NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

With the AFL set to have long stint off.
I really can’t see local footy getting off the ground this yea

Scott Morrison keeps saying this is gonna be a six-month thing so sadly I pretty much agree. Unprecedented times. I hope all the clubs get looked after here but if the biggest league in the country thinks they're in trouble, I dread to think about the state of the NFNL and also its member clubs.

It's now a time to put aside the local rivalries and help each other out, lots of people are gonna be out of jobs for the time being. A genuine tragic time.

Scott Morrison keeps saying this is gonna be a six-month thing so sadly I pretty much agree. Unprecedented times. I hope all the clubs get looked after here but if the biggest league in the country thinks they're in trouble, I dread to think about the state of the NFNL and also its member clubs.

It's now a time to put aside the local rivalries and help each other out, lots of people are gonna be out of jobs for the time being. A genuine tragic time.
NFNL are in a good position. They are selling their sims road premises they own outright.

Clubs should have little out goings but sponsorship will be the big killer.

NFNL are in a good position. They are selling their sims road premises they own outright.

Clubs should have little out goings but sponsorship will be the big killer.
Are clubs till expected to cough out affiliation fees? Honestly can see quite a lot of clubs really battling for quite some time to bounce back from this. Revenue from bar sales, canteen and social functions will be non existent meaning clubs would be relying on sponsorship to bail them out. Sponsors such as gyms and pubs will probably void there commitments understandably. Not saying it would happen but if we got back and played the second half I wouldnt be surprised if we ended up with 2 divisions

Are clubs till expected to cough out affiliation fees? Honestly can see quite a lot of clubs really battling for quite some time to bounce back from this. Revenue from bar sales, canteen and social functions will be non existent meaning clubs would be relying on sponsorship to bail them out. Sponsors such as gyms and pubs will probably void there commitments understandably. Not saying it would happen but if we got back and played the second half I wouldnt be surprised if we ended up with 2 divisions
I doubt we will see a season.. and no way affiliation fees could be demanded.

Sponsorship will be down for a while no doubt. I can’t imagine a business not effected besides supermarkets ect. But clubs will just have to operate in their means. Most should have spent very little this season besides merch.

When football is back I think we will see a huge support and massive numbers.

I doubt we will see a season.. and no way affiliation fees could be demanded.

Sponsorship will be down for a while no doubt. I can’t imagine a business not effected besides supermarkets ect. But clubs will just have to operate in their means. Most should have spent very little this season besides merch.

When football is back I think we will see a huge support and massive numbers.
That’s why we need the league to come out and say what’s Happening IN regards to fees etc , speak to the clubs don’t just make a decision as they feel it’s necessary . Like in the past. Testing times for all clubs and if the clubs aren’t there the mcdougalls of their world and his associates don’t have a job ... I see AFL have parted ways woth 80% of staff and rest have taken pay cuts .. have NFNL staffers taken pay cuts ? DOUBT IT

That’s why we need the league to come out and say what’s Happening IN regards to fees etc , speak to the clubs don’t just make a decision as they feel it’s necessary . Like in the past. Testing times for all clubs and if the clubs aren’t there the mcdougalls of their world and his associates don’t have a job ... I see AFL have parted ways woth 80% of staff and rest have taken pay cuts .. have NFNL staffers taken pay cuts ? DOUBT IT
It’s a lot different for Gill taking a pay cut from Millions than someone who works at the NFNL earning a normal wage

Stolen from Divy 1 forum

Hi All,

I am writing to you on the back of yesterday’s COVID-19 developments.

Effective immediately the NFNL office will be closed until further notice. All NFNL Staff will be working from home and they can be contacted by email or mobile.

I have just held a meeting with all NFNL staff to inform them that the only remaining option to see some football this year will be a half season from June. Netball could continue past September and play a full season. We will consider this as we work through a myriad of issues for both sports.

As we all know the entire community is affected by the COVID-19 and we will all do our best to manage our personal and work lives during this difficult time.

Regards,

Peter

Peter McDougall
Chief Executive Officer – Northern Football Netball League
La Trobe University Sports Park Stadium
PO Box 405 | Greensborough VIC 3088
Ph: (03) 9435 8228
www.nfnl.org.au

This might be a silly question. But if footy doesn’t go ahead in 2020 and starts up again in 2021, which looks more and more likely. Do contracts of 1 and 2 years include the 2020 year? I can see a lot of players going to country leagues because they may have more money to throw around then suburban clubs.

This might be a silly question. But if footy doesn’t go ahead in 2020 and starts up again in 2021, which looks more and more likely. Do contracts of 1 and 2 years include the 2020 year? I can see a lot of players going to country leagues because they may have more money to throw around then suburban clubs.
No chance, and I don’t know why you would think country clubs have money.. no tourism, cafes ect. Yes farmers should go well. But you’ll find the salary cap will be down across the board majorly

No chance, and I don’t know why you would think country clubs have money.. no tourism, cafes ect. Yes farmers should go well. But you’ll find the salary cap will be down across the board majorly
I don’t think it will be no chance. A lot of contracts state a year like 2020 and if someone can get more money elsewhere in these tough times in 2021, then they will go. Id hate to see it, but you can’t hold them if they want to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think it will be no chance. A lot of contracts state a year like 2020 and if someone can get more money elsewhere in these tough times in 2021, then they will go. Id hate to see it, but you can’t hold them if they want to.
The contracts will expire at date on the it, yes. My point is I don’t think any clubs will be throwing huge money around next year and the salary cap will be heavily reduced

The contracts will expire at date on the it, yes. My point is I don’t think any clubs will be throwing huge money around next year and the salary cap will be heavily reduced
Why will it be heavily reduced and not kept the same as this current year?

Why will it be heavily reduced and not kept the same as this current year?
Because 90% of clubs won’t be able to afford to pay.

Sponsorship will be badly hit.

Have the league looked at discounting fees this year for affiliated clubs?

What info has been given to clubs?
The league dont even know if the season will get away. No money has been demanded off clubs and everything is totally up in the air.

Unless we can eradicate the virus (which is now the aim) i cannot see a season taking place.

Because 90% of clubs won’t be able to afford to pay.

Sponsorship will be badly hit.

The league dont even know if the season will get away. No money has been demanded off clubs and everything is totally up in the air.

Unless we can eradicate the virus (which is now the aim) i cannot see a season taking place.
League has announced they are still planning on a nine game home and away season. Salary caps amended: Div 1 - $50,000, Div 2 - $32,500, Div 3 - $20,000

League has announced they are still planning on a nine game home and away season. Salary caps amended: Div 1 - $50,000, Div 2 - $32,500, Div 3 - $20,000
Where did you hear about those figures? As of lunchtime today AFL Victoria hasn’t made a decision on what the salary will be state wide. Were making the decision in the next few days.

I read a statement from another league which suggests that there could be possible restrictions lifted after May 11 which could allow for local footy. Could players be back training at the end of May for a late June start? It doesn’t seem likely in 4 weeks time but who knows? 4 weeks ago we were playing practice matches.

I read a statement from another league which suggests that there could be possible restrictions lifted after May 11 which could allow for local footy. Could players be back training at the end of May for a late June start? It doesn’t seem likely in 4 weeks time but who knows? 4 weeks ago we were playing practice matches.
Seems a bit early, but who knows, it’s changing day by day. And if those salary caps are right it can’t be a bad thing. Unfortunately players have to take a hit this year so clubs can hit the ground running in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back