Scape Goat Not so Common-tary thread ( formerly rudes threat )

Remove this Banner Ad

I have stopped consuming footy media in general, the only time I listen is the show King does with Whateley on a Monday morning (Even if Whateley always has bad opinions). No s**t you get better content from random guys on youtube than you do from the channels with millions of dollars.
Sunday footy show >>>

Ross Lyon and Cornes on Clas >>>>

Everything else

Kinda amazing Gawns like the only bloke in among 700 that can talk to media without a script and not be ******* boring

I'm a big fan of bucks. Show probably sucks but he's great on fox.
He does Monday mornings with Gaz on SEN too which is good listening.

Maybe the market for it isn't there but I would love a show that is entirely focused on game analysis and had multiple former coaches (Roosy, Ross, Bucks etc. spring to mind). I know on the couch purports to be an analysis show but it is paper thin a lot of the time and just points out the obvious trends all but casual fans would notice, lots of fluff too.

It's amazing how many fingers are in the footy media pie, but so little analysis of the game is done beyond pointing out the obvious and coming out with Hot Takes. Ross Lyon on FC is one of the only people I find insightful in this space and it's usually just a small segment of the show.

On the Couch provides great footy analysis. I don’t watch classified. Lost me when it was Caro and Hutchy going at each other trying to create a headline for the next day.

Got 3 rippers out of that dogshit game

"If anyone had said the suns would be down by just 10 right before half time theyd be wrapped."
Few seconds passes, "errr guess theres 10 mins left"
13.40 left on the clock Gerard you ******* geriatric old campaigner

Derwayynnne- "Brayshaw hit so hard earlier in the game his helmet came off"
Didnt happen you heckstick, Brayshaw went off with his helmet on, took it off and had to rush back on when Rivers came off injured. All good just make up a story though

Gerard after Trac marks it 30m out from goal. "I take it this kick doesnt count as an inside 50"

Get completely ****ed you moron

Yep, get me anyone who isn't afaird to call players out for s**t play. Sick of everyone having to watch what they say, family friendly environment.
I hated every minute of Dermy last night - they should make him sit out every time he goes into “explaining voice” mode. But I did enjoy the two occasions where he said “nice throw”

Maybe the market for it isn't there but I would love a show that is entirely focused on game analysis and had multiple former coaches (Roosy, Ross, Bucks etc. spring to mind). I know on the couch purports to be an analysis show but it is paper thin a lot of the time and just points out the obvious trends all but casual fans would notice, lots of fluff too.

It's amazing how many fingers are in the footy media pie, but so little analysis of the game is done beyond pointing out the obvious and coming out with Hot Takes. Ross Lyon on FC is one of the only people I find insightful in this space and it's usually just a small segment of the show.
I find First Crack is pretty good for this

Who would they possibly get though, I stopped watching 360 because it was a round table wank fest no matter what player was on. Robbo would say that guy should be suspended and stare at the players and they'd just agree with him. Everyone's way too scared to disagree
Change a few words and you've described the project.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mum does, so it's on during dinner.

It's terrible, super cringe and they don't give any insight
It feels to me like one of those awkward discussions where they try to blend very conservative fiscal ideology with left leaning social issue debates? I’m probably dead wrong but I do know that all the people on it are really tiresome so I give it a wide berth and watch detective things on britbox where a guy kills another guy and then the police investigate for a bit.

It feels to me like one of those awkward discussions where they try to blend very conservative fiscal ideology with left leaning social issue debates? I’m probably dead wrong but I do know that all the people on it are really tiresome so I give it a wide berth and watch detective things on britbox where a guy kills another guy and then the police investigate for a bit.
You are spot on PG. It's designed to get those conservative ideals into "woke" people. I.e my mum

I've only watched it occasionally but that's pretty much the vibe. Occasionally they get Steve Price in to be the socially conservative punching bag. Very superficial analysis of issues.
Peter Hellier et al are also very cringe as the nuffy d-grade comedian trying to make some s**t joke/pun about the day's news.

Rompingwins comes up with the biggest groaners.

Right after Alex Keath kicked his third career goal he goes with this.
"Every time he kicks a goal his side wins."

On a Grantchester binge at the moment PG?

Nathan Jones might give Jobe a run for worst special comments by the end of the season. Another horrendous find by channel 7 that worked out exactly as you thought it would.

Nathan Jones might give Jobe a run for worst special comments by the end of the season. Another horrendous find by channel 7 that worked out exactly as you thought it would.
His in-game insights are actually pretty good tbh!

His in-game insights are actually pretty good tbh!

too much random giggles and he goes full Jobe where he cant string a coherent senate together without pausing half way thru it. Hes horrible

Loved Chunk as a player but he is a chore to listen to.

Maybe he is just new but not now Nath.

Like we already got a Jobe due to nepotism we don't need Jobe squared in the box.

Jason Bennett carried the commentary tonight, and whilst he is good at what he does it does show how pox the commentary is these days*.

* that makes me sound like a 31 year old senior doesn't it?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back