NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I read a statement from another league which suggests that there could be possible restrictions lifted after May 11 which could allow for local footy. Could players be back training at the end of May for a late June start? It doesn’t seem likely in 4 weeks time but who knows? 4 weeks ago we were playing practice matches.

Community level sport firing up before the actual day to day restrictions are lifted surely can’t occur?
Unless of course games are to be played at Bunnings

As much as we’d all love our extra curricular stuff to come back, I’d hate to be in charge of a club or league where someone gets infected by being too eager .....

Community level sport firing up before the actual day to day restrictions are lifted surely can’t occur?
Unless of course games are to be played at Bunnings

As much as we’d all love our extra curricular stuff to come back, I’d hate to be in charge of a club or league where someone gets infected by being too eager .....
Your right Doona no chance then. The league is aiming for a July 4th round 1 and a nine game season I’m hearing . But if The social distancing laws are still in effect, not sure this will happen either

Your right Doona no chance then. The league is aiming for a July 4th round 1 and a nine game season I’m hearing . But if The social distancing laws are still in effect, not sure this will happen either
June 18 was thought to be cut off date. Salary cap will be affected in 2021 too. Imagine clubs chasing sponsors next year. Going to be a nightmare. Players better start getting used to big cuts

June 18 was thought to be cut off date. Salary cap will be affected in 2021 too. Imagine clubs chasing sponsors next year. Going to be a nightmare. Players better start getting used to big cuts
I reckon most players at div 3 level would still be happy to play for less. It will be good for the game

Hope they can squeeze in a season this year. Morang would be kicking their lips, smaller and younger squad this year would mean their lack of depth might not be as tested as much. With everyone playing each other once the fixture will be less of a factor and teams like Kilmore who previously had dream run are guna have to live up to their hype now. Lions 2020

Hope they can squeeze in a season this year. Morang would be kicking their lips, smaller and younger squad this year would mean their lack of depth might not be as tested as much. With everyone playing each other once the fixture will be less of a factor and teams like Kilmore who previously had dream run are guna have to live up to their hype now. Lions 2020

I get everyone’s going bat$hit crazy ... well those doing what’s been asked of us are ha ha but I’d Still be surprised if basic level local footy gets going.
Lot more important things need to be ticked off first to get everyday life, as we will now know it, going again.

As much as many may not wanna hear it, the AFL need to commence first, which in turn offers the revenue stream required for all levels of the sport down the layers.

Likely that, for local leagues wanting to go early, financially it may be tough, even more so if something as basic as local councils blocking use of facilities remains in place.

I get everyone’s going bat$hit crazy ... well those doing what’s been asked of us are ha ha but I’d Still be surprised if basic level local footy gets going.
Lot more important things need to be ticked off first to get everyday life, as we will now know it, going again.

As much as many may not wanna hear it, the AFL need to commence first, which in turn offers the revenue stream required for all levels of the sport down the layers.

Likely that, for local leagues wanting to go early, financially it may be tough, even more so if something as basic as local councils blocking use of facilities remains in place.
Reckon you would know more than most mate but reading AFL Vic statement today sounds more like a case of “when” not “if” community sport returns.

Attachments

• 999E1325-F7AE-4245-AB74-FBCAB196C6DE.jpeg
    999E1325-F7AE-4245-AB74-FBCAB196C6DE.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 206
Reckon you would know more than most mate but reading AFL Vic statement today sounds more like a case of “when” not “if” community sport returns.
I know bugger all, actually enjoying no footy to be truthful, but yeh like many saw the generic email today but still sceptical what can be truly achieved at local levels of sport, other than releasing boredom.

Didn’t hear anything about Kilmore hyping themselves up. I’m sure they will be more than happy just to have a kick and play whatever draw they’re given. The Lions may have dodged a bullet with the proposed salary cap cuts. If a season gets underway, I wonder if they will still be allowed to pay the full amount or be restricted as they originally were.

League is opening up transfers today, interesting to see who, if any jump with the rumored salary cap reductions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know about other leagues, but it’s not a rumour for the NFNL. The figures posted at the top of this page by ‘Wastin Time’ are legitimate.
You would hope that the players would be happy to play for nothing and pay subs to cover league fees anyhow especially in lower divisions. I heard a couple of div 2 teams have agreed to take $100 a win and $50 for a loss. What is the figure for affiliation fees for 2020?

