Pendles smacking blokes in the belly

Remove this Banner Ad

Contact which wasnt even felt was graded Medium last week. This had Neale doubled over and was graded Low.

The AFL want Pendles to get to 400 as much as Collingwood.
I'm assuming on Monday Robbo will demand an AFL appeal for the integrity of the game

When the AFL doesn't want that specific player suspended, they get let off. Forceful strike with bone hitting the solar plexus is the same whether the fist is clenched or not.

So I aak for an example of an open handed slap leading to a suspension and you reply with a video of Barry Hall’s clenched fist punch to Matty Maguire’s gut. :think:

Seems we have no history at all of any open hand slaps to the tummy resulting in a suspension.

I don’t think Pendlebury deserved more than a fine but it’s a bit rich for you to blame Brayshaw for his career being over. That’s really shitty by you, hope Maynard’s happy with himself.

Not Maynard’s fault that Brayshaws career is over either.

But it’s interesting that people wanted Maynard suspended for life for a football act because of the injury to Brayshaw. Yet here with no injury, despite Neale’s Logie award winning acting, they also want blood.

Seems if a Collingwood player makes contact with an opponent the fans want blood, no matter if the act is worthy of suspension or whether anyone’s ever been suspended for the same act before…

But it’s interesting that people wanted Maynard suspended for life for a football act because of the injury to Brayshaw. Yet here with no injury, despite Neale’s Logie award winning acting, they also want blood.

Seems if a Collingwood player makes contact with an opponent the fans want blood, no matter if the act is worthy of suspension or whether anyone’s ever been suspended for the same act before…

I’ve already said Pendlebury didn’t deserve any more than a fine. How much clearer can I be?

I thought it was pretty crap of you to call Angus Brayshaw soft because he was knocked out by one of your players. You Collingwood people are really good at blaming the victims aren’t you?

I never thought Maynard should get life but he deserved some weeks. How can you sit there with a straight face and say he bears no responsibility? You need to open both your eyes.

I’ve already said Pendlebury didn’t deserve any more than a fine. How much clearer can I be?

I thought it was pretty crap of you to call Angus Brayshaw soft because he was knocked out by one of your players. You Collingwood people are really good at blaming the victims aren’t you?

I never thought Maynard should get life but he deserved some weeks. How can you sit there with a straight face and say he bears no responsibility? You need to open both your eyes.

Because under the AFL
rules he did nothing wrong, accidents happen.

Should the Brisbane player who knocked out Murphy in the grand final have been suspended?

Who wanted that?

Who wanted that?
Kombucha No But GIF

Because under the AFL
rules he did nothing wrong, accidents happen.

Should the Brisbane player who knocked out Murphy in the grand final have been suspended?

Yes and the AFL quickly moved to change the rules so they must have thought he did do something wrong.

I didn’t remember seeing the Murphy incident in the GF so I went back and looked at it. Do you think that was in any way similar to the Maynard/Brayshaw one? In any case it’s a wonder the Brisbane player wasn’t charged because the league doesn’t seem to care if it’s an accident or not anymore.

I note that Murphy has not played again since. Does that mean you think he is soft also?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and the AFL quickly moved to change the rules so they must have thought he did do something wrong.

I didn’t remember seeing the Murphy incident in the GF so I went back and looked at it. Do you think that was in any way similar to the Maynard/Brayshaw one? In any case it’s a wonder the Brisbane player wasn’t charged because the league doesn’t seem to care if it’s an accident or not anymore.

I note that Murphy has not played again since. Does that mean you think he is soft also?
that's it tv land GIF by Teachers on TV Land

No, the new AFL footy boss was so pissed off the rules overruled her, she had them changed because the PR is more important than the integrity of the comp.

Murphy definitely has a soft head and is prone to concussions, yet given the outrage a few weeks earlier it’s a surprise nothing came of it. But I guess accidents that leave players concussed are ok if it’s a Collingwood player on the receiving end.

No, the new AFL footy boss was so pissed off the rules overruled her, she had them changed because the PR is more important than the integrity of the comp.

Murphy definitely has a soft head and is prone to concussions, yet given the outrage a few weeks earlier it’s a surprise nothing came of it. But I guess accidents that leave players concussed are ok if it’s a Collingwood player on the receiving end.

See that’s where you’re quite wrong. If it had been Brayshaw that flattened Maynard, I would be saying Brayshaw should have been suspended. The fact it was a Collingwood player was of no relevance to me.

I just took issue with you calling Brayshaw ‘soft’ because he was knocked out by one of your players. Poor blokes career is over and you clearly couldn’t care less.

Again, who wanted Maynard suspended for life?

Another case of the media deciding the punishment, then the tribunal making sure they "get it right" because the media is always right.

Except this time they took it to a whole new level, by interviewing Pendlebury after the game and letting him say what it was worth.

Fine, 1 week, not a huge difference. But for once can we just let the tribunal do its job without prejudicing things?

Another case of the media deciding the punishment, then the tribunal making sure they "get it right" because the media is always right.

Except this time they took it to a whole new level, by interviewing Pendlebury after the game and letting him say what it was worth.

Fine, 1 week, not a huge difference. But for once can we just let the tribunal do its job without prejudicing things?
Haha - so the media interviewed the player - like that hasn’t happened before. Really clutching desperately at straws now.

Still awaiting an answer to my oft repeated question here, so. I’ll try for the fifth time -

Has a suspension for an open-palm tummy slap ever happened before? Ever? No?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back