on this day.........

Remove this Banner Ad

14 years today.

Bloody hell, one of the oldest games I remember.

EDIT: Actually I'm a season out, thought this was the 08/09 season but it was a year later.

This was 15 years ago today.

Last edited:
Think the earliest game I remember completely was the '06 Champions League final between Arsenal and Barca. Lehmann got sent off early in the piece and Barca ground down Arsenal to win later on.

Earliest game I remember being taken to as a little kid was Aus vs Argentina at SFS in 93!!

Also went to Iran v Australia @ the G in 97, Uruguay vs Australia @ the G in 01 & was there in 05 at Stadium Australia vs Uruguay, the best night of football I've ever experienced in person closely followed by Melbourne Victory 6 Adelaide 0 in the 07 Grand Final.

Do you not remember Australia vs Uruguay in 05? That week in Sydney was insane, I remember the Socceroos just being in the media 24/7. Pretty hard to forget, I imagine anyone that was a kid back then must have vivid memories of it.

I'll never forget being on the piss in Kings Cross the night of the win and running into Dwight Yorke. Rocked up in his Range Rover with massive rims, parked it illegally and headed straight into the club. Lol good times.

Think the earliest game I remember completely was the '06 Champions League final between Arsenal and Barca. Lehmann got sent off early in the piece and Barca ground down Arsenal to win later on.
Well i must be old as * as my oldest football memory is the hand of god game. I was 9 or 10.

Earliest game I remember being taken to as a little kid was Aus vs Argentina at SFS in 93!!

Also went to Iran v Australia @ the G in 97, Uruguay vs Australia @ the G in 01 & was there in 05 at Stadium Australia vs Uruguay, the best night of football I've ever experienced in person closely followed by Melbourne Victory 6 Adelaide 0 in the 07 Grand Final.

Do you not remember Australia vs Uruguay in 05? That week in Sydney was insane, I remember the Socceroos just being in the media 24/7. Pretty hard to forget, I imagine anyone that was a kid back then must have vivid memories of it.

I'll never forget being on the piss in Kings Cross the night of the win and running into Dwight Yorke. Rocked up in his Range Rover with massive rims, parked it illegally and headed straight into the club. Lol good times.
Was only 14 for the '05 game and the media (facebook/twitter etc) wasn't around. I grew up in Western Sydney which was all rugby league heartland haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was only 14 for the '05 game and the media (facebook/twitter etc) wasn't around. I grew up in Western Sydney which was all rugby league heartland haha.

I spent a week in Sydney for that game. It was literal wall to wall coverage - radio / tv / newspapers. The celebrations were massive.

The Best Sport GIF by Northern Ireland

World Cup Football GIF by FIFA

IMG_1851.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back