NFNL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard on the grapevine a bit of their attention may have turned to securing a playing venue for next season.

Works are two months behind already. Feel for them with this being the case in their first season in D1.
Is the second oval not usable?

Been about the worst time in the last 30 years to try and re do a ground, has rained continuously for ages now.

Both Banyule’s grounds are terrible.
Bad luck with the weather which you can’t control but one of the worst grounds in NFNL

I'm sure both Heidelberg and Heidelberg West respectively would be happy to accommodate them for a season. Fixture could be realigned like Macleod did one year where all home games were played at the back half of the season.

It is fine for 1 season - good viewing, playing surface OK and as good as Hurstbridge and Whittlesea FFS
Hurstbridge surface holds up beautifully throughout the season and Whit can get a bit wet but it's pretty good IMO.
The 2nd oval at Banyule would be the worst oval in the NFNL if senior football got on it.

Hurstbridge surface holds up beautifully throughout the season and Whit can get a bit wet but it's pretty good IMO.
The 2nd oval at Banyule would be the worst oval in the NFNL if senior football got on it.
How is there such a ground shortage and that’s sitting there in such poor condition. Regardless be better than having no home games.

Surely the ground will be ready. It’s only November. How long can it take to do the works and lay the grass, then again it is the council.

Heard on the grapevine a bit of their attention may have turned to securing a playing venue for next season.

Works are two months behind already. Feel for them with this being the case in their first season in D1.
I drove past on the way to work this morning and the grass has grown back on one side of the dig site

I'm sure both Heidelberg and Heidelberg West respectively would be happy to accommodate them for a season. Fixture could be realigned like Macleod did one year where all home games were played at the back half of the season.
I believe an approach has been made to those clubs but looks unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough one as both Banyule and Heidelberg have a ton of junior sides also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back