NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t read it as a mass exodus,but they have to replace some of the top end talent they have lost. There are decent kids coming through but they won’t replace
Macaffer, Currie and Keys. They really need to find a ruckman and one or two guns.

Call it whatever you want, it’s still a lot of players that played senior footy last year that won’t be there next season. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing as I think we all recognise Eltham isn’t going to be getting out of Div 2 in the immediate future.
Missed there chance and I think with a lot of players leaving, they(players leaving) recognise this.

I do however find it strange they haven’t signed or brought in any recruits, and if they have it hasn’t been posted anywhere.
How is that possible?? Big club, plenty of sponsors and a heap of money freed up with Macaffer, Currie, Keys gone amongst others, and take into consideration the money they would of allocated for Cantwell and O’Regan.

Call it whatever you want, it’s still a lot of players that played senior footy last year that won’t be there next season. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing as I think we all recognise Eltham isn’t going to be getting out of Div 2 in the immediate future.
Missed there chance and I think with a lot of players leaving, they(players leaving) recognise this.

I do however find it strange they haven’t signed or brought in any recruits, and if they have it hasn’t been posted anywhere.
How is that possible?? Big club, plenty of sponsors and a heap of money freed up with Macaffer, Currie, Keys gone amongst others, and take into consideration the money they would of allocated for Cantwell and O’Regan.
Might take development path with their juniors, 2x 19s and best reserves in the division?

They probably are talking to others, just not posting it on Big Footy. I’m sure most clubs are in the middle of negotiations with players.

Who is the other senior player you said has left?

Nothing confirmed and it may not happen, hence me not saying the name, but I have been made aware from someone that has been pretty accurate and is in the know at Eltham, that a certain key fwd could and most likely will be headed elsewhere.
I think that the bloke you are talking about is Still - He will leave and chase the $$$ elsewhere I am told and why wouldnt he??? He is not 21 anymore and the club has lots of young kids coming in that would challange for his spot - Good on him make hay while the sun shines!!

I'm interested to read the doom and gloom surrounding Eltham so far this off season. Might be a transition year next year.

Which teams who finished below them in 2021 will overtake them next year?

with top 3 most likely being
lower banyule and thomo

4th and 5th is a massive chance for teams like st marys or watsy too sneak in

diamo should jump up to 4th but i still think eltham will retain top 5 positioning.

will be closer then recent years !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, good on Still, Macaffer, Currie, Keys etc going to play elsewhere with mates and for money and whatever other reasons. Gave it there all and just weren’t good enough for whatever reasons.

I don’t think anyone will overtake them from the ladder this year. 4th is where they deserved to finish and I think they’ll be around that mark again. Top 3 then daylight. Eltham, Diamo, St Marys going for the last two spots.

Agree, good on Still, Macaffer, Currie, Keys etc going to play elsewhere with mates and for money and whatever other reasons. Gave it there all and just weren’t good enough for whatever reasons.

I don’t think anyone will overtake them from the ladder this year. 4th is where they deserved to finish and I think they’ll be around that mark again. Top 3 then daylight. Eltham, Diamo, St Marys going for the last two spots.
Surely there are plenty of kids coming through to replace them, most of their guys are at the back end of their career.

Surely there are plenty of kids coming through to replace them, most of their guys are at the back end of their career.
From what I’m told they have 20 odd Kids coming up from the u19’s and around the same going into the U19’s from their undefeated U17 side.
Plus their Reserve’s were undefeated last year as well, I don’t think their too worried.
To top it off they’ve got Hydey.

From what I’m told they have 20 odd Kids coming up from the u19’s and around the same going into the U19’s from their undefeated U17 side.
Plus their Reserve’s were undefeated last year as well, I don’t think their too worried.
To top it off they’ve got Hydey.
Reserves have been dominant last few years and still hasn’t helped them win a flag with the seniors. Yes it gives depth and great to have the reserves winning. Same with there juniors. No doubting they have plenty of talent with young guys but I don’t think it helps them next season to finish higher then 4th.
Hyde been around a long time, heard he was talked into going around again next season. Is he fully committed or just doing it because he was talked into it??
Tough gig if you’re not fully invested. I don’t know the answer, just asking.

Reserves have been dominant last few years and still hasn’t helped them win a flag with the seniors. Yes it gives depth and great to have the reserves winning. Same with there juniors. No doubting they have plenty of talent with young guys but I don’t think it helps them next season to finish higher then 4th.
Hyde been around a long time, heard he was talked into going around again next season. Is he fully committed or just doing it because he was talked into it??
TBH will still probably have a pretty decent year, surely there will be a lot of kids who relish the opportunity. Plenty of current d1 sides spent a good amount of time in d2. Panther have lost 2 years basically with a fair few of their top liners in their prime.

You obviously don’t know Hydey too well.

You obviously don’t know Hydey too well.
Hence the question! Thought it was valid considering he was convinced to go around again? Doesn’t scream 100% commitment to me.
So I’m assuming you know him really well?
I get that from your comment and his history he’s clearly always been very commited. But being a lot older now, the last couple of years being written off and then having some quality players leaving and thinking they probably won’t be competing to win the flag, it wouldn’t surprise if he did need some convincing to stick around

Last edited:
Hence the question! Thought it was valid considering he was convinced to go around again? Doesn’t scream 100% commitment to me.
So I’m assuming you know him really well?
I get that from your comment and his history he’s clearly always been very commited. But being a lot older now, the last couple of years being written off and then having some quality players leaving and thinking they probably won’t be competing to win the flag, it wouldn’t surprise if he did need some convincing to stick around
I know him from his Greensborough days and he would like nothing better than to work with and develop the young talent coming through. That’s what he does best.
I’m looking forward to seeing how it works out.
Lower
Banyule
Eltham
Thomastown
Diamo
Anyone of them can win on the day.

Very little parking so no chance of getting finals.

Ground is a great junior ground, is it big enough for senior footy?

From playing there in juniors it became quite a bog during winter, especially with turf wicket (is that still an issue)
Just measured Binnak Park, the playing surface is exactly 150x127. For what it’s worth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back