NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Keys had a good night. Score board probably wasn’t reflective of match. North missed lots of chances. 2-3 goals I reckon about the right margin.
Neutrals observation was even well fought first Qtr , bergs got better and controlled the game until the last 15 mins when North to their credit fought on.
Heidelberg weren’t flattered by the scoreboard. They were comfortably better after qtr time.

I’ll stand by this call. Norths list not as good as we thought.

If Mont get their best side on they could win this.
I watched the second half of tonight's game, Heidelberg, to quick and clean with the footy. Big crowd, not sure the lights are good enough for games.

SWOOPINGTIME

Neutrals observation was even well fought first Qtr , bergs got better and controlled the game until the last 15 mins when North to their credit fought on.
Heidelberg weren’t flattered by the scoreboard. They were comfortably better after qtr time.
I agree - Bergs looked to be comfortably in control throughout the night and you never got the feeling that Nth were going to seriously challange.
I reckon Nth are going to miss Daw a lot more than they would care to admit - They just didnt have that x factor last night without a Daw or Harvey.
Thought the lights were pretty average?
Having seen the slime & Eltham play on Good Friday, this game was just a much different level, more talent across the field and their gap to that other game was enormous - 1st DIV v 2nd Div seperation.

Checked DIV1 PP this morning for yesterdays games:
  • ELTHAM - 30/46
  • HURST - 46/46
  • MONT - 42/46
  • BUNDY - 45/46
  • BAN - 46/46
  • MAC - 36/46
  • GREENS - 41/46
  • W PRES - 46/46
  • Nth H - 42/46
  • BERGS - 38/46

Not sure what it tells us other than Panther are playing their home grown & the Bergs at 38 points have lots of scope to play their VFL players when available without points impact - Scary!!
Hurst, Bundy, Ban and WEST all at full points which means developing their own talent not happening?

Lol shocked at the north dissing after one game. But that’s the beauty of big footy, People jump opinions week to week. Let’s revisit in 8 weeks. Give all the teams the chance to fire up.
Agree, I think we will find out more over the next few weeks.

Interesting outlook. With Mont barely getting past a side that no one gave any chance to do any damage this year.

Sticking with dogs, notorious slow starters to seasons. 0-3 last year.

Big recruit incoming
From what I saw last night, that incoming player better be able produce the goods because they seriously look like an average side against Heidelberg.
Heidelberg OR Mont my pick for the GF

SWOOPINGTIME

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will keep the receipts for 5 months time swoop. Assuming by your profile pic, you’re deer park. Suggest you don the boots based on your seniors flogging and reserves 300-0 scoreline yesterday.
LOL, Playing days are well and truly over for me mate, just reminisce of the days gone by. Doesn't help that the captain of the ressies had his wedding and invited nearly half of the playing list

SWOOPINGTIME

Is it just me or do the live scores/results seem very glitchy this year
Me as well. I wrote a match report for North vs Heidelberg and my notes weren’t matching up with the goalkickers at the end of the game (mainly because Heidelberg have white numbers so it can be hard to see the first number for double digit players on the sash) so I figured I’d use PlayHQ to confirm goalkickers but the play by play stats were gone. Super frustrating but these things are bound to happen when moving to a new site. Hopefully it’s a bit more stable throughout the season.

The history is not entire only back to 2006 i believe..so some years missing
GameDay has it going back to 2011, hopefully all the match results from back then will get ported over to PlayHQ. I’m honestly a little bit surprised the league is still using GameDay at the same time as PlayHQ now but it’s a welcome surprise if it means keeping some of the past results and ladders available for now.

Will keep the receipts for 5 months time swoop. Assuming by your profile pic, you’re deer park. Suggest you don the boots based on your seniors flogging and reserves 300-0 scoreline yesterday.
Where are Norths goals coming from this year? Daw, Baddeley-Kelly and Hogan are gone. That’s over 100 goals out the door. And is Chircop playing? That another 40 goals.

I think they have enough quality through the middle, but scoring is going to be an issue against the better teams.

Where are Norths goals coming from this year? Daw, Baddeley-Kelly and Hogan are gone. That’s over 100 goals out the door. And is Chircop playing? That another 40 goals.

I think they have enough quality through the middle, but scoring is going to be an issue against the better teams.
Agreed with this, it’s got to hurt. A big recruit could make a difference but let’s see.

Would love to know the situation regarding Boomer, didn’t play on Saturday night but he’s obviously getting older and only played 6 games last year. He’s still on the North list but is it a case of only playing when points allow for it? Bear in mind I’m not 100% sure how points work but I would assume he’d be a 1 point player now wouldn’t he?

Would love to know the situation regarding Boomer, didn’t play on Saturday night but he’s obviously getting older and only played 6 games last year. He’s still on the North list but is it a case of only playing when points allow for it? Bear in mind I’m not 100% sure how points work but I would assume he’d be a 1 point player now wouldn’t he?
Only played one game last year from memory, badly broken leg in Round 1.
Would be a one pointer yes.

Brock is playing yes.

Only played one game last year from memory, badly broken leg in Round 1.
Would be a one pointer yes.
Ahhh yes as it turns out I was looking at 2021 stats regarding the 8 games, my fault. That’s very unfortunate, I must have missed that happening. Hope he’s on the way back though, would have been incredibly handy on Saturday and probably could’ve been enough to get North to the Grand Final last season.

Ahhh yes as it turns out I was looking at 2021 stats regarding the 8 games, my fault. That’s very unfortunate, I must have missed that happening. Hope he’s on the way back though, would have been incredibly handy on Saturday and probably could’ve been enough to get North to the Grand Final last season.
I doubt he would have kicked a lazy 13 mate to get in the GF.

You must have been living under a rock. It was the leading news story on channel 9 that night because he had to wait an hour for an ambulance. Then it was in the paper the following day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back