Murray Football League - General Thread June 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
United remain undefeated having beaten Congupna today. Umpiring in the game was very ordinary at one point after a United behind on the kick in umpire calls the ball hasn't gone the distance play on a Congupna player caught the ball was immediately tackled and the umpire awarded Congupna a fifty meter penalty.

United remain undefeated having beaten Congupna today. Umpiring in the game was very ordinary at one point after a United behind on the kick in umpire calls the ball hasn't gone the distance play on a Congupna player caught the ball was immediately tackled and the umpire awarded Congupna a fifty meter penalty.

Things dont change jhig
Watched the Cobram v Numurkah game today, WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE, Umpires need to be scrutinized I think, there should be a neutral party watching every game. I know the story "dont knock the umps theres not many of them, Hard to get them to do the job, blah blah blah.........' BUT when they get sucked into Melodramatic displays like #17 GLEDHILL put up today, (he got 3 votes in the LOGIES from me), and give free kicks one after the other from that moment on. They have a lot to answer for. Id love to know the free count, and 50mtr penatly count. They tried hard to win it for them.
DISGRACE, DISGRACE, DISGRACE..............:thumbsdown:

I went and watched Moama v Tongala umpiring was very ordinary but it was ordinary both ways the older one was at least consistent with his crappiness. Although the umpiring standard matched the game.

I went and watched Moama v Tongala umpiring was very ordinary but it was ordinary both ways the older one was at least consistent with his crappiness. Although the umpiring standard matched the game.

Maybe we need some retired players to join the umpires, their experience would be invaluable. The clubs could be proactive in approaching their retired players.

Because of the abuse handed out by some supporters many of the good young ones coming up have given it away. Who can blame them.

Maybe we need some retired players to join the umpires, their experience would be invaluable. The clubs could be proactive in approaching their retired players.

Because of the abuse handed out by some supporters many of the good young ones coming up have given it away. Who can blame them.

I find its the OLDER ones that are the problem, You can see the bias, Some seem to have a grudge with certain clubs. They seem to have a feeling of Invincibility, and there is always one that stamps his authority on the game and the rest follow like sheep.

Tom Sheldon to Nathalia.. Good mates with Chris 'afro' Atkins, who also has a few more in the pipe lines.

The purples are building nicely and could be hard to beat come September.

Numurkah v Congupna 21pts
Nathalia v Rumbalara 80pts
Echuca United v Deni 32pts
Barooga v Finley 36pts
Tocumwal v Mulwala 45pts
Tongala v Cobram 56pts

Tom Sheldon to Nathalia.. Good mates with Chris 'afro' Atkins, who also has a few more in the pipe lines.

The purples are building nicely and could be hard to beat come September.

Massive pick up for the purps if this is true. This bloke can kick a footy. Nathalia traveling very nice atm

The Cobram Football Club and community was saddened today with the news that Club and MFL Legend Les Mogg passed away today.
Our thoughts are with the Mogg family.

Numurkah v Congupna 21pts
Nathalia v Rumbalara 80pts
Echuca United v Deni 32pts
Barooga v Finley 36pts
Tocumwal v Mulwala 45pts
Tongala v Cobram 56pts
Gee bit out on a few games with my margins............:eek:
Good work by the Finley boys too.... I like.:thumbsu: as well as united:thumbsu:

9.16-70 Barooga def. by Finley 12.17-89
12.14-86 Echuca United def. Deniliquin Rams 4.6-30
30.15-195 Nathalia def. Rumbalara 7.6-48
12.11-83 Numurkah def. Congupna 11.15-81
4.6-30 Tocumwal def. by Mulwala 32.16-208
10.7-67 Tongala def. by Cobram 17.15-117

Hey Guys has come to my attention that it has been very quiet on here!!

Just wondering has the Senior Inter-League squad been picked as of yet???

Interesting read in the Weekly Times about Toc paying their players to train.
$25 for seniors and $15 for reserves and they only get paid if 20 or more people train.
What are thoughts on this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting read in the Weekly Times about Toc paying their players to train.
$25 for seniors and $15 for reserves and they only get paid if 20 or more people train.
What are thoughts on this?

I have 2 thoughts on this
1. I guess it is pay them to train or they would have not been able to field 2 sides maybe not even 1, if the reports earlier in the year of only 6 or so players in preseason training were true.

2. What has happened in the club that it can get to resorting to paying players to train when they won the flag 3 years ago. Im assuming it Never happened to numurkah after going back to back in 99-2000 or deni with there 4 peat and it definitely didn't happen at Nathalia after our 4.

I know I have mentioned the umpires a couple of times but the umpires in the seniors were poor and must be disappointed that the money they had on Mulwala is gone. However the umpire in the reserves takes the cake he just did nit pay frees to either team tackles were nit rewarded you could tackle high and jump on their backs I have never seen anything like it before.

