NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt he would have kicked a lazy 13 mate to get in the GF.
I’m talking pure hypotheticals, not necessarily regarding if you plonked him in the side on the day of the PF, but whether his contributions might have led to a slightly different final ladder and therefore a different finals series. Obviously Heidelberg we’re the front runners for the flag and that likely wouldn’t have changed, but you never know how far each side would’ve gone in that hypothetical scenario.
You must have been living under a rock. It was the leading news story on channel 9 that night because he had to wait an hour for an ambulance. Then it was in the paper the following day
Ah there you go, I’m not a big consumer of mainstream media, and my involvement with the league is usually contained to the women’s league so something happening in round 1 of the mens comp would usually be outside of when I might be paying attention. It happens I guess.

Every week is a tough week, but round 2 has some decent games:

Bulls v Boro - Bulls do not want to slip to 0-2 early especially allowing fellow final contender to be 3-0. Lots of talk about Bulls list, this is where we will find out. 0-2 will not sit well.
Roosters v Bulldogs - Both will do everything to get on the board after Rd 1 losses. Dogs seem to have a few ins coming.
Kangaroos v Panthers - What some think will be an early relegation battle, clearly an early win puts one in the box seat. Maybe playing catch up whoever drops this one.
Bridges v Bears - Should be a cracker this, both have eyes securing a 2-0 start obviously 1 won't. Both recruited well to add to what they had.
Magpies v Tigers - Seems many think this is an early GF preview. Last time they played at Para Rd was a thrilling draw both coming of wins to last years finalists.

Early look says another great autumn day. Great for local footy.

really impressed with the Banyule v Macleod game. Fast paced, good ball use, lots of young kids! Think the score line flattered Macleod a little bit with a bit of a comeback in the last ten minutes.

Yodgee and Reuben Blackmore-Moore were outstanding and will be some serious guns in the comp in the next couple years. Jack Langford did the job against his old club with some clutch moments in front goal.

Macleod were young!!! Michael Hurley was outstanding, think they’ll struggle in weeks without him and win some games when he’s available tho I heard he’s not available too much. Some of their kids were fantastic & good to watch. I was harsh on them but after Saturday not sure they are the relegation favourites.

Banyule still eyeing off 6th-4th imo

really impressed with the Banyule v Macleod game. Fast paced, good ball use, lots of young kids! Think the score line flattered Macleod a little bit with a bit of a comeback in the last ten minutes.

Yodgee and Reuben Blackmore-Moore were outstanding and will be some serious guns in the comp in the next couple years. Jack Langford did the job against his old club with some clutch moments in front goal.

Macleod were young!!! Michael Hurley was outstanding, think they’ll struggle in weeks without him and win some games when he’s available tho I heard he’s not available too much. Some of their kids were fantastic & good to watch. I was harsh on them but after Saturday not sure they are the relegation favourites.

Banyule still eyeing off 6th-4th imo
Hurls should play around 10 games. All comes down to commitment at Essendon if they play on a Saturday

Within the month all things going well.
Florance starting ruckman.
Chircop ( suspended)
Skipper McDonald back this week from suspension.
Ben Giobbi starting rover ( suspended)
And recruit X all on the park.

All good to query gents but I’m not sure anyone knew above in regards to north’s returning. ( none of them vfl affialited so will play every week ) Halfway mark will tell a story.
Why say recruit X. I don’t see the issue with naming players.

They are some good ins. Heidelberg have a few ins to come aswell. Are any of these players goal kickers for North? Most premiership teams have a player that kicks 40-50+. Who do you think can do that for North? They still have enough quality to finish top 3/4

On another note. I just heard Bundoora may be in a bit of strife after an incident Saturday against Montmorency. Apparently McEvoy was unconscious on the ground and bleeding from the head. He went off and then came back on the ground 15-20 minutes later. Surely knocked out means your done??

Just finished watching the Bulls vs Mont game.
Bulls are not as bad as I thought they were going to be.
Big Steph at CHB marked everything for Mont absolute beast. Most forwards would hate matching up against him. Congrats to Nash Holmes on a great first up game at Mont even though 12 wore him like a glove got plenty of the pill.

