MRP / Trib. Jeremy Finlayson incident

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF?

It’s ‘language’

The multiple inferences are what we live with every day - or does your corner shop always get it right first time. ?

You call any male a CS….and the implication is background dependent.
You speak for any male yeah?

I reckon the individual has the right to gauge the implication.

Bored The Office GIF
Apology accepted.

I think getting the Clarko decision wrong, doesn’t make the 3 weeks one wrong, it’s just we are so used to precedent in the AFL system.

They needed to lay down a marker so now they have to apply it consistently into the future.

I think getting the Clarko decision wrong, doesn’t make the 3 weeks one wrong, it’s just we are so used to precedent in the AFL system.

They needed to lay down a marker so now they have to apply it consistently into the future.

3 weeks was far too lenient

I dont think they drew the wrong line as it was originally labelled a homophobic slur which drew a response.
Only now has what he said been considered less offensive to justify the different responses.
What a peculiar inverse logic - lets do this by numbers,

1 - A slur was made
2 - The slur can EITHER be homophobic or simply insulting.
3 - The AFL deemed it homophobic - with no basis to show that’s how it was meant
4 - Comparisons were made on the different penalties
5 - SOME people understand that Clarksons insult is not automatically homophobic - and therefore believe the lesser sentence was correct.

Not sure there’s any other way to look at it.

What a peculiar inverse logic - lets do this by numbers,

1 - A slur was made
2 - The slur can EITHER be homophobic or simply insulting.
3 - The AFL deemed it homophobic - with no basis to show that’s how it was meant
4 - Comparisons were made on the different penalties
5 - SOME people understand that Clarksons insult is not automatically homophobic - and therefore believe the lesser sentence was correct.

Not sure there’s any other way to look at it.
Who decides wether its Homophobic or just insulting?

Agreed, my only issue is that they laid down a marker with Clarkson, 20k fine, 2 matches suspended and then shifted that marker for JF which there appears no basis for other than their feels.

Agreed, my only issue is that they laid down a marker with Clarkson, 20k fine, 2 matches suspended and then shifted that marker for JF which there appears no basis for other than their feels.

Agree - they were too hasty in shouting ‘homophobe’ - Clarkson should sue them.

Context. Policy. Effect.

All of those play a part.

You want to rub out an aspect of player behaviour that damages the league, the brand, advertisers, and even people? Give decent time off for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Context. Policy. Effect.

All of those play a part.

You want to rub out an aspect of player behaviour that damages the league, the brand, advertisers, and even people? Give decent time off for it.
Only players, or everyone?

The double standards shown by the AFL are concerning.

3 weeks? How crazy is this? Nobody will "own" up to anything on a footy field ever again. Everything that is wrong with the 21st Century is wrapped up right here in this mad decision. How pathetic it all is, the bloke said something he shouldn't have said, takes ownership of it before the game ends, is remorseful and they still throw the book at him for doing it. Talk about an over reaction to something that will be said again, but i bet whoever says it won't be fessing up in a hurry. A fine and a warning was all that was required.
Could not agree more. I’m struggling to think of a more ridiculous suspension.

He’s a homophobic because he called a player who isn’t homosexual a name?
Ok 👍

I sincerely doubt that he pulled that word like a rabbit out of a hat and at random at that. Premeditated or not it's not a good look, doesn't reflect well on him as a person and one wonders what he's like in his personal life as a result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back