They are a disgrace, what i hear you cant even defend yourself from a thug, with 'an open forearm' to the chest,that's what the oxygen thief reported a player for anyway, and was given a week off...... as I said OXYGEN THIEVES....:thumbsdown:

Went and seen purples play moama today, seen moama last weekend and same thing happened, really competitive up untill the 3rd. Nathalia looks good when there in front but moama gave them a scare up untill the 3rd, Davies kicked 8 goals as a midfielder/small forward and atkins dominated for them across the middle! For moama they were led out of defence well by Aaorn wilson, provided great contest and run, while Sellings run all day and found a heap, playing another outstanding game for a young player. Beard, grant and Eade all got beaten with the likes of davies, gemmil lucas and daniels all very solid! Interesting to see that united also won against cobram, which would be considered an upset!!

Jungle drums are beating at Moama......the pres and committee will say they are on the right track.......players not happy with the total GV influence off the field that obviously isn't working....watch this space:eek:

Jungle drums are beating at Moama......the pres and committee will say they are on the right track.......players not happy with the total GV influence off the field that obviously isn't working....watch this space:eek:

Hmm there is obviously some inside problems at the footy club, they have been beaten by 100+ points 3 times already and 90 and 60 on other occasions, There new recruits are embarrassing themselves and i've only seen them play 3 times. Off the feild its obvious who your talking about. The coach should be in the two's, Aaron Wilson is holding the team on his shoulders week in week out and the only other guy doing his job got dropped (jye sellings) back to the twos after he was named in the best 3 out of 5 games, and they bought in a 38 year old two's player. There are some obvious Bad signs and compared to the last year few seasons the club is on the downward slide when it should be on the up... Tough times ahead at the footy club.

Good to see the MFL doin the right thing in the interleague...

Picking blokes that hadnt trained at all and leaving out young blokes that made the effort to get to all the trainings...

Hmm there is obviously some inside problems at the footy club, they have been beaten by 100+ points 3 times already and 90 and 60 on other occasions, There new recruits are embarrassing themselves and i've only seen them play 3 times. Off the feild its obvious who your talking about. The coach should be in the two's, Aaron Wilson is holding the team on his shoulders week in week out and the only other guy doing his job got dropped (jye sellings) back to the twos after he was named in the best 3 out of 5 games, and they bought in a 38 year old two's player. There are some obvious Bad signs and compared to the last year few seasons the club is on the downward slide when it should be on the up... Tough times ahead at the footy club.

They have gone from finals the last 3 years including 2 grandfinals to this. Of course they will say they are on track and everything is going well. Just like things went well when they sacked there coach and 16 players walked out with him......:eek:

I think the coach will be fine-he will be giving the job everything and he will respond to the challenge ahead of him. No doubt the club has fallen away but its not Simon's fault. Give him time and support and things will turn around.

Murray FL 1 2 8 3 5 23 3 8 26 6 9 45
Sunraysia FL 4 4 28 10 6 66 15 13 103 21 19 145

Murray FL
Goal Kickers: S. Robinson 2, L. Jarjoura , M. Jackson , R. Priest , T. Doyle
Best Players: S. Robinson, D. Dalziel, N. Howe, B. Sanderson, D. Hueston, J. Cullum
Sunraysia FL
Goal Kickers: Z. Peake 5, J. Flack 4, C. Lando 4, B. Thomas 3, B. Eaton 2, M. Alvey , J. Dawson , A. Matthews
Best Players: J. Flack, D. Deangelis, B. Eaton, M. Alvey, N. Hamence, Z. Peake

Murray FL 1 2 8 3 5 23 3 8 26 6 9 45
Sunraysia FL 4 4 28 10 6 66 15 13 103 21 19 145

Murray FL
Goal Kickers: S. Robinson 2, L. Jarjoura , M. Jackson , R. Priest , T. Doyle
Best Players: S. Robinson, D. Dalziel, N. Howe, B. Sanderson, D. Hueston, J. Cullum
Sunraysia FL
Goal Kickers: Z. Peake 5, J. Flack 4, C. Lando 4, B. Thomas 3, B. Eaton 2, M. Alvey , J. Dawson , A. Matthews
Best Players: J. Flack, D. Deangelis, B. Eaton, M. Alvey, N. Hamence, Z. Peake

The Murray side did not fire a shot! Would have been hard to find the 6 best players (only had 3-4 blokes win their spot on the day). Read an early post about picking blokes who did training? What's that about?

Bit quiet in here...... o_O
Numurkah v Mulwala 20pts
Nathalia v Toc 87 pts
United v Barooga 31 pts
Tonny v Finley 15 pts
Moama V Deni 45 pts
Cobram v Rumba 37 pts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back