Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Finding it hard to get a grasp on who the top seed is this year.

Congupna, Moama, mulwala, Finley, Cobram in no particular order?? Am I missing someone???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sounds like an attitude thing to me, I’ve heard first hand his home club don’t want him back so no surprise to me that he hasn’t landed anywhere at this point in the year.
Heard first hand they’ll have him back tomorrow. Sounds like you have no idea.

No, I didn’t hear it from everyone at his home club. Just a few lads from there that i had a chat with at the end of last season.
Please elaborate who the lads were Nickedoff…. as you are willing to say it’s true on an open forum and publicly disgrace someone. I’m happy to pass it on to the family.
Middletons are still closely involved and friends with the members of the Berrigan football club. They have volunteered at this club for multiple years as a trainer, team manager and a coach to the juniors. Please make sure the information you are posting is correct - a few “lads” do not speak for the club.

Last edited:
Spoken with friends of this family and definitely wasn’t chasing coin and had commitment to Mul. From what I’ve heard, his coach from last year was more than happy to have him this year but with a young family the travel to Melbourne would have been too much. Rumours of him contacting clubs to play at are untrue but people believe what they wish.
Don’t understand the travelling to Melbourne reference ? Is the player living in Melbourne ?

Don’t understand the travelling to Melbourne reference ? Is the player living in Melbourne ?
If it’s Ronald Harley Middleton his definitely living in Berrigan with a young family ? Not playing at Berrigan this year gone to play at Lockhart in the Hume league so travel still a factor but I’m sure Harley will wear the mighty saints colours again in the future, an as the newbie Port20 the middletons are a wonderful family that’s has volunteered countless hrs at the football club over many years , But like ever football netball club everyone has different personalities so it’s hard to keep everyone happy an everyone has opinion on different things so a typical footy website chatting about clubs an players in general is surely here to stir up some people but the old Chinese whispers have been around for many years an many more years to come !!! But as for the big news out of town I’m hearing the young/old kid Yelland is looking after his hamstrings in the ovens an Murray at the moment to have his final few years back at Berrigan where it all started . 39 👍

It was a strange game to watch today at Moama from a personal point of view when heavily invested in Kyabram’s recent hey day. Had many former Kyabram premiership senior players in Moama’s team playing against former Kyabram Reserves premiership players in Tongala’s senior team playing against each other.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Another unexpected game this week rumba v deni, rumba getting within 14points with umpires robbing them quite abit, more so then deni , deni had a couple key players out though, still was an exciting game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app the

Yeah it was a lot tighter a game then the score suggest. I reckon the lead changed half a dozen times in the last half. I don’t want to use the umpires as an excuse, both teams had there chances to win but Deni’s bigger bodies that was the difference in the last quarter. When all the shorter blokes got fatigued, none of the bigger bodies shrunk. But there’s plenty of positives to take out of it for Rumba. This was always going to be a development year for our list and club, and with the result from every game building our groups experience, it will pay massive dividends eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Yeah it was a lot tighter a game then the score suggest. I reckon the lead changed half a dozen times in the last half. I don’t want to use the umpires as an excuse, both teams had there chances to win but Deni’s bigger bodies that was the difference in the last quarter. When all the shorter blokes got fatigued, none of the bigger bodies shrunk. But there’s plenty of positives to take out of it for Rumba. This was always going to be a development year for our list and club, and with the result from every game building our groups experience, it will pay massive dividends eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
A massive improvement from the club when it appeared some thought things may go the other way .
Club needs to be congratulated as the first stage of improvement is often the hardest .

Please elaborate who the lads were Nickedoff…. as you are willing to say it’s true on an open forum and publicly disgrace someone. I’m happy to pass it on to the family.
Middletons are still closely involved and friends with the members of the Berrigan football club. They have volunteered at this club for multiple years as a trainer, team manager and a coach to the juniors. Please make sure the information you are posting is correct - a few “lads” do not speak for the club.
It was in reference to one person not the whole family. I’m sure they’ve done a significant amount and will continue to do so.
The conversation was to why he isn’t playing at Mul or Berrigan this year, those ‘lads’ I mention played seniors at Berrigan.
If he is wanted back by them, why isn’t he playing there this year?

It was in reference to one person not the whole family. I’m sure they’ve done a significant amount and will continue to do so.
The conversation was to why he isn’t playing at Mul or Berrigan this year, those ‘lads’ I mention played seniors at Berrigan.
If he is wanted back by them, why isn’t he playing there this year?
Also just had a look back at my comment from a month ago.
I did say ‘ the club doesn’t want him back’
Which, as you’ve pointed out isn’t who I spoke to. So yes, I should have said ‘the players that I spoke to’ instead. I’ll cop that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back