Murray Football League - General Thread June 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard a little rumour that Nathalia are in discussion with delisted Richmond player Daniel Connors to play for the remainder of the season with them. Can anyone give me some info on this or let us all know if its true or not. Apparently offered $2000 a game......
Have heard the same from a reliable source.

A de-registered AFL player becomes a free agent so he doesnt need a clearance

That's amazing.. You'd think if a player became de-registered the AFL would make them sit out the rest of the season, or that he'd still be registered to a 'home' club that he'd have to get a clearance from. Even though Connors would've gone through the TAC club or something similar, I would've thought he'd have some connection to a local club.

Anyway, good luck to the purps if true. By the sounds of it they probably don't need him to give the flag a good tilt, he'd make them even harder to beat if he plays and performs.

That's amazing.. You'd think if a player became de-registered the AFL would make them sit out the rest of the season, or that he'd still be registered to a 'home' club that he'd have to get a clearance from. Even though Connors would've gone through the TAC club or something similar, I would've thought he'd have some connection to a local club.

Anyway, good luck to the purps if true. By the sounds of it they probably don't need him to give the flag a good tilt, he'd make them even harder to beat if he plays and performs.

I think you'll find that he had to play on the weekend to qualify.
Don't think he made his intentions clear until it was to late.
Seems he may have missed the boat.

I think you'll find that he had to play on the weekend to qualify.
Don't think he made his intentions clear until it was to late.
Seems he may have missed the boat.
i recon same mate, i thought you had to play 6 games during reg season to qualify for finals... dunno

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oi dead shits, talking crap about heritage*. He was in the GV's team of the decade, so all you Ozzzy lovers, better get your story straight!

Doesn't alter the fact he's a tosser, with a big mouth.
Jason Akermanis won the brownlow, 4 flags and was all aussie, doesn't alter the fact that he's a tosser with a big mouth, does it???
Fev won the coleman, doesn't alter the fact he's a tosser with a big mouth does it ???

Wish he'd slept in 12 months ago:thumbsu:

Ringo – Before you have a crack at Connors you should have a look in your own backyard. You could have joined him at nap time in 2011. You had the best list of footballers running around in country Victoria in 2011 when you were coaching Echuca, and you could not make it to the last dance. This could have been caused by one of four things:
  1. You cannot coach.
  2. Your side was full of mercenaries who were playing for coin and their ego’s and not the jumper.
  3. You were asleep.
  4. You cannot expect a team of footballers to respond to your school teacher approach to coaching.
:thumbsu:

Ringo – Before you have a crack at Connors you should have a look in your own backyard. You could have joined him at nap time in 2011. You had the best list of footballers running around in country Victoria in 2011 when you were coaching Echuca, and you could not make it to the last dance. This could have been caused by one of four things:
  1. You cannot coach.
  2. Your side was full of mercenaries who were playing for coin and their ego’s and not the jumper.
  3. You were asleep.
  4. You cannot expect a team of footballers to respond to your school teacher approach to coaching.
:thumbsu:

Yeah mate you are right on all accounts-it was not a crack at Dan at all-I was wishing he was with us last year. In fact very humorous piece of work buddy-keep it up well done! Don't know how I keep getting coaching jobs! Seeing you know my credentials or lack of them perhaps you could post yours? Well done champ:thumbsu:

I have heard a little rumour that Nathalia are in discussion with delisted Richmond player Daniel Connors to play for the remainder of the season with them. Can anyone give me some info on this or let us all know if its true or not. Apparently offered $2000 a game......

Gee I thought they bred em there. I guess from their list they breed em from all over: Shepp, Ky,Echuca, Melb............

filthy Tongala galahs.
Play the game, not the man, maybe, ( I doubt it tho) you might actually put a decent game in. Instead of probably going back another league to the KDFL...:p
And why, the ump, if he was watching the dog punch a certain Tiger player around the head as well as elbows and whatever the maggot could come up with all day, didnt report him, cause he was as weak as @#$! like the scum he was protecting.

filthy Tongala galahs.
Play the game, not the man, maybe, ( I doubt it tho) you might actually put a decent game in. Instead of probably going back another league to the KDFL...:p
And why, the ump, if he was watching the dog punch a certain Tiger player around the head as well as elbows and whatever the maggot could come up with all day, didnt report him, cause he was as weak as @#$! like the scum he was protecting.

Yabby

Before slagging off to much I would make sure your own back yard is pretty clean first. Osbourne, Rudd & Lucas are a few that are still clasping at straws trying to prolong their careers. Their style of play leaves alot to be desired on many an occasion.

its been said on picola league thread that shep east coach Hayden best will be coaching congupna next year but was wondering has mark o.meara stepped down after this year????

its been said on picola league thread that shep east coach Hayden best will be coaching congupna next year but was wondering has mark o.meara stepped down after this year????
Noticed that Brett Vallender kicked 9 goals on the weekend. Was taken off early and not allowed to go back on. Think he had a knee reco in May, this would have to be one of the better recoveries from a major knee operation to be back playing. Good luck to him and he will only make the purps a bit stronger

Noticed that Brett Vallender kicked 9 goals on the weekend. Was taken off early and not allowed to go back on. Think he had a knee reco in May, this would have to be one of the better recoveries from a major knee operation to be back playing. Good luck to him and he will only make the purps a bit stronger

Must have had a LARS operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back