Picola & District North West 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure strathy is going pretty well ark, with the gains out numbering the losses 3 fold at this stage. Heard a few names thrown around, but will keep it on the downlow till some sort of official announcment is made or at least untill these guys start training with us in s couple of weeks. I will say its a great mix of ex players returning as well new players to the club brought in by coaching and recruiting staff.

So are u 1 of these TI?? Also have these new recruits shown up 2 training yet to allow them 2 be named or still on the down low??:D

So bit early to predict anything but what do we know so far about teams in season 2012-

1. Berrigan- Lost gormans? Young gun Jack Yelland to play Bushies? Any more noted departures? Have gained a very serviceable CHF/Coach & that they are in a 3 way fight with Jerilderie & Rennie for Hargreaves signature?? Also that they have another big name recruit to announce soon, whether or not that is the Hargreaves thing i'm not sure?

2. Jerilderie- As per usual they are very very quiet & haven't heard if they've gained or lost anyone bar that they are in a 3 way fight with Berrigan & Rennie for Hargreaves signature?

3. Mathoura- Have supposedly lost their core group of midfielders & a few talls with others 50/50? Haven't heard of any gains at this stage?

4. Blighty- Have gained Schoular as assistant coach but the question is will he play? I've heard both! We all know about the Lumbar situation, so the question is will he or wont he? Also its been mentioned before about former player Napier potentially returning from Deni Rams? Other than those 3 I haven't heard if they are looking at anyone else? Also not sure on departures list?

5. Deni- Bode handed over coaching duties to Moodie, but will play on as far as I've heard! Also heard Moodies brother from rams is joining him? McCulloch back for good? Heard some of their young kids are being chased by rival clubs from other surrounding leagues??

6. Yarroweyah- Believe Marty Brooks from Barooga has signed? Heard O'dwyer was off to murray league to play with his brother? Have new playing coach in Jim Cherry, not sure where from?? From what I here they have lost Lucas Olsen & Jimmy Daniels??

7. Strathy- Sean Downie coaching, as previously stated they have some former 2010 premiership players returning & some new recuits coming believed to be from shepp? Did hear old mate doogsy was retiring but have heard that for the last 3years & also heard Shannon Laidlaw had knee reco straight after the season but maybe available in 2nd half of year?

8. Picola- Also nothing from the blues nest either?? Have only heard they are still in talks with a few respectable players & also Walker will return from his broken leg?

So my early predictions for the year would be (could change tho after clearances open:D)-

Jerilderie & Strathy to fight it out on top, Berrigan, Blighty, Deni & Yarroweyah all battling it out very evenly through the middle with Picola & Mathoura to bring up the rear? Anyone else able to add or subtract any of my info please do so? Also anyone keen to put up their 2012 predictions?? Cheers

So bit early to predict anything but what do we know so far about teams in season 2012-

1. Berrigan- Lost gormans? Young gun Jack Yelland to play Bushies? Any more noted departures? Have gained a very serviceable CHF/Coach & that they are in a 3 way fight with Jerilderie & Rennie for Hargreaves signature?? Also that they have another big name recruit to announce soon, whether or not that is the Hargreaves thing i'm not sure?

2. Jerilderie- As per usual they are very very quiet & haven't heard if they've gained or lost anyone bar that they are in a 3 way fight with Berrigan & Rennie for Hargreaves signature?

3. Mathoura- Have supposedly lost their core group of midfielders & a few talls with others 50/50? Haven't heard of any gains at this stage?

4. Blighty- Have gained Schoular as assistant coach but the question is will he play? I've heard both! We all know about the Lumbar situation, so the question is will he or wont he? Also its been mentioned before about former player Napier potentially returning from Deni Rams? Other than those 3 I haven't heard if they are looking at anyone else? Also not sure on departures list?

5. Deni- Bode handed over coaching duties to Moodie, but will play on as far as I've heard! Also heard Moodies brother from rams is joining him? McCulloch back for good? Heard some of their young kids are being chased by rival clubs from other surrounding leagues??

6. Yarroweyah- Believe Marty Brooks from Barooga has signed? Heard O'dwyer was off to murray league to play with his brother? Have new playing coach in Jim Cherry, not sure where from?? From what I here they have lost Lucas Olsen & Jimmy Daniels??