You would hope that the players would be happy to play for nothing and play subs to cover league fees anyhow especially in lower divisions. I heard a couple of div 2 teams have agreed to take $100 a win and $50 for a loss. What is the figure for affiliation fees for 2020?
AFL VIC have come out and said even if the players and coaches play for $0, it will still cost almost every club $50-$60k to finish a 9 game season. Which with no bar, canteen , meals, functions, Makes it nearly impossible to play, unless you have $60k in the bank already. And that amount doesn’t include any merchandise and jumpers that clubs may have ordered prior to this, that has to be paid for. That’s the problem financially wise, on top of the obvious social distancing problems.

Last edited:
AFL VIC have come out and said even if the players and coaches play for $0, it will still cost almost every club $50-$60k to finish a 9 game season. Which with no bar, canteen , meals, functions, Makes it nearly impossible to play, unless you have $60k in the bank already. And that amount doesn’t include any merchandise and jumpers that clubs may have ordered prior to this, that has to be paid for. That’s the problem financially wise, on top of the obvious social distancing problems.
Where did you see that? Can you share it?

I hope the nfl sends out a forecast for clubs of what it will take to run a season. Then give the clubs 4-6 weeks to get themselves in financial order to make a decision on whether there club should proceed. We owe the game and owe the players to give the season every chance we can.

I have seen that Reservoir who are Bottom of div 3 have been running an online lotto fundraiser each week. They take in Ma profit of 300-400 a week. There is 20 weeks before October, that’s 6-8k on top of playing subs of 45 players at $200 which is another $9k. Add in whatever player sponsors and corporate partners that are in a position to contribute. Reduced bar taking and canteen but there is no reason clubs can’t sell pre packed meals for players after training and games. A small bar for players to enjoy while social distancing post game. Run online functions. 50-200 social members sold to past players and family members at $30 is $1500-$6000. 4-6 weeks to for clubs to get there revenue models in order.

We need to work together to find solutions.

Play on

Will all these clubs survive in div 3 if they play this year because next year I think it will be harder again the get sponsors

Will all these clubs survive in div 3 if they play this year because next year I think it will be harder again the get sponsors
Imo d3 clubs are in a better position than many D1 clubs.

I’d say most clubs would have many blokes who would be happy to go without $100... can the same be said about many big d1 players?

Which side looked the best after the practice games earlier this year!! were there any standouts teams

I hope the nfl sends out a forecast for clubs of what it will take to run a season. Then give the clubs 4-6 weeks to get themselves in financial order to make a decision on whether there club should proceed. We owe the game and owe the players to give the season every chance we can.

And What do we owe the volunteers, junior coaches etc who are getting smashed by ill informed people just coz “I miss footy” or “I want someone to train my kid so I don’t have to be proactive”

I for one as a junior coach, father of players etc have little to no interest in returning this year.

Leagues may be asking presidents their thoughts who may be selective in who they have time to seek counsel from etc.
Our club has 13 juniors, 3 senior teams and no hope in fairness of logistically making it work on one oval in town if we try.

Who gets preference? Which players miss the cut of 20 for training etc ...

Plenty more consultation required across all layers if u ask me, again plenty being said, assumed or craved by many not 100% informed ... for volunteers, many who are friends too I don’t wish this situation on any of them and fear the fallout mentally, physically, emotionally on those trying to make something happen for many folk who’d never do the same for them but “want” local sport to happen simply because “I miss it”

Bigger picture, let’s be proactive, be adults, no one needs a green light from a club to get together and exercise, interact, check in on peers mental health etc .... unique times need unique thoughts and processes.

If this is the new norm in terms of compliance etc, maybe a genuine look to 2021 and beyond allows our committees etc every possible chance to be forever ready .... not rushed and half ar$ed

Don’t get me wrong I’d love to compete and be involved and do everything I normally do but having lost a job in football too this year I’m learning and looking at it more than what it means to me and my family

The stresses and strains on volunteers for a compromised product may harm individuals and clubs forever

That’s my main concern

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back