Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

First quarter one of them said they've had 17 players play every game this year but the injuries will come and then moments later Weitering was on the bench.

That was Richo but he was referring to Sydney.

Omfg. Was to lazy to turn the TV off and ended up on roaming Bryan. He asked the Sydney president (Andrew Pridamere?) What he thought about the west Australian travel situation:
'I think its a huge disadvantage and anything we can do to help them, if it means giving them an extra home game we need to do'

Jaw is sore from hitting the floor so hard. Statement will get quoted to the bejeezus this week. What a good campaigner.

Omfg. Was to lazy to turn the TV off and ended up on roaming Bryan. He asked the Sydney president (Andrew Pridamere?) What he thought about the west Australian travel situation:
'I think its a huge disadvantage and anything we can do to help them, if it means giving them an extra home game we need to do'

Jaw is sore from hitting the floor so hard. Statement will get quoted to the bejeezus this week. What a good campaigner.

The Don Pike effect.

The godfather. Queue the final scene of Don Pike aka Michael Corleone being kissed on the hand by his top staff mrmbers

Looked up Carlton’s games played (prior to this round)

33 players used (=5th most behind Richmond (37), Suns (36), WCE and Bulldogs (34). Sydney are the lowest with 27)
11 played every game
3 missed one game
5 missed two games

Notable missed games

8 - Martin, Marchbank, Docherty
7 - Cincotta
6 - Cunningham
5 - Fogarty
4 - Young, Pittonet, Saad, Walsh
3 - McGovern, Cerra

We’ve had 11 play every game, 6 miss 1 and 3 miss 2 by comparison

genuinely can’t believe BT grew up here. He’s that much vic washed.

Also I would love to know the Vic clubs that said we aren’t disadvantaged

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At a guess I'd say there's 10 of them.

Looked up Carlton’s games played (prior to this round)

33 players used (=5th most behind Richmond (37), Suns (36), WCE and Bulldogs (34). Sydney are the lowest with 27)
11 played every game
3 missed one game
5 missed two games

Notable missed games

8 - Martin, Marchbank, Docherty
7 - Cincotta
6 - Cunningham
5 - Fogarty
4 - Young, Pittonet, Saad, Walsh
3 - McGovern, Cerra

We’ve had 11 play every game, 6 miss 1 and 3 miss 2 by comparison
Plus for us, Allen, Flynn & Hewett who would be B22 and are yet to get on the park.

What a mad c*nt

Watch it get absolutely 0 media traction, AFL will want to kill this narrative before it grows legs

17-0 running bounces heck me
Carlton's ball movement is some of the most stagnant I've seen. They're more reliant on stoppage wins and contested marking forward of centre than most other competitive sides in recent years. It's a feature of their list.

Sydney has probably the best development systems in the league. An Ainsworth or Parto at Sydney probably make it imo

Nelson a lock to make it in Sydney's system.
I don't think so.

Athletically neither had the agility, dynamism to succeed in the Sydney system. What Sydney does do well is not pretend square pegs go in round holes.

He moved to Melbourne at 16-17, played in VFL before national comp, and has lived in Victoria for 3/4 of his life.

I remember in 2021 he was saying WA was no chance of hosting GF.

Or it'll be totally ignored by the vic centric media

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Swans have an outstanding tenacity to make something happen with a dirty ball. Then, when on top they execute with such skill and poise.

But, something about the makes a premiership uncertain.

Last edited:
Or it'll be totally ignored by the vic centric media

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
yeah on second thought it will probably get airtime everywhere except for victoria
still great to know we have campaigners on our side about this.
If we do get an extra game, don't get a ******ed r1 bye and don't get any bs 5-6 day breaks coming back from gc the fixture is sounding a lot more pallatable,

I don't hate the idea of playing two away games in any combination of Melbourne/Adeleide/Sydney (Possibly before a bye) in a row to reduce travel. Should be less of an issue with the transition to a younger list (TBH all teams should be looking into this, if they gotta come to Perth twice may as well travel once).

on a side note (and probably in the wrong thread now) what a lol that the AFL gives us a Friday night game at Optus, only because the NRL is on in Perth on the same night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back