7. Strathy- Sean Downie coaching, as previously stated they have some former 2010 premiership players returning & some new recuits coming believed to be from shepp? Did hear old mate doogsy was retiring but have heard that for the last 3years & also heard Shannon Laidlaw had knee reco straight after the season but maybe available in 2nd half of year?

8. Picola- Also nothing from the blues nest either?? Have only heard they are still in talks with a few respectable players & also Walker will return from his broken leg?

So my early predictions for the year would be (could change tho after clearances open:D)-

Jerilderie & Strathy to fight it out on top, Berrigan, Blighty, Deni & Yarroweyah all battling it out very evenly through the middle with Picola & Mathoura to bring up the rear? Anyone else able to add or subtract any of my info please do so? Also anyone keen to put up their 2012 predictions?? Cheers

Ah the old Rumour mill , there's a couple I can knock over for you and others of recent times , Rhys McCullouch is unlikely to play at Deni this year as with the assistance of Sturt is in uni in Adelaide .
The only player travelling fromelbourne to play with Mathoura last season , to the best of my knowledge , was Troy Gread , whilst I'd like a dollar for every time I've heard rumours of the club losing a heap of players , for the record I haven't heard anything , but it won't surprise me if those rumoured to be leaving play at the club in 2012 and beyond .
O'dwyer departure will be more than matched by their apparent full forward signing , not sure what's going on a the weir , it was confirmed to me from someone well within the club , pre Xmas , that Dave Trennary was coaching ??

Ah the old Rumour mill , there's a couple I can knock over for you and others of recent times , Rhys McCullouch is unlikely to play at Deni this year as with the assistance of Sturt is in uni in Adelaide .
The only player travelling fromelbourne to play with Mathoura last season , to the best of my knowledge , was Troy Gread , whilst I'd like a dollar for every time I've heard rumours of the club losing a heap of players , for the record I haven't heard anything , but it won't surprise me if those rumoured to be leaving play at the club in 2012 and beyond .
O'dwyer departure will be more than matched by their apparent full forward signing , not sure what's going on a the weir , it was confirmed to me from someone well within the club , pre Xmas , that Dave Trennary was coaching ??

Cheers Roar, like I said & u said most of this (well 90%) is possible rumors with only a small % a certainty & once Feb 1st & beyond comes my predictions will most likely change with confirmation of old stories & surprising new 1's!!:thumbsu:

Blighty the team to look out for next year with big new signings. Schoular to go around while they steal lumbar from mathoura. Rumours also going around that they are getting Napier, Brock close, todd gallagher, jack Tyndall and Oliver draffin from the rams

Blighty the team to look out for next year with big new signings. Schoular to go around while they steal lumbar from mathoura. Rumours also going around that they are getting Napier, Brock close, todd gallagher, jack Tyndall and Oliver draffin from the rams

footy wiz what are you on about?
according to you Jack Tyndall was going to play for Hay next year :thumbsdown:
Beau Close is about the only player that you've mentioned that will 100% play for the Redeyes.
I'm sure you know more about these players heading out to Blighty than they do.

footy wiz what are you on about?
according to you Jack Tyndall was going to play for Hay next year :thumbsdown:
Beau Close is about the only player that you've mentioned that will 100% play for the Redeyes.
I'm sure you know more about these players heading out to Blighty than they do.

I'm just saying what I've heard wizard. Close friend from mathoura informed me that lumbar was a definite and cochrane wanted the rams boys To follow

I'm just saying what I've heard wizard. Close friend from mathoura informed me that lumbar was a definite and cochrane wanted the rams boys To follow

Yes he WANTED them to follow. Good way to start would be talking to them about playing out there....

Some people on here :rolleyes: What you have heard is horse sh1t. Besides from Lumbar and Close that everyone around Deni already know of!!!!!

