North to go winless in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on mate. You can't say that with a straight face while you've got The Koch/Hinkley gong show over the last 10 years

That makes no sense. We draw a decent crowd, win enough that the fans don't drop off, without actually being a threat of winning a premiership. That's exactly what the AFL wants.

You guys are nowhere near that bad. They just played 2 bottom 4 clubs and got flogged
They are one of those teams that always have close games or beat us even when they have been s**t...
Now with our injuries I am even more worried.

Yes.

It really is depressing. Not good for my mental health at times. 😔 no doubt all you oppo supporters would find that funny and we deserved...i get it.

Sorry to read this for you personally. You sound like one of the better ones.

However a large majority of your fellow supporter base are bitter, twisted, downright toxic and deserve everything they get big time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North to go winless in 2024, now i like those odds very much.

happy homer simpson GIF

Sorry to read this for you personally. You sound like one of the better ones.

However a large majority of your fellow supporter base are bitter, twisted, downright toxic and deserve everything they get big time.
As opposed to every other clubs majority of bitter, twisted, downright toxic supporter base?

One day we “might” be competitive again and I will be sure to wish you a happy birthday Macca 😎

North recruited Pink, the best full back outside the AFL system. Not working out great. Its not as though things weren't tried, they just don't work. Better, not more, key position players would help. But if none are available at trade time, not a lot can be done. Especially when the side can produce no defensive transition or pressure through the middle.

That is, hopefully, the next thing - to get the mids transitioning with some sort of system. The start of the year (as I see it) was "let the kids play", attack a bit, see who can play and who naturally starts to fill which roles. Now, particularly as confidence has been lost to do that anyway, some of the discipline needs to start being brought in as the start of the next part of development.
Its a long, long road ahead with zero wins quite possible in 2024 and 2025 - even without bleeding players all over the place as is very likely.
North seem to be mostly focusing on attack under Clarkson, when they need to be focusing on defence first and foremost.
Look at Melbourne under Paul Roos, they focused on getting defence right and it wasn't until later down the track when they began to focus on attack.

Melbourne also brought in the likes of Cross, Vince and Lewis to help guide and protect the younger players, and we saw GWS do similar in their beginning by bringing in McDonald, Brogan and Cornes.
North need these types of players to help the likes of Sheezel and Wardlaw.

They are diabolical but still won’t go winless.
They will pinch one at the back end of the season
They play us in a few weeks time. We're capable of putting in a shocker too.

They play us in a few weeks time. We're capable of putting in a shocker too.
North are more likely to beat Richmond than anyone else, especially at Docklands.
North have always matched up well on Richmond, even in recent years when they've been diabolical.

Considering the rub we got Friday night, if they haven't won one by week 10 it'll come on 25/5 in an AFL endorsed square up, nothin' surer.

They will pinch one somewhere.

Even Melbourne under Neeld and GC/GWS in their formative years got a couple of wins against established sides.
Those sides all got to pinch wins off one another.
Who do North pinch a win off? Looking at the fixture, the Richmond game at Docklands is the most likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back