SWOOPINGTIME

Just finished watching the Bulls vs Mont game.
Bulls are not as bad as I thought they were going to be.
Big Steph at CHB marked everything for Mont absolute beast. Most forwards would hate matching up against him. Congrats to Nash Holmes on a great first up game at Mont even though 12 wore him like a glove got plenty of the pill.

SWOOPINGTIME
Well said, watched first half of Mont v Bundoora and Holmes was really impressive, they attempted to try everything to put him off his game but to his credit it obviously showed his class by not getting involved with any of the tactics used against him he was just to smart for them and ran them intoi the ground and kept getting plenty of the pill.
Only negative on the first half was the little toe tap by Bulls player to the scone of the Mont player on the ground after he took a mark

Well said, watched first half of Mont v Bundoora and Holmes was really impressive, they attempted to try everything to put him off his game but to his credit it obviously showed his class by not getting involved with any of the tactics used against him he was just to smart for them and ran them intoi the ground and kept getting plenty of the pill.
Only negative on the first half was the little toe tap by Bulls player to the scone of the Mont player on the ground after he took a mark
Did see that! Steph is a ripping bloke who just plays footy, and very well, I must add. Pretty dirty by the bloke in the Bulls jumper think his going to have a fair stint on the sidelines.

SWOOPINGTIME

Did see that! Steph is a ripping bloke who just plays footy, and very well, I must add. Pretty dirty by the bloke in the Bulls jumper think his going to have a fair stint on the sidelines.

SWOOPINGTIME
Was he cited? Do you have an actual time of it as I was near camera man and the Mont supporters yelled out to him did he get it on video and he turned around and gave thumbs up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waiting for someone to shed some light he’s still on there list probably means he’s playing as he would not go play a lower div after that injury would want the best grounds for his leg

Waiting for someone to shed some light he’s still on there list probably means he’s playing as he would not go play a lower div after that injury would want the best grounds for his leg
He may play, wait & see as you would expect with the extent of injury.

Was he cited? Do you have an actual time of it as I was near camera man and the Mont supporters yelled out to him did he get it on video and he turned around and gave thumbs up.

1st 1/4. 22m 20s.

Mont lad takes mark, Bundy #32 walks passed a has a cheap kick to the head.

Look it's not a wind up boot the scull but it is a kick and a stupid act and Mont lad stays down grabbing his head for 15 seconds, maybe looking for a 50 or card or maybe it was hard enough for him to stay down, it's hard to judge the power of the kick, did not look powerful but no one thinks they are getting a kick to the head like that.

Did MRP see it? Do they look for something like a player staying down and the reasons why? Did Mont report it?

1st 1/4. 22m 20s.

Look it's not a wind up boot the scull but it is a kick and a stupid act and Mont lad stays down grabbing his head for 15 seconds, maybe looking for a 50 or card or maybe it was hard enough for him to stay down, it's hard to judge the power of the kick, did not look powerful but no one thinks they are getting a kick to the head like that.

Did MRP see it? Do they look for something like a player staying down and the reasons why? Did Mont report it?
Would like to see it given a week due to the stupidity.

1st 1/4. 22m 20s.

Thanks I just couldnt be bothered going through the game to find it.

You would think that the league look at all games dont they ?? HAHA and umpires boss does to apparently. Regardless its a dumb thing to do. He should be cited . No place in the game for that behaviour. And for once I would support Mont reporting it regardless of impact. Make the kid learn a lesson hes just lucky he wasnt playing in the 80'S / 90's otherwise he would not have got to the next contest.

Congratulations to an absolute superstar of the NFNL on his retirement.
350 games @ local level
1300 goals
Not only has he set it a light on the big stage, he has wowed us on the local fields as well. Gazza, it's been an absolute pleasure watching you do your thing.
Loved watching you rip the hearts out of the Monty boys at Cramer Street

Screenshot_20240417_233336_Google.jpg

SWOOPINGTIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Back