All this sh.t about the young Deni super stars should stop now. Please that is going out to everyone. There are about 2 unsure atm. But the rest are locked in.. End Of Story!

see centresquares comments on the Murray league post today about Hargreaves.Pretty hard comments about the player. If correct,fair enough..... may well influence the clubs that are chasing him (,which will cost big bucks) to say yes they want him.I guess time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

see centresquares comments on the Murray league post today about Hargreaves.Pretty hard comments about the player. If correct,fair enough..... may well influence the clubs that are chasing him (,which will cost big bucks) to say yes they want him.I guess time will tell.

smoothmover, enjoyed your comments and predictions at this early stage . On Berrigan, I think they will be right up there in 2012. Yes, have lost the Gormans and Yelland, but picked up their coach, a proven O and M player,and 2 or 3 other players that will be quality players in this league.Add their up and coming quality youngsters and they have a strong contingent .The Saints will be major contenders again, all things going well during the season.

smoothmover, enjoyed your comments and predictions at this early stage . On Berrigan, I think they will be right up there in 2012. Yes, have lost the Gormans and Yelland, but picked up their coach, a proven O and M player,and 2 or 3 other players that will be quality players in this league.Add their up and coming quality youngsters and they have a strong contingent .The Saints will be major contenders again, all things going well during the season.

Thanks Stuyd1, Yeah i have no doubt that berrigan will still be a contender, the only reason I didn't have them in the top 2 again is because the Gormans & Yelland are massive loses & at this stage I dont know much about the new coach or his recruits so that was the only reason I had them sitting in 3rd! But like I said no doubt when clearances open up not only mine but alot of peoples opinions will change about most teams fortunes this year! Cheers mate:thumbsu:

Thanks Stuyd1, Yeah i have no doubt that berrigan will still be a contender, the only reason I didn't have them in the top 2 again is because the Gormans & Yelland are massive loses & at this stage I dont know much about the new coach or his recruits so that was the only reason I had them sitting in 3rd! But like I said no doubt when clearances open up not only mine but alot of peoples opinions will change about most teams fortunes this year! Cheers mate:thumbsu:

Smoothmover, yeah your dead right.keep up the good posts, makes interesting reading
regards Stuyd.

Have to agree MFL Wizard, everyone knows that Blighty have spoken to Lumber but so have other clubs and no one will know what he is doing till clearances go in. Schouller is a non playing coach and i am fairly sure the young fellas are staying out here and havent even been spoken to by Blighty.Be careful Footy wiz. Besides, I cant believe that Blighty waste time with over the hill players like Clarke.
Rovers will go well under Moodie and i am sure Mathoura will be thereabouts. Strathy, Jerilderie and Berrigan will be right up there.

Have to agree MFL Wizard, everyone knows that Blighty have spoken to Lumber but so have other clubs and no one will know what he is doing till clearances go in. Schouller is a non playing coach and i am fairly sure the young fellas are staying out here and havent even been spoken to by Blighty.Be careful Footy wiz. Besides, I cant believe that Blighty waste time with over the hill players like Clarke.
Rovers will go well under Moodie and i am sure Mathoura will be thereabouts. Strathy, Jerilderie and Berrigan will be right up there.

What do you mean by 'over the hill players like Clarke'? I would have thought he was good for the club even though he is a travelling player. He was by far the their best player the 2 times we played them last year.

Talking to berrigans new coach sunday and he was happy with the way things are shaping up for the saints. Some good recruits including a couple that he played with down town.

Strathy have picked up a few not sure they are from shepp or many returning 2010 players though smooth.

From what ive heard not sure how picola will fair again. Re appointing holyman as coach may not have been the best move from a recruiting point of view.

The weir have lost a few but picked up guys that may cover the losses. The ones they have lost though are vital players.

Havent heard much about the demons or the cutters so wont comment on those.

Anyway you look at it though i think the league will be stronger this year and will be an absolute cracker of a season.

What do you mean by 'over the hill players like Clarke'? I would have thought he was good for the club even though he is a travelling player. He was by far the their best player the 2 times we played them last year.

Talking to berrigans new coach sunday and he was happy with the way things are shaping up for the saints. Some good recruits including a couple that he played with down town.

Strathy have picked up a few not sure they are from shepp or many returning 2010 players though smooth.

From what ive heard not sure how picola will fair again. Re appointing holyman as coach may not have been the best move from a recruiting point of view.

The weir have lost a few but picked up guys that may cover the losses. The ones they have lost though are vital players.

Havent heard much about the demons or the cutters so wont comment on those.

Anyway you look at it though i think the league will be stronger this year and will be an absolute cracker of a season.

Yeah ark my statements were more just covering old posts from on here & the normal pre season rumour mills, I'm sure u'd know more about strathy's situation than me, so feel free 2 name any recruits if u want or we guna have 2 wait impatiently until Feb 1's clearances??:D

Anyway I totally agree with u there bout this years talent coming into the league, as it seems we may have pick up some good players 2 cover the loses & it will be a good year 2 sit back & watch unfold! Cheers mate:thumbsu:

Spoke to a Blighty player yesterday, Lumber trained with them Monday and signed up. Don't think Clarke is over the hill, he's a good player just has a dodgy string.

Fair chance Scoullar will play for mine, possibly not every game but I'd have my money on him sitting in the goal square for the last half of the year at least. They will be a pretty big side this season, similar to Jerilderie last season.

Don't think Jerilderie will drop off too much. Adam Williams and Matt Tinkler aren't coming back apparently, but I'm sure they will pick up a few, Williams is a big loss though.

Heard Mathoura have picked up a full forward and CHB from South Australia, moved to town recently.

Thats what I have heard anyway

Spoke to a Blighty player yesterday, Lumber trained with them Monday and signed up. Don't think Clarke is over the hill, he's a good player just has a dodgy string.

Fair chance Scoullar will play for mine, possibly not every game but I'd have my money on him sitting in the goal square for the last half of the year at least. They will be a pretty big side this season, similar to Jerilderie last season.

Don't think Jerilderie will drop off too much. Adam Williams and Matt Tinkler aren't coming back apparently, but I'm sure they will pick up a few, Williams is a big loss though.

Heard Mathoura have picked up a full forward and CHB from South Australia, moved to town recently.

Thats what I have heard anyway

Pretty spot on there Herb. Jerildere will be up there still with a few young blokes coming into senior contention and a fit Darcy Bell they will be a younger side which wont hurt them. Berrigan will be there abouts again. Obviously big losses with the Gormans and Jack but they have a huge young talent base.

With Brodie signing at Blighty they will be a very tall side. Cant have that Clarke is over the hill. Who ever said that hasnt obviously tried to chase him around the oval. Still only 30 years old and very fit, hammy's a little dodgy as you said. Will be interesting to see if Mathoura clear Brodie. He signed on as assistant Coach there a few weeks ago. If he has signed a VCFL contract Mathoura have every right not to clear him.

Cant see any of the Rams younger fellas leaving. With a few of their "stars" not returning it will be a good challange for them to step up and try to go back to back.

As you the Vic sides as most years we will have to wait and see what happens. No doubt we will find out after round 1 against Strathy.

Pretty spot on there Herb. Jerildere will be up there still with a few young blokes coming into senior contention and a fit Darcy Bell they will be a younger side which wont hurt them. Berrigan will be there abouts again. Obviously big losses with the Gormans and Jack but they have a huge young talent base.

With Brodie signing at Blighty they will be a very tall side. Cant have that Clarke is over the hill. Who ever said that hasnt obviously tried to chase him around the oval. Still only 30 years old and very fit, hammy's a little dodgy as you said. Will be interesting to see if Mathoura clear Brodie. He signed on as assistant Coach there a few weeks ago. If he has signed a VCFL contract Mathoura have every right not to clear him.

Cant see any of the Rams younger fellas leaving. With a few of their "stars" not returning it will be a good challange for them to step up and try to go back to back.

As you the Vic sides as most years we will have to wait and see what happens. No doubt we will find out after round 1 against Strathy.

A disrespectful 20 something year old, just at a guess, with no concept of fine wine and footballers! ;)

Can someone confirm re; Jack Yelland. I know he was trialling for Bushies but I didn't think the final squad would have been announced yet. Don't think its fair on the young fella if we start saying he is in prior to anything official is all.

A disrespectful 20 something year old, just at a guess, with no concept of fine wine and footballers! ;)

Can someone confirm re; Jack Yelland. I know he was trialling for Bushies but I didn't think the final squad would have been announced yet. Don't think its fair on the young fella if we start saying he is in prior to anything official is all.
can confirm jack is still in the bushie squad but as you stated nothing is official yet as the final squad hasnt been finalised But what ever happens Jack will be still playing for the mighty sainters at some stage during the year:thumbsu:

can confirm jack is still in the bushie squad but as you stated nothing is official yet as the final squad hasnt been finalised But what ever happens Jack will be still playing for the mighty sainters at some stage during the year:thumbsu:

Thanks Chicken, he will have a couple more cuts to get through (nerve wracking times those) very best of luck to him. But yeah, he isn't a loss as such as he will be available at times if selected, and available come finals most probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back