MRP / Trib. Jeremy Finlayson incident

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the umpires mic picked it up + players heard it.

Not sure what was said but was labelled homophobic

I think they will sit him out for awhile as an example.

He didn't say the c......cker word, it was another. Penalty is probably right but no idea why Clarkson didn't get the same. Oh, yes I do, he's one of the Vic 'boys club'.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gosh this almost comes across as an inferiority complex with the vic bias.

Unsure what the correct suspension time is , but something was warranted to stamp it out.

So many grey areas. Homophobic , Racism. Any malicious type slurs should be heavy handed.

Profanity, unsure ? How far do we go.

Should have used the right terminology, bundle of twigs.
That's if he said what I think he said of course.

Seriously though when are players going to learn.
What may be acceptable around your mates in your own time is one thing but once you are on the footy field you are in the AFL realm and these things are so a no go zone.

3 weeks? How crazy is this? Nobody will "own" up to anything on a footy field ever again. Everything that is wrong with the 21st Century is wrapped up right here in this mad decision. How pathetic it all is, the bloke said something he shouldn't have said, takes ownership of it before the game ends, is remorseful and they still throw the book at him for doing it. Talk about an over reaction to something that will be said again, but i bet whoever says it won't be fessing up in a hurry. A fine and a warning was all that was required.

3 weeks? How crazy is this? Nobody will "own" up to anything on a footy field ever again. Everything that is wrong with the 21st Century is wrapped up right here in this mad decision. How pathetic it all is, the bloke said something he shouldn't have said, takes ownership of it before the game ends, is remorseful and they still throw the book at him for doing it. Talk about an over reaction to something that will be said again, but i bet whoever says it won't be fessing up in a hurry. A fine and a warning was all that was required.

Point totally lost, it shouldnt be said. If 3 weeks deters and changes the attitude of using this word, Then the AFL is correct

Owning up to the use of it is on the person, just dont say it though ? The 3 weeks is pretty valid. Just remember kids pick up on things and carry on with it like thier "afl stars"

Gosh this almost comes across as an inferiority complex with the vic bias.

Unsure what the correct suspension time is , but something was warranted to stamp it out.

So many grey areas. Homophobic , Racism. Any malicious type slurs should be heavy handed.

Profanity, unsure ? How far do we go.
I thought 1 week would have been fair, but guess the AFL has made it this harsh to stamp it out

self report drugs, week off no one knows, self report homophobic word, 3 weeks.
not sure how that helps stamp either out!

3 weeks is overs, should have at least got a week less for self reporting and apologising without being asked.

who hasn't blurted something out they regret in the heat of the moment?

Im 60, my mind has no problem at all with sexual preferences, but my upbringing still has the memory of those words used freely. no its not right, and I wish it wasnt so, but its changing, change takes time, I guess till us old farts are dead!

i think hes hard done by here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you’re spot on Jack. 3 weeks is way over the top. I thought a large fine and a reprimand would be sufficient. Bloody league’s gone mad.

Point totally lost, it shouldnt be said. If 3 weeks deters and changes the attitude of using this word, Then the AFL is correct

Owning up to the use of it is on the person, just dont say it though ? The 3 weeks is pretty valid. Just remember kids pick up on things and carry on with it like thier "afl stars"
As i said:
A fine and a warning was all that was required.

Should have used the right terminology, bundle of twigs.
That's if he said what I think he said of course.

Seriously though when are players going to learn.
What may be acceptable around your mates in your own time is one thing but once you are on the footy field you are in the AFL realm and these things are so a no go zone.

In the Navy we were taught it was a roll of cloth (probably similar in size to the bundle of twigs).

I can see where we are heading here. "Would you like to get to the ball first good sir?" Oh, i wouldn't dream of depriving you of first use of it, by all means you go first"...:rolleyes:
Jack. Come off it.

‘Maynard - free to play’

I just heard that Clarko lobbed a similar word at a practice match and was warned. WTF??
One rule for all please!!

Feels like JC got the wrong end of a pineapple here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back