoe INS when you haven't seen whom they are up against !
I would anticipate that it want be that long before a coach , and possibly selectors are named and in the end of the day provided they take a good unbiased view I'm sure everyone will end up happy .
Interestingly of those SE players you considered ' shoe INS ' how many will move on next year ??? Feel free to answer that in the SE thread . :thumbsu:

I reckon there'd be a huge amount of interest in an NW v SE interleague match, with the PDFL team to be picked from that. Should sort out most of the consternation.....

yes it would but nobody can even come up with anyone good enough from nw to even force there way into the plaaaaaages team of the year! some classic comments on this and the se thread. seems a raw nerve has been hit about the diffrence in divisions. pace to freeze drawing my biggest laughs lately. hooking into standard of murray league and saying how pdfl blokes would be in the top bracket in the mfl - you played mfl or been to a game lately? mfl 2nds would beat most nw 1sts teams. hilarious. the best player from each club could make rep footy? the best player from a number of ur nw clubs wouldnt make tyhe run on side in 1 or 2 of this years se teams. i reckon the top 4 se teams from this year in renne shepp waai and tung would belt the best nw team they could put together . but they cant even do that. bahahaaaa

yes it would but nobody can even come up with anyone good enough from nw to even force there way into the plaaaaaages team of the year! some classic comments on this and the se thread. seems a raw nerve has been hit about the diffrence in divisions. pace to freeze drawing my biggest laughs lately. hooking into standard of murray league and saying how pdfl blokes would be in the top bracket in the mfl - you played mfl or been to a game lately? mfl 2nds would beat most nw 1sts teams. hilarious. the best player from each club could make rep footy? the best player from a number of ur nw clubs wouldnt make tyhe run on side in 1 or 2 of this years se teams. i reckon the top 4 se teams from this year in renne shepp waai and tung would belt the best nw team they could put together . but they cant even do that. bahahaaaa

Is your name Wayne Kerr?

So the NW boys can Make Bushies but not good enough to play for SE. :confused:
Mate you can see the funnyside in this thread all you like I'm glad we can entertain you, but how about you go put that white jacket back on and laugh yourself silly and leave the thread to the sane people.

You idiot you haven't hit a raw nerve. You fail to stay on the topic of conversation which is process of interleague selection. In fact you have offered nothing in way of how you think that should be done and which by the way has nothing to do with last years, this years or any years team. It is getting the process right for this year and moving forward.
Now take the hook out of your mouth as I have enough in this conversation to prove beyond doubt which side of the league has a biased, unresearched and very arrogant opinion and if you guys start sooking these words will come back and bite you and the SE fair on the arse. Just sayin.

Hey billa"smoking"bongs "up s**t"creek u say the NW league is average the SE league must'n be doin 2 good if U's can win a GF after 3years in the system:eek: Just on that yes 3years in this league that is the 1st reason why u have absolutely no idea what so ever on players ability in the NW & 2nd of all if it wasn't 4 the PDFL u would be sitting down the pub every sat afternoon during footy season talking about the what if's so show some respect towards BOTH divisions & ur club, & stop coming on here trying 2 stir s**t up between the NW & SE! Remember we are not competing against each other we are 1 league with a geographical dividedness, but i'm guessing ur 1 of those "there's no I in TEAM but there's a ME" type of person!!!

Stop embarrassing yourself and your club, there may be very creditable people within your club who may be considered for involvement within interleague and your ongoing FIG expressions ain't doing anything to promote thier involvement , you might like to mention this to your alter ego .;)

Don't worry it appears they've arrived , do you have multiple mirrors, with wigs to make it feel like there are multiple, and use name tags to know who's who ?

Honestly pace i wouldn't even worry about keeping on responding to him/her!! Which ever it is lets pretend its a he, he's obviously a spud 2's player at best who knows nothing about footy but everything about opposition teams, comps, leagues & interleague squads! He obviously hasn't & never will achieve anything in footy besides being a 200 game water/orange boy cause every club needs 1 of those!! :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back