Premier Lg EPL Matchday 33 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

And then there was one.

Man City aint dropping any points in the run home.
As much as I hope we don't, I'd be very surprised.

2 home and 4 away games, with Champions League (at least 1, maybe 3) and FA Cup games mixed in.

Liverpool and Arsenal both have two matches before our next one. Hopefully they both drop points as I don't want to be going to Spurs in the last week of the season needing a win.

As much as I hope we don't, I'd be very surprised.

2 home and 4 away games, with Champions League (at least 1, maybe 3) and FA Cup games mixed in.

Liverpool and Arsenal both have two matches before our next one. Hopefully they both drop points as I don't want to be going to Spurs in the last week of the season needing a win.
You have nothing to worry about.

Arsenal dropping points at the Emirates against an out of sorts Villa.

I wonder if anyone called that and got told how unlikely it would be 😎

Liverpool proving it as well - it does not matter how you’ve gone all season, the run in is completely different.

As I said, I suppose you're the expert in bottling the league. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also dont think wharton will be at palace too long. looks a player, very composed for a 20 year old
Best signing we've made since Guehi, slotted in straight away, only 20. Our best midfielder already, haven't had Doucoure since October.

Munoz and Wharton both came in January, both doubled in value already. Great January after a poor summer.

Didn't see that coming.

Massive reflex save from Martinez in the first half as well. Understand Arsenal fans are happy with Arteta and fair enough he's doing well but they let Martinez go and he's notably better than their two keepers at the moment.
Wasn't that good a save. Trossard absolutely choked the moment and hit straight at the keeper

Look where the keeper is when Trossard shoots.
Screenshot_20240414_202546_YouTube.jpg

Wasn't that good a save. Trossard absolutely choked the moment and hit straight at the keeper

Look where the keeper is when Trossard shoots.
View attachment 1960186
agree that it should've been a goal, definitely shouldn't have been savable. the reflexes still impressed me though.

Well that's that then. Thought we did well, as did Arsenal to hold off City as long as we did.

City have a really easy run home so it's basically curtains now. They even get to play at home midweek against Real.

Back to back trebles will be some feat. Even with all the cheating, that's still bloody impressive.

Didn't see that coming.

Massive reflex save from Martinez in the first half as well. Understand Arsenal fans are happy with Arteta and fair enough he's doing well but they let Martinez go and he's notably better than their two keepers at the moment.

Martinez is a fantastic keeper yes. Not to discredit his save this morning, Trossard should be burying that. The keeper shouldn’t even be in the equation really from that position, it was served on a platter for him. Even though it’s struck directly at him it’s still an excellent reflex action from Martinez.

Secondly, context needed for Martinez’s exit from Arsenal. He was at the club for many years and for one reason or another hadn’t established himself as a regular. Injuries, loan spells etc. He absolutely capitalised on the injury to Leno in early 2020, and produced a high quality run in the team in that run in to the FA Cup victory.

I felt at the time he was the better option out of Leno or him, however the reality was in that early stage of Arteta’s tenure that neither of them fit stylistically into the framework of play Arteta was trying to implement. It was around that time that Arteta had first made attempts to sign Raya from Brentford.

There was no market for Leno at the time. For Martinez, his value had peaked off the back of his performances. He himself probably wanted to establish himself as a first choice somewhere else for the sake of his own career aspirations. It made sense from a commercial viewpoint, especially during COVID times, to cash in on a player at their peak value for all parties and then allowed Arsenal some incoming funds for the long road ahead of the squad transition.

Arsenal have a poor reputation as a selling club, I’m one of the most vocal about it. This transaction though was one that needed at the time. I’m probably more critical of the eventual Leno sale two years later for a relative low price than I am of the Martinez sale.

City have a really easy run home so it's basically curtains now.

City have lost their last 4 PL games at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

02/02/2020 Tottenham Hotspur 2 v 0 Manchester City
21/11/2020 Tottenham Hotspur 2 v 0 Manchester City
15/08/2021 Tottenham Hotspur 1 v 0 Manchester City
05/02/2023 Tottenham Hotspur 1 v 0 Manchester City

Remove this Banner Ad

Back