List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A friend of mine down in Melbourne sent me a message the other day saying his boy played against Marley Davey (son of Aaron) and he reckons Marley absolutely tore the game apart.

Ran around playing as a midfield/forward and kicked 6 goals for the day which I'm pretty sure was at school level. Reckon he was a clear talent above everyone else.

Marley made the move this year down to boarding school in Melbourne and is currently attending Xavier College.

Still a lot of water to go under the bridge but 14 year old prospect who's worth keeping an eye on.
I've heard Marley is a beauty. Very young and raw, but seemingly got the talent like his dad. I'm glad he's a part of the private school system, because let's face it, that's just about the only way to get drafted these days. It means he'll play against the best young talent his age as well. Good signs with Yze, White and Davey's boy. 3 hugely talented players for us. The problem is the AFL potentially changing the rules around drafting them. fingers crossed we dont have to pay through the nose for them if they look the goods.

I've heard Marley is a beauty. Very young and raw, but seemingly got the talent like his dad. I'm glad he's a part of the private school system, because let's face it, that's just about the only way to get drafted these days. It means he'll play against the best young talent his age as well. Good signs with Yze, White and Davey's boy. 3 hugely talented players for us. The problem is the AFL potentially changing the rules around drafting them. fingers crossed we dont have to pay through the nose for them if they look the goods.
Yze isn't guaranteed a list spot with the Dees and the club have made that known to him at a meeting with the recruiters towards the end of last year.
They've mapped out what he needs to work and Improve on and based on his form this year in the Coates league, he's a rookie list prospect at best or potentially to go undrafted.

He's missed out for selection for Vic Metro this year which whilst isn't the end of the world but also not ideal for his draft chances.

Yze isn't guaranteed a list spot with the Dees and the club have made that known to him at a meeting with the recruiters towards the end of last year.
They've mapped out what he needs to work and Improve on and based on his form this year in the Coates league, he's a rookie list prospect at best or potentially to go undrafted.

He's missed out for selection for Vic Metro this year which whilst isn't the end of the world but also not ideal for his draft chances.
Yeh a few friends of mine involved in the under 18 system don’t think he’s a genuine chance to get drafted other than onto Melbournes rookie list.

Yeh a few friends of mine involved in the under 18 system don’t think he’s a genuine chance to get drafted other than onto Melbournes rookie list.
Feels a bit like when everyone was pencilling it Farmers kid and then he was actually just average.

This is where people need to separate the romance in football.

People want Noah purely on name alone and not football talent. If he is no good and won't add anything to the team in terms strengths then I'm sorry, I don't want you.

It's like the calls for to recruit Sam Van Rooyen, average junior prospect who's playing WAFL 2s because he's simply no good yet there were calls for us to pick him up without even watching him player.

Give me the best available talent out there over name anytime of